ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:50 pm Did anyone catch the interview with the bucks about trashing roh and basically new japan on how much they were getting paid
I think there a couple of veild shots in interview but nothing really to write home about, it's what I would expexct from, especially with how confident they are feeling about AEW. The interview really tells me more about them and their futures than anything else, they wanted money to retire on and only a couple of companies could get anywhere near that, they are going to be done with wrestling after this contract it looks like, so really they are taking Khan for all his money and running into the sunset.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

christopherclinton55 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm Welp looks like ROH lost out on curt stallion
I think if you have Dragon Lee coming in, loosing out on Curt Stallion isn't really going to hurt too much and honestly ROH has kept Curt hanging on for far too long he should use every opportunity to break out.

He's finally got a personality from working in AAW nothing outlandish but it feels it suits him, to me he just feels a bit generic and 'Indy', I also don't think he's all that in the ring, yeah hes better than cheeseburger but a lot of roster can do what he can with and with stronger personalities.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

christopherclinton55 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm Welp looks like ROH lost out on curt stallion
I don't know. Maybe ROH lost out on Curt. However , I think it is more likely that Delirious did not want him . I do not why anyone would not not want Stallion , he has a huge upside. Curt is still young , he add more muscle over the next couple of years. Then he will be good to go.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Is Dragon Lee a done deal?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Sounds like it reports are saying their finalizing it
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It seems like ROH prefers more established talent than someone like Stallion. I think anyone that hasn't had that kind of experience they prefer to go through the Dojo. You'll miss some talented guys that way. Unless you are WWE you can't sign everyone.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Is ACH confirmed to signed with wwe?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

christopherclinton55 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:24 pm Is ACH confirmed to signed with wwe?
Yes . ACH and Trevor Lee are going to NXT . AAW is having a goodbye show for both of them this weekend . No word on Shane Strickland .

AAW has lost the services of Trevor Lee, ACH , Brody King , Bandido and Jeff Cobb . Plus David Starr moved to the UK. It is going to be hard for AAW to find people to replace all of that drawing power .
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Memphis Mark wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:17 pm
christopherclinton55 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:24 pm Is ACH confirmed to signed with wwe?
Yes . ACH and Trevor Lee are going to NXT . AAW is having a goodbye show for both of them this weekend . No word on Shane Strickland .

AAW has lost the services of Trevor Lee, ACH , Brody King , Bandido and Jeff Cobb . Plus David Starr moved to the UK. It is going to be hard for AAW to find people to replace all of that drawing power .
Oh I new he was leaving the indies I didn't know where he was signing to I wonder what going to happen with Wrstling considering everyone seems to be signing elsewhere. AAW has talented bookers so I'm sure they will be able to make stars.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/status/10 ... 1357033472

Lavie's tweeting about Lee coming in, looks pretty official.

This is the best signing so far. I have long maintained that I think Dragon Lee is as special a talent as there is in the business right now. Make him the biggest star in ROH, make him the biggest star in NJPW, make him the biggest star in CMLL.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dragon lee is amazing....dont do dumb things lizard man...dont do it.

holly shit, roh roster is crazzyyy
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:37 pm dragon lee is amazing....dont do dumb things lizard man...dont do it.

Jeff Cobb , Brody King , PCO , Bandido , Mark Haskins , PJ Black , Luchasaurus , Juice Robinson , Dave Finlay , Tracy Williams , Rush , Dragon Lee , Clark Conners , Alex Coughlin , Karl Fredricks and access to Nick Aldis and Willie Mack . Plus rumors of adding Corey Hollis and John Skylar , two talents who would strength the undercard . That enough talent to start a whole new company .

Is Kenny King's mystery partner the last shoe to drop ? Conventional wisdom says the mystery man will be Austin Aries . Any other guesses ? At this point it seems that anything is possible .
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope it's Ultimo Guerrero's mullet.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm I hope it's Ultimo Guerrero's mullet.
I don't get it .
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Ultimo Guerrero's mullet is its own entity.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

That makes sense .
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Memphis Mark wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:37 pm dragon lee is amazing....dont do dumb things lizard man...dont do it.

Jeff Cobb , Brody King , PCO , Bandido , Mark Haskins , PJ Black , Luchasaurus , Juice Robinson , Dave Finlay , Tracy Williams , Rush , Dragon Lee , Clark Conners , Alex Coughlin , Karl Fredricks and access to Nick Aldis and Willie Mack . Plus rumors of adding Corey Hollis and John Skylar , two talents who would strength the undercard . That enough talent to start a whole new company .

Is Kenny King's mystery partner the last shoe to drop ? Conventional wisdom says the mystery man will be Austin Aries . Any other guesses ? At this point it seems that anything is possible .
If it's Aries, Delirious should be hung in the town square.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Just on Kenny King's partner, King recently tweeted "It's not who you think it is", so wether that's pointing towards, Aries, Titus or someone from the Rebellion is as good a guess as anyone.

He also made note it could be a woman, possibly. Which I personally really wouldn't like as Inter geneger matches just aren't my thing at all.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:29 pm
Memphis Mark wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 pm

If it's Aries, Delirious should be hung in the town square.
Right, I'll bite.

Why should he be hung in the town square for bringing in Austin Aries?

I'll probably regret this pretty quickly.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:53 pm I hope it's Ultimo Guerrero's mullet.
i need more ultimo guerrero in roh...he is awesome and fun.