ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

Shane Strickland announced he's a free agent. That would be a GREAT sign for ROH, but I'm 100% sure he's going to WWE/NXT along with Trevor Lee and ACH.

Talking about free agents, Josh Alexander is another one and I've read he's working his visa issues. Since ROH didn't sign the Super Smash Bros (and they'll end up in AEW bc of their friendship with the Jackson brothers), I think they should offer Josh a contract. That guy is one of the best indie wrestlers out there, killing it in Canada every time he steps in the ring.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

RUSH HAS SIGNED A FREAKIN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT WITH ROH O M G

https://twitter.com/MLW/status/10852835 ... twterm%5E3
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm RUSH HAS SIGNED A FREAKIN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT WITH ROH O M G

Un fucking believably awesome.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:18 pm RUSH HAS SIGNED A FREAKIN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT WITH ROH O M G

I logged in just to see if anyone saw this yet. I was at the Philly tv taping and saw his match with TK live. This guys is the definition of a star. I'm so psyched right now.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AWESOME!!!
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Cool grab but does anyone respects contracts anymore this makes me look at ROH differently. I feel bad for MLW
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I don't see Shane Strickland coming to roh. I see him either in wwe nxt or AEW
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Bauer ripped ROH upon departing the company...maybe this makes sense.

now we need dragon lee too
Montana

Post by Montana »

I don't know all the details, but i assume the MLW contracts are so lose if give the wrestlers options in terms of wrestling for other promotions/opting out. Plus some are per appearance deals, thus not really like a contract. I heard Joey Janelas was like that.

That's cool ROH got Rush. Can't wait for some big matchups!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

HOLY CRAP RUSH

I've waited so long for this. I was just pestering Ian about CMLL guys and then I see this, haha.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I'm pretty sure Rush was on a pay per appearance deal with MLW. Court shouldn't be shocked by this. He started locking down some guys like the Hart Foundation. As someone who watches both shows I would have preferred Rush be allowed to finish his dates up to Mania weekend for MLW but completely understand why he isn't.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Would Rush vs Lethal G1 Supercard draw interest? I'm seriously asking but I know very little about Lucha I know Rush is big star but I know little to nothing about him. I'm curious if him as Champion would push the needle and keep eyes on ROH while AEW does there thing.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I know I predicted Lethal vs. Rush in the G1 Supercard thread.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Assuming he starts on the Texas loop? Bandido is the only member of Lifeblood not in Tag Wars, let's get that right off the bat.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

PWInsider.com has been told the deal will be exclusive for the United States, but will allow Rush to continue to wrestle for CMLL in Mexico, where he is contracted. He had debuted for Ring of Honor last month in Philadelphia at a TV taping, beating TK O'Ryan.

MLW had been working on signing Rush to a deal and had gotten him to agree in principle, but Ring of Honor, having the working relationship with CMLL, was able to circumvent MLW and ended up signing Rush instead.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

christopherclinton55 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:43 pm Cool grab but does anyone respects contracts anymore this makes me look at ROH differently. I feel bad for MLW
MLW is smoke and mirrors. They don't have "contracts", they are paying guys per appearance and all the contract states is what you get paid and other small details. The fact anyone thinks they could afford one third of the talent that they have been featuring on exclusive contracts is hilarious when you have it coming out that ROH is offering guys in certain positions more money than WWE is.

RUSH was free and open to do what he wanted. Screw MLW, Court is a snake, always has and always will be. If he had the resources he'd the first person to sign away talent if they became available and screw other promotions plans but he doesn't so he can't.

No doubt he'll rip on ROH and act like their bullying him and MLW when he was the one who went off on ROH first because they fired him.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I also highly doubt this is the end of the ROH signing spree. Definitely one WOH name not announced yet if not one or two more. Interesting to see what Dave Meltzer reports in the Observer and also Mike Johnson is clearly getting info from someone as he made it clear there would be another name and here we are, RUSH was the name.

ROH could probably look at running Mexico too now. It's cheap and the crowds are generally hot.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Fantastic to see RUSH pretty much full time, full fledged fued with Taven, blood, guts and all to really get both guys firing and I will be happy.

Hopefully a couple more lower card Guys are in the works as well as Women and Tag Teams
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Exactly the main event is packed time to fill up the rest of the roster.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

When will they announce new details about Rush contract? Which one will be his first date with the company in 2019? I just saw an article on the website but it just some info about him:

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/rush- ... ar-company