ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

Dave on Observer Radio basically confirmed what he was hinting at earlier: New Japan wants so badly to keep Omega that they're now having second thoughts on not working with AEW. The chances of them working together are now "very good" although not a done deal.

Dave thinks that Kenny is going to AEW, in case you needed more confirmation. A WWE source told Dave that they really wanted Kenny but indicated it's not going to happen.

Dave also says that while Jericho's New Japan contract expired they really want to keep him and Jericho would like to stay as well. They want to run Tanahashi/Jericho this year.

Dave on the AEW deals being signed: "They're big deals". Says that a few of the very top guys like the Bucks and Cody are signing FIVE YEAR deals.

Dave says the New Japan office found out that Kenny was leaving in that Tokyo Sport article like everyone else did, and they were upset by that.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Dont trust Dave's info about AEW. His source is Cody and the Bucks so theyll tell him whatever they want to be talk about.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I wouldn't be surprised if NJPW considered working with AEW next year. Obviously with the MSG show coming in April they are committed to ROH. ROH having Shibata at the Texas shows later this month is probably a way to help promote the NJPW in Dallas later this year. Juice Robinson looks to be in ROH a lot this year. Now come 2020 and how far along AEW actually develops could change what NJPW wants to do.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:13 am Dont trust Dave's info about AEW. His source is Cody and the Bucks so theyll tell him whatever they want to be talk about.
Yeah, I kind of assumed this has always been the case.

Looking back at Omega's statement, if this were from any other company in the world, I'd be inclined to think it was an angle and Kenny is just taking some time off before coming back.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mayu Iwatani is supposed to work MSG but Elite is trying to convince her to join them and leave Stardom.

Also Elite tried to sign Viper but she's WWE bound.
Montana

Post by Montana »

The ROH roster page is semi-updated. They removed the elite but didn’t add their new signings yet.
Big Red Machine

Montana wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:31 pm The ROH roster page is semi-updated. They removed the elite but didn’t add their new signings yet.
Not having the new signings is in excusable at this point.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chris Dickinson & Jaka are still with evolve?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Good Question... i thought they were leaving around Fall 2018... when Stokley left, and then hung around a bit. Last i know they lost to street Profits around NOV 18. Don't think they were on Dec or Jan shows.

Anyone know about WWN contracts? How Long typically?

I'd love JD Drake and Anthony in ROH.. they signed to WWN around May 2018. Not sure how many years though.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:10 pm
Montana wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:31 pm The ROH roster page is semi-updated. They removed the elite but didn’t add their new signings yet.

Maybe they have more acquisitions to make.... and i'm sure they want to update once and not touch it for the year. But yeah, would be good to have more routine updates. Especially when a handful signed like a month or so ago. (or maybe trying to figure out if they want to sign guys like Hot Sauce, Luchasarus, Colin Delaney, PJ Black, etc to contracts)
Big Red Machine

Montana wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Maybe they have more acquisitions to make.... and i'm sure they want to update once and not touch it for the year. But yeah, would be good to have more routine updates. Especially when a handful signed like a month or so ago. (or maybe trying to figure out if they want to sign guys like Hot Sauce, Luchasarus, Colin Delaney, PJ Black, etc to contracts)
Not an excuse. It shouldn't take much effort to do this, and what else is the website person doing with his/her time? Not having an up-to-date roster page makes a company look bad.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I imagine they are waiting to take photos this weekend for the rengers to put on the webite.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Update roster page before first match is bad thing.
If newcomer use new mask or new gear, need more update.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:30 pm
Montana wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Not an excuse. It shouldn't take much effort to do this, and what else is the website person doing with his/her time? Not having an up-to-date roster page makes a company look bad.

Last I heard their web guy was no longer with Sinclair. So they might actually just have Hunter posting articles he and Kevin Eck write.
Captain Podcast
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Per PWInsider:

"Tracy Williams and the former Justin Gabriel, PJ Black, have signed with Ring of Honor. We are hearing there is another signing in the works that may be announced soon"
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:18 pm Per PWInsider:

"Tracy Williams and the former Justin Gabriel, PJ Black, have signed with Ring of Honor. We are hearing there is another signing in the works that may be announced soon"
Flip Gordon and Chris Sabin were injured over the weekend. I'm not saying replace them but those two roster spots need to be filled.

There two ways to do it, push lower card guys like Eli Islom and Ryan Nova and putting them in the spots Gordon and Sabin were in and see if they sink or swim and then put two other Dojo guys into their spots right now. Or sign an indie talent thats local to Maryland the location of the ROH head office and bring them in on per apperance and see if they rise to the occasion.

ROH has there upper card pretty filled out right now. It's time to fill out the middle card which is almost more important as you need a foundation for wich to build the house on.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Was it me last night or were they teasing a big female talent to challenge Kelly soon
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Yes, it may or may not be Mayu. She's definitely ROH bound it's just a matter of when she starts.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

mayu is g1 supercard bound so maybe she is the big talent coming.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:04 pm Was it me last night or were they teasing a big female talent to challenge Kelly soon
We will have an official announcement soon! Please stand by...