ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by BurningHammer »

That's great news on Tracy, if ROH can add a couple more talents with Tracey and Finlay on board there is a good healthy roster there.

Will be interesting to see how Finlay comes in, will he be a surprise, I wonder if he will have strong role in some shape or form.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:28 am That's great news on Tracy, if ROH can add a couple more talents with Tracey and Finlay on board there is a good healthy roster there.

Will be interesting to see how Finlay comes in, will he be a surprise, I wonder if he will have strong role in some shape or form.
Have a feeling Finlay is only booked because he lives in Atlanta and he's probably also booked for the New Beginning U.S. cards so he'll be in the U.S. next month so why not book him while he's available?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:37 amHave a feeling Finlay is only booked because he lives in Atlanta and he's probably also booked for the New Beginning U.S. cards so he'll be in the U.S. next month so why not book him while he's available?
Ahh, I had no idea he lived in Atlanta and if he is booked on the New Beginning tour it makes sense to use him for sure, I know he was meant to come in some time last year also, but that never happened for whatever reason.

It if it's just a couple of shots it's cool, I just wondered if he could be made into something more than an oponer for New Japan.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Is there a link to the Finlay/ROH thing?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

rovert1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:37 am Is there a link to the Finlay/ROH thing?
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/villa ... ompetitors
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

heel vs heel match ??? weird.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I don’t think Villain Enterprises are heels.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:39 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 pm There are a zillion people who have come in and out of ROH over the years who have called Hunter a snake. Look no further than what he did to his former girlfriend if you'd like an example of the type of person Hunter Johnston was and is.
Who is the former girlfriend?

Daizee Haze
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:45 am I don’t think Villain Enterprises are heels.
Indeed they are not. They're feuding with The Kingdom. Briscoes and Silas are an interesting trio.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:08 am
Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:39 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 pm There are a zillion people who have come in and out of ROH over the years who have called Hunter a snake. Look no further than what he did to his former girlfriend if you'd like an example of the type of person Hunter Johnston was and is.
Who is the former girlfriend?

Daizee Haze
What'd he do to Daizee Haze? I remember cringing everytime she would come through the ROH curtain down the entrance ramp. So bad.... Although I will say I just recently watch Clash of the Contenders from 2009. The main event is Aries-Delirious for the World title. I popped pretty big when Aries ducks a lariat and continues running, dives through the ropes and hits Daizee Haze with a heat seaking missile out of nowhere.

Edit: Sorry about being off topic. I thought I was in the Random Thoughts Thread.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Trevor Lee and DJZ are free agents right now.
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:09 pm Trevor Lee and DJZ are free agents right now.
Lee is signing with WWE, DJZ, MLW or AEW. Do not expect DJ Z in ROH based on his history with the booker.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

what is the history...can you tell us?

i also saw a few days ago that djz designed the original roh logo back in 2002...crazy.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Drake Maverick was tweeting about DJZ already so...
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Surprised nobody’s really been clamoring for Colin Delaney to return. Thought he had a decent showing at SOTF.
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:33 pm what is the history...can you tell us?

i also saw a few days ago that djz designed the original roh logo back in 2002...crazy.
Yep, designed the logo through a contest on Mr. Damn 14 video's website.

DJ Z was part of a tryout camp a few years ago during the HD-Net Era, I believe there was a documentary filmed around that time with him, can't remember what it was, but I know I have it in my collection. Delirious made fun of the condition he was in, not knowing the wide array of medical trauma he had been through around that time. There was a confrontation prior to the taping and Pearce who was booker at the time sent Delirious home and DJ Z was not hired.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

TYFDK wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:33 pm Surprised nobody’s really been clamoring for Colin Delaney to return. Thought he had a decent showing at SOTF.
I see him at AIW monthly, he's in good shape, but has the WWEECW stigma and has a really good real job.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:33 pm Surprised nobody’s really been clamoring for Colin Delaney to return. Thought he had a decent showing at SOTF.
"Decent" isn't enough to get me clamoring for someone to return, and especially someone with WWE jobber stink on him.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The Colin Defender has logged in and he has to say, after watching two matches of his in ROH, Colin is good! I like him as a lowercard guy. He's sharp in the ring and his story is really interesting. He was someone that was abused by the reality TV nature of the WWE and now he's trying have a career as an adult. It's a sympathetic and extremely unique character.
AnHonorableMention

Wilson wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:58 am The Colin Defender has logged in and he has to say, after watching two matches of his in ROH, Colin is good! I like him as a lowercard guy. He's sharp in the ring and his story is really interesting. He was someone that was abused by the reality TV nature of the WWE and now he's trying have a career as an adult. It's a sympathetic and extremely unique character.
I'd love to know what storytelling he's doing considering he's the same size as most of the ROH roster, not a little guy here compared to the way you perfectly put it was "abused" in WWE. I don't know what sympathy he's drawing, or what's unique there.
Captain Podcast