ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are also looking at Brittany Blake
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shane's a great guy and unfortunately a victim of tag team rat finkism but until creative changes ROH could sign John Cena and I don't think I could get behind it until the creative is executed right.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If they signed John Cena I'd stop watching. I don't hate the guy and I understand why WWE pushes him, but I don't enjoy watching his matches and I don't enjoy his character work. I hope he just stays in Hollywood.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Not to spoil anything in this section but if what happened in Philly is to go by, Shane Taylor is going to matter this year in ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Brada wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:21 am With the turnover currently , the time is NOW to sign "Dirty" Andy Dalton.

The fact that he isn't signed to a deal is criminal.

They should also go get ahead of the curve and grab Jaxon Stone now too.
Brada is back? :O
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ROH just confirmed that Bandido, Haskins, PCO and King are under full time contracts and they will be on every show announced for 2019. Great news.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

So from what I hear there wasn't much said in the Observer regarding Whitmer's issues with the company and why he quit. Just some little blurb regarding him having to turn the invitation to be a guest coach at the PC. How shocking.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Dave Meltzer says Daniels is going to be only working for roh is a producer going forward
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BEER CITY BRUISER ""I have officially re-signed with @ringofhonor wrestling through 2019! With my new contract I am still able to work select Independent companies! It’s still Mouth Punching Time in ROH, so let’s give a Toast Of Honor in 2019!!"
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

::wipes sweat from forehead:: And just in time for Beer City to steal another weekend pair of shows in Korakuen.
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 am Dave Meltzer says Daniels is going to be only working for roh is a producer going forward
Not what he said at all. I do not expect Daniels back at ROH at all.

"Christopher Daniels has taken a number of independent dates, which means he’s not planning on signing a new contract here any time soon. He’s also not being advertised for the January dates. It is possible he could work temporarily as a producer and still work indies as talent."
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwtorch reported that bj whitmer was under contract to sinclair not Roh it proves sinclair more involved in the company then some people think
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Longtime ROH wrestler B.J. Whitmer resigned from his position at Sinclair last week. Whitmer hadn’t been wrestling in recent years and had filled a number of roles behind the scenes for the company including working as a producer and filling in as an announcer in front of the camera when needed. He was also coaching at the ROH Dojo twice a week as a trainer. The news was first reported by Pro Wrestling Sheet.

Whiter had been upset since September when he was not allowed to take a guest coaching spot at the WWE PC back in September. Sources say Whitmer was upfront about taking the guest coaching spot with ROH management back in September and had gotten approval from ROH GM Greg Gilleland. He was in his office at Sinclair when Joe Koff came with a rep from human resources and told him that he couldn’t be the guest coach at the WWE PC and that if he took the role he would be fired if he did it. The Sinclair HR person told Whitmer he’d be violating a conflict of interest clause by taking the role of guest coach at the WWE PC. Whitmer was employed by Sinclair and was not under a wrestling contract with the company.

Whitmer’s frustration with ROH management grew over the last few months and he decided to leave the company. Sources have indicated that they feel ROH booker Hunter Johnston (Delirious) might have been behind the move, as he is known to send Koff to be the “bad cop” when he has an issue with a talent or worker behind the scenes. One longtime source close to the situation said Johnston is a “turtle and a snake.” The source went on that he hates confrontation, but will be the first to tell Joe to be the bad guy. Other sources indicated they didn’t know if Johnston was involved in this particular instance, but it fits a pattern of behavior he has exhibited in the past.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Whitmer is expected to end up with a role behind the scenes in All Elite Wrestling.

Radican’s Analysis: It’s a shame Whitmer was treated so poorly when it he had given everything he had to ROH for over a decade as both a wrestler and worker behind the scenes. Whitmer was well-liked according to sources and is expected to end up with a position in another wrestling company in the near future. It must have been extremely frustrating for Whitmer to have Koff confront him with a Sinclair HR person in his office after he was told he could do the guest coaching spot at the WWE PC.
AnHonorableMention

There are a zillion people who have come in and out of ROH over the years who have called Hunter a snake. Look no further than what he did to his former girlfriend if you'd like an example of the type of person Hunter Johnston was and is.
Captain Podcast
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

David Finlay is quietly making his ROH debut next month.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

TYFDK wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:32 pm David Finlay is quietly making his ROH debut next month.
In what capacity?? :shock:
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:29 pm There are a zillion people who have come in and out of ROH over the years who have called Hunter a snake. Look no further than what he did to his former girlfriend if you'd like an example of the type of person Hunter Johnston was and is.
Who is the former girlfriend?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:39 pm
TYFDK wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:32 pm David Finlay is quietly making his ROH debut next month.
In what capacity?? :shock:
Wrestling.

Hot Sauce is back in Concord, as well. Reason to believe both will be in Atlanta, as well.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Meh on Finlay. He's aight.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I wonder if tracy getting signed