ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Memphis Mark

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Memphis Mark »

In regards to PCO , I am happy that he got the ROH deal. The man is 50 years , but so what ! Age is just a number , he man can do the job. That is all that matters.

PCO has had a tough run. The guy worked for both the WWF and WCW but never made any real money . Now at 50 he gets the deal he has earned after years of hard work. Hopefully this ROH run will help fund his retirement. .
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Memphis Mark wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 am The fans will decide who stays and who make an early exit based on their actual ring work , not preconceived notions .
Except this last part has been proven false under the current regime. Guys like Cliff Compton and Bull Dempsey were allowed to repeatedly sh*t the bed with some of ROH's best workers and were still brought back afterwards. Sumie Sakai put on mediocre matches and barely got any reaction but they left the belt on her for OVER EIGHT MONTHS. If someone has talent this regime will try to bring them in, yes, and if someone gets over they'll probably be brought back... but if they don't get over and Delirious wants to keep using them, he'll just bring them back anyway, and that seems to happen more often than not when has had some TV exposure. That is what people are worried about.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

AlexROH wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:50 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 pm Signing the great names like Luchasaurus & PJ Black oh and 50 year old PCO. LOL
Yeah because why should add to that list Jeff Cobb, Bandido, Mark Haskins, Brody King and Tracy Williams?

The great names you mentioned are welcome additions, but in the end it comes down the booker. Plus PCO will lose steam just based on the act, and Marty being lame duck at the moment. Luchasaurus was awful in Columbus and PJ Black looked like he would rather have been anywhere else besides in a ring.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:18 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 pm Signing the great names like Luchasaurus & PJ Black oh and 50 year old PCO. LOL
Ahhh there we go, there is always one....

If they can add Flamita, they will just need one more tag team and the devision wont feel so crippled, now add a Sammy Guevara/MJF and a Wheeler Yuta/Myron Reed and that will be a very good roster.

For someone who was accused of being a company shill to now being called the opposite, mama I’ve made it.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Memphis Mark wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:40 am In regards to PCO , I am happy that he got the ROH deal. The man is 50 years , but so what ! Age is just a number , he man can do the job. That is all that matters.

PCO has had a tough run. The guy worked for both the WWF and WCW but never made any real money . Now at 50 he gets the deal he has earned after years of hard work. Hopefully this ROH run will help fund his retirement. .

You literally said Daniels and Kazarian were on the back nine and he’s older than both! Come on, if you like the gimmick great. But don’t talk out of both sides.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Am I the only one who would much rather see Badido as a singles guy without Flamita?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Per Pwinsider

There is an expectation that Daniels will be at the Florida TV tapings at least.

Homicide was at both shows over the weekend,

How would everyone feel about a return of Homicide?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They might sign Eddie Kingston along with homicide
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:57 am They might sign Eddie Kingston along with homicide
I hope it goes better than the last Outlaw Inc stint in ROH if they do. That was a total mess of a run.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

With Bandidio main eventing All In I figured he would've been high up on the list for AEW.with ROH signing him and getting more aggressive with talent signings and when you still factor in WWE and other places locking down talent it makes me wonder more about who AEW would get. I feel like it's mainly going to be a play toy for the Elite and a retirement home for unhappy WWE main roster names who are getting older and want to get off the road.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Would like to see Flamita but luchablog on Twitter doesn’t think it’s likely.

Would love for Rey Horus to come in.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

If they want his partner bad enough they will get him I love how they are aggressively going after talent
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I belive Kingston just showed up in Evolve so it doesn't seem likely, Kingston never seemed to work in ROH, I just think his in ring work always looked out of place. There is no doubting his talent on the mic or creating a hugely intense atmosphere but you have to book him in a certain way in matches and ROH just might not be good enough to do that.

Homicide could just be visiting freinds, I just found it interesting that he was their both nights.

That's a shame about Flamita, I like them overall as a Tag Team.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

We'll have to see what happens on the weeks to come with other names out there. The story of two MLW names turning down ROH shows there are still wrestlers out there who don't view ROH as an attractive option.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:10 pm I belive Kingston just showed up in Evolve so it doesn't seem likely, Kingston never seemed to work in ROH, I just think his in ring work always looked out of place. There is no doubting his talent on the mic or creating a hugely intense atmosphere but you have to book him in a certain way in matches and ROH just might not be good enough to do that.

Homicide could just be visiting freinds, I just found it interesting that he was their both nights.

Dee lives 5 min from the armory
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:10 pm I belive Kingston just showed up in Evolve so it doesn't seem likely, Kingston never seemed to work in ROH, I just think his in ring work always looked out of place. There is no doubting his talent on the mic or creating a hugely intense atmosphere but you have to book him in a certain way in matches and ROH just might not be good enough to do that.

That will probably explain it then, I had thought he was more NY based.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

homicide vs pco would be great.

thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

I want to see Stokley back.
Big Red Machine

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Wait... Homicide doens't live in Brooklyn anymore? This is unacceptable!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Doesn't Homicide have a wrestling school with Nick Gage somewhere near the Pennsylvania/New Jersey border?