ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:46 pmIt's a solid roster of guys with a huge chunk of talent and who work very hard. It's the booker I lack faith in.
I can understand that and I have issues with the booking in general, but and I'm having too look past quite a bit here,

Has the booking in the end done what it needed to do, I think King, Castle, Taven and Flip have been elevated to the points they needed to be, Cobb has come in done what he should have done, they've Kept Silas as a Solid mid carder yet were able to move him up for a little while and I think did it sensibly, Gresham has had a break out year (more so than anytime in his career and I think ROH has had a hand in that) despite a slow start but maybe that was the plan, he should be pushed strongly next year, I can see a singles or tag team title run next year with Lethal, if ROH isn't looking at Brookes.
Spoiler: show
Up until the shit with Helms I thought Marty had a strong year and it looks like he will rebound with Villian Enterprises and the World title shot. Eli Isom looks to be looking towards a healthy 2019 which would be hugley important.
Zack immediately was used in the right way, a complete dick heel that's better than everyone else. There are ones that have had a pretty bad couple of years booking wise, but i think we have turned a corner with both Best Freinds and Taylor, plus we wont have to worry about Cheeseburger or Will Ferrara main eventing TV, I we can move on from using the likes of Milonas etc, and using the likes of Tracy Williams ROH will be better off from the start

I do feel the main problems have been the length of stories, use of interferance, ref bumps in matches etc, and using certain characters/wrestlers in those positions. Cut that out or at least down in those areas and I feel people will generally have a better feeling towards booking. Judging by what happened at TV we may see a stronger use of rules to matches, to DQ someone during the match for pushing hasn't been done in a long time.
You make good points, but based on Delirious' history, I'm not willing to admit that guys like King, Flip, and Gresham have been elevated until they remain consistently at the level they have been temporarily elevated to. I've seen too many flopped elevations of Adam Page and Silas Young and Donovan Dijak and Lio Rush to have faith that these guys will remain booked at such a level.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

rovert1 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:32 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:06 pm This rovert guy has a wild history, ask him about sending amazon wish list gifts to female wrestlers for info.
This never ever happened. Way too cheap for that.

This all comes from me speaking out against wishlist culture 5 years ago. And wishing better for women's wresting - which did happen as I am a visionary.

Will delete my account if you can provide evidence and will donate $500 to you or a charity of your choice.

If you can't can you offer to delete your account within 24 hours on here?

The fact this guy has an excuse to “where it comes from” tells me all I need to know.
Captain Podcast
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:31 am
rovert1 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:32 pm This never ever happened. Way too cheap for that.

This all comes from me speaking out against wishlist culture 5 years ago. And wishing better for women's wresting - which did happen as I am a visionary.

Will delete my account if you can provide evidence and will donate $500 to you or a charity of your choice.

If you can't can you offer to delete your account within 24 hours on here?
The fact this guy has an excuse to “where it comes from” tells me all I need to know.
I am not cool about open rumor-mongering on this forum, especially regarding users. rovert actually has a really bad history with harassment campaigns. Whatever potential mistakes they may have done feel totally outstripped by the vitriol against them on places like wreddit. This has to stop here.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Bandido has signed with Ring of Honor, will debut in 2019

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2018/12/ ... t-in-2019/
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The PWG-ification continues. (And obviously this is a pretty cool get.)
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are signing a lot of good names
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I sure most of you know that the Smith family controls Sinclair . David Smith and his brothers are worth over 1.2 billion dollars . When it comes to the wrestling industry , if you have over a billion dollars you can do whatever you want. Maybe somebody got a little upset about HHH and his henchman tampering with the talent or the McMahons trying to block ROH / NJPW from running MSG ? Maybe someone at SBGI did not take it well when they learned that Rhodes and the Massies are not going to work the MSG show ? Maybe or May not .

All I know if that David Smith and his family decide to properly fund ROH , the whole business will change . I recall the former ECW wrestler TAZ saying that the WWE does not sweat anyone. Well , they should sweat Smith if he becomes interested in ROH . Instead of raiding ROH for their NXT project , maybe they should have left ROH alone.

Bandido , Brodie King , PCO , Juice Robinson , PJ Black , Zack Sabre , JR ., Jeff Cobb, Luchasarus , Tracy Williams and Mark Haskins just in the last few months. I bet there is more to come. Might be hard times for Impact and MLW .

If you walk by a sleeping bear , just keeping going .
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think that is exactly what has happened because they are signing for all areas of the company now
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwinsider is reporting Roh is currently trying to sign bandido partner flamita to a deal also
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I like to think that ROH officials read this forum and they saw me say I'd like Bandido & Flamita. You can thank me for Bandido being signed.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:57 pm They are signing a lot of good names
They are! I thought they'd have to settle for a cast off like a Darren Young or a Jack Swagger or lesser indie talent with no TV experience.

I think ROH will put up a real fight to retain the audience they built up during The Elite years. Also, I am glad that the people who bought tickets to MSG won't feel badly mislead or ripped off.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Signing the great names like Luchasaurus & PJ Black oh and 50 year old PCO. LOL
Captain Podcast
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 pm Signing the great names like Luchasaurus & PJ Black oh and 50 year old PCO. LOL
Who do you suggest that's a free agent?
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I don't really count Rush, Juice and ZSJ as new acquisitions ROH pulled off, as good as it is to have them around. It's more like them doing what they've been doing the past few years. That being them being able to capitalize on the partnerships they have with other promotions and booking their stars who are more over than most people on heir roster.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 pm Signing the great names like Luchasaurus & PJ Black oh and 50 year old PCO. LOL
Yeah because why should add to that list Jeff Cobb, Bandido, Mark Haskins, Brody King and Tracy Williams?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Bandido is a GREAT move. I mean, he ended 2018 as one of the top 3 hottest free agents in the market. He was someone on everybodies radar. Awesome news for ROH.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Ahhh there we go, there is always one....

If they can add Flamita, they will just need one more tag team and the devision wont feel so crippled, now add a Sammy Guevara/MJF and a Wheeler Yuta/Myron Reed and that will be a very good roster.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

LJimmy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:28 pm I don't really count Rush, Juice and ZSJ as new acquisitions ROH pulled off, as good as it is to have them around. It's more like them doing what they've been doing the past few years. That being them being able to capitalize on the partnerships they have with other promotions and booking their stars who are more over than most people on heir roster.
It's up to the talent to say yes and it's about picking the wrestlers they wont moving forward, in that respect they have made the right moves and can build from there. Right now we don't know how heavily they will be involved but it sounds like Juice and Zack are going to be around a fair bit and I imagine Rush will to up until Miami anyway.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I never prejudge talent . Their age or where they worked before are not important. Wrestlers simply follow the mandate of creative . ROH needs to bring a wide variety of talent and put them in the ring . The fans will decide who stays and who make an early exit based on their actual ring work , not preconceived notions .