ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by BurningHammer »

All of those guys derserve the big the money they look to be getting and if ROH helped them learn a new path for later on in wrestling then that's a good thing too.

It's time to move on and focus on what the TV tapings tonight will bring, and the future overall, I imagine we are getting a couple of bebuts tonight, maybe more than two who knows. It will be interesting to see where the likes of Dalton and Taven are going has that fued just begun, will Best Friends be the next tag team to challenge the Briscoes and hopefully have a run. Is the Pure title coming back or certainly more of a focus on a catch wrestling based style, with Zack hopefully being a regular. I can see Bully Ray and Silas having a thing over the next month or so then I imagine Ray will done for a bit.

There are still a lot of talented guys like Kenny King who I feel have found their niche in ROH and can have a great 2019, We have Marty and Lethal to look forward too and even though he isn't my cup of tea the addition of Aldis is an interesting one as a whole.

If this is the Roster for the most part how is everyone feeling

Lethal
Jeff Cobb
Matt Taven
Dalton Castle
Marty Scurll
Jonathan Gresham
Flip Gordon
Kenny King
Brody King
PCO
Luchasaurus
Aldis
PJ Black
Zack Zabre Jnr
RUSH
Mark Haskins
Tracy Williams
Silas Young
Shane Taylor
Eli Isom
The Briscoes
Best Freinds
C2C
The Boys
The Bouncers (Maybe not)
Women of Honor

Add a few bring in's maybe more often than not now, Like Ospreay, Robinson and others from New Japan, plus appearances from guys in CMLL. Overall I would say apart from two new tag teams and a couple of other hot indy acts you've got a good group there to move forward with personally.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

We don't know who else is headed to ROH in 2019. I looking at who we know is leaving and how ROH can replace them in 2019.

Cody Rhodes has run his course in ROH . Two years of Cody is enough . Now , Cody did a great job in ROH , but he needs to get off the ROH stage while people are still applauding . Daniels and Kaz are great talents , but they are on the back nine of theirs careers . They can be replaced in the ring, how losing them as a source of knowledge is the real loss. Sky is a great wrestler who truly deserves the success he achieved in 2018. Yet , he can be replace on the roster by a similar talent .

Losing the Bucks is a bigger deal. The reason that the loss is so huge is that the ROH office now has only one main event tag team . The Briscoes need some people to work with in 19. The loss of Page is the biggest blow . Page is a home grown star that is now ready to take a leadership role in ROH . Page cannot not be replace , he is going to be a major star . Book it.

What should ROH do ?

1. Try to use their relationship with NJPW to secure the services of Juice Robinson and Zack Sabre , JR. in 19 . Similar to Kenta's run in 06/07 . These guys can repace Rhodes and SCU in the fans minds and hearts.

2. Push Brodie King and PCO to the moon. These guys are the perfect opponents for Jeff Cobb.

3. Secure the service of the Best Friends . Put them in a program with the Briscoes.

4. Bring in outside talent to work with Lethal . First look at who NJPW and CMLL have available that could draw money with Lethal. Then try to cut a deal with Impact to bring Brian Cage , Eli Drake , Willie Mack John Hennigan and Eddie Edwards to work with Lethal for a few shots eack.

6. Book some NWA talents for few shots to see if they get get over with the ROH fans. I talking about Sam Shaw , Jazz , Jax Dane , Tommy Mercer and James Storm. Give a couple of booking and see how it goes.

7. Review the indy landscape and look for underexposed talents . People like Jungle Boy , Pat Monix, Tyler Bateman , Hamm , Jake Something and tons of others that might just be the next big thing.

8. Review the MLW and Evolve talent roster . Keep a eye on people like Tom Lawlor, Fred Yehi , MJF , Jaka , Chris Dickerson , Austin Theory and Darby Allen to see if and when they are available.

9. Keep an eye of NXT and 205 Live talents. The WWE will start releasing some of these people in 19. Cherry Pick the releases.

10. Develop legitimate ROH Dojo talent on the under card . More Eli , Less Burger.

That it of the top of my head.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I had a couple of my thoughs . Sinclair should just go ahead and buy Impact. That way ROH would have the talent for the short run , then put all the old TNA footage on Honor Nation . Plus they would get all of the current Impact TV deals.

Also I try to make a deal with Al Snow and his OVW promtion . OVW has local weekly TV and they run house shows. They could send the Dojo students down to OVW to get experience working on TV and his front of crowds. Working for AL Snow would be a lot safer than having students work for outfits like IWA - MS or CZW
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Per Pwinsider,

Some new talents are expected to debut tonight. (Wether that is more than just Brody and PCO they didn’t specify)

Haskins has signed a deal,

There is an eye on more international talent. (Nothing specific as to who that was though.)

Nana was working backstage last night.

Apparently the main event was meant to go 40 minutes and had to be cut to 25.

The Elite are in a 8 man tonight.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They really need to leverage the CMLL partnership and get Rush, Dragon Lee, Volador, and Ultimo Guerrero in on the regular.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:37 am They really need to leverage the CMLL partnership and get Rush, Dragon Lee, Volador, and Ultimo Guerrero in on the regular.
This.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Memphis Mark wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:06 am I had a couple of my thoughs . Sinclair should just go ahead and buy Impact. That way ROH would have the talent for the short run , then put all the old TNA footage on Honor Nation . Plus they would get all of the current Impact TV deals.

Also I try to make a deal with Al Snow and his OVW promtion . OVW has local weekly TV and they run house shows. They could send the Dojo students down to OVW to get experience working on TV and his front of crowds. Working for AL Snow would be a lot safer than having students work for outfits like IWA - MS or CZW
Al's wrestling philosophy is the exact opposite of what ROH is supposed to be. How would that be a good idea? You complained about Daniels and Kazarian being old yet suggested James Storm & Jazz, while pushing PCO who will be 51 in a month or so. I don't know whether to slap my forehead hard enough to forget I read this nonsense or invent a time machine to go back far enough to not read it.

You do realize ROH is a workrate promotion and guys like Jax Dane were already here and failed while Crimson or Tommy Mercer's in ring work is piss poor on a great day. The NWA is a dead brand. I love Memphis, but Memphis wrestling should stay in the 70's & 80's. Let ROH be ROH. Yikes.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:37 am They really need to leverage the CMLL partnership and get Rush, Dragon Lee, Volador, and Ultimo Guerrero in on the regular.
I'd love this. The issue is MLW plans to use Rush and Dragon Lee often. Would they have time for all 3 companies?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It was a ridiculously stupid move to allow MLW to move in on top CMLL talent like that in the first place. I don't know what the terms of their appearances with MLW are, but ROH should try to lock them down to US exclusivity as soon as possible.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are doing future of honor tapings at monster factory venue
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

If I had a wishlist for new talent. Darius Lockhart, Tim Donst, curt Stallion, jake Something, Fred Yehi, wheeler yuta, and Willie Mack
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Willie Mack would be fantastic.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They just signed danny cage to be exclusive contract to be the operation manager at the dojo and monster factory will be hosting future of honor events going forward
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I saw Crimson and Jax Dane mentioned in an above post. Individually they would be a big no in my opinion but they could have some tag team wars with The Briscoes. The Briscoes are great in street fight types that would fit the War Kings.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:06 pm This rovert guy has a wild history, ask him about sending amazon wish list gifts to female wrestlers for info.
This never ever happened. Way too cheap for that.

This all comes from me speaking out against wishlist culture 5 years ago. And wishing better for women's wresting - which did happen as I am a visionary.

Will delete my account if you can provide evidence and will donate $500 to you or a charity of your choice.

If you can't can you offer to delete your account within 24 hours on here?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:22 am All of those guys derserve the big the money they look to be getting and if ROH helped them learn a new path for later on in wrestling then that's a good thing too.

It's time to move on and focus on what the TV tapings tonight will bring, and the future overall, I imagine we are getting a couple of bebuts tonight, maybe more than two who knows. It will be interesting to see where the likes of Dalton and Taven are going has that fued just begun, will Best Friends be the next tag team to challenge the Briscoes and hopefully have a run. Is the Pure title coming back or certainly more of a focus on a catch wrestling based style, with Zack hopefully being a regular. I can see Bully Ray and Silas having a thing over the next month or so then I imagine Ray will done for a bit.

There are still a lot of talented guys like Kenny King who I feel have found their niche in ROH and can have a great 2019, We have Marty and Lethal to look forward too and even though he isn't my cup of tea the addition of Aldis is an interesting one as a whole.

If this is the Roster for the most part how is everyone feeling

Lethal
Jeff Cobb
Matt Taven
Dalton Castle
Marty Scurll
Jonathan Gresham
Flip Gordon
Kenny King
Brody King
PCO
Luchasaurus
Aldis
PJ Black
Zack Zabre Jnr
RUSH
Mark Haskins
Tracy Williams
Silas Young
Shane Taylor
Eli Isom
The Briscoes
Best Freinds
C2C
The Boys
The Bouncers (Maybe not)
Women of Honor

Add a few bring in's maybe more often than not now, Like Ospreay, Robinson and others from New Japan, plus appearances from guys in CMLL. Overall I would say apart from two new tag teams and a couple of other hot indy acts you've got a good group there to move forward with personally.
It's a solid roster of guys with a huge chunk of talent and who work very hard. It's the booker I lack faith in.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Big Red Machine wrote: It's a solid roster of guys with a huge chunk of talent and who work very hard. It's the booker I lack faith in.
Why people didn't jump to ROH this weekend ultimately. ROH has/had the budget.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What I think ROH really needs are full time heels. ZSJ and PJ Black I don't think are going to be regulars, that leaves them with really just 8 heels and none really guys I would put on top besides Jay Briscoe who's back tag teaming with Mark. Besides the Briscoes it's Bully, The Kingdom, Silas Young, Kenny King, and Shane Taylor

Babyfaces they have Lethal, Cobb, Flip, Marty,
Spoiler: show
PCO
Brody King
, Dalton, Sabin, Gresham, Colt, Isom, and Best Friends.

Nick Aldis if they use him regularly would be a good one to fall on the heel side. Kayfabe personality is douchey but he does things honorably which would make him more of a babyface though.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:46 pmIt's a solid roster of guys with a huge chunk of talent and who work very hard. It's the booker I lack faith in.
I can understand that and I have issues with the booking in general, but and I'm having too look past quite a bit here,

Has the booking in the end done what it needed to do, I think King, Castle, Taven and Flip have been elevated to the points they needed to be, Cobb has come in done what he should have done, they've Kept Silas as a Solid mid carder yet were able to move him up for a little while and I think did it sensibly, Gresham has had a break out year (more so than anytime in his career and I think ROH has had a hand in that) despite a slow start but maybe that was the plan, he should be pushed strongly next year, I can see a singles or tag team title run next year with Lethal, if ROH isn't looking at Brookes.
Up until the shit with Helms I thought Marty had a strong year and it looks like he will rebound with Villian Enterprises and the World title shot. Eli Isom looks to be looking towards a healthy 2019 which would be hugley important.
Zack immediately was used in the right way, a complete dick heel that's better than everyone else. There are ones that have had a pretty bad couple of years booking wise, but i think we have turned a corner with both Best Freinds and Taylor, plus we wont have to worry about Cheeseburger or Will Ferrara main eventing TV, I we can move on from using the likes of Milonas etc, and using the likes of Tracy Williams ROH will be better off from the start

I do feel the main problems have been the length of stories, use of interferance, ref bumps in matches etc, and using certain characters/wrestlers in those positions. Cut that out or at least down in those areas and I feel people will generally have a better feeling towards booking. Judging by what happened at TV we may see a stronger use of rules to matches, to DQ someone during the match for pushing hasn't been done in a long time.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:48 pm It was a ridiculously stupid move to allow MLW to move in on top CMLL talent like that in the first place. I don't know what the terms of their appearances with MLW are, but ROH should try to lock them down to US exclusivity as soon as possible.
MLW doesn't talk with CMLL Office, they just pay the talent. ROH has to deal with the office first.