ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Big Red Machine »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:54 pm
kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:50 pm I'll third the please no Swagger movement. He was a guy who desperately needed a reset and instead uses the exact same moveset on indies and Lucha Underground. Even being presented so much better on Lucha Underground and MLW but it's just the same boring guy.

I haven't watched the last two episodes of Lucha Underground yet but I dread the ending after hearing how it ends.
Really?
I found it to be a refreshing return to the stuff LU did that most interested me.
I just have a hard time getting into Swagger with the same moves I never liked in WWE, I will admit the character is more interesting. Again, not having seen the last two episodes so I can't fully judge his story yet. If/when there is a season 5 maybe he will grow on me some if I get more into his story.
You should definitely watch the last two episodes. A lot of stuff happens, and that's all I'l say to avoid spoilers.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

rovert1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:55 pm

There's paranoia in the MLW camp that ROH might have signed some of their talent to ditch their own show tomorrow and to show up to Final Battle.
I REALLY hope ROH ins't lowering themselves to engaging in XPW-level bullsh*t.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Happy that the talent didn't except the offer if there actually was a real offer, though considering Court is only a step away from Gabe it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't any offers.

If more talent is coming in they can just come in at a later date.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:55 am I guess court posted about roh tried to sign two of their talent but they declined I wonder who was contact by roh and accepted their offer
A wrestler friend of mine who talks to everybody says he heard one was Low Ki. The MLW Champion.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I wish companies would all work together Instead of trying to sabotage each other shows. There are so much talent out there that isn't signed that are really great.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

low ki? wow.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:37 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:55 am I guess court posted about roh tried to sign two of their talent but they declined I wonder who was contact by roh and accepted their offer
A wrestler friend of mine who talks to everybody says he heard one was Low Ki. The MLW Champion.
That is an insane move on all levels and kind of happy it didn't work out for a variety of reasons, Isn't Ki also in a creative possition in MLW, I couldn't see him leaving, he's in his ideal possition.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Not accurate one bit. Move on.
Captain Podcast
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

So ROH are resorting to the same type of tactics that they always complain about WWE using against them? You got what Court tweeted out today and also the deal where PCO is not finishing out his indie commitments.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I'd say the second one was Strickland. ROH has been interested in him for a long time.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 am
Great post dude.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:32 am I'd say the second one was Strickland. ROH has been interested in him for a long time.
Shane is very much WWE bound. Like with WWE I don't think Shane can sign with ROH until his Lucha Underground deal expires.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:47 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:43 am

Great post dude.
I was gonna say, I saw you post elsewhere and say Low Ki was one of them.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

You think sinclair is getting more involved that is why their using tactics used by wwe
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:57 am You think sinclair is getting more involved that is why their using tactics used by wwe
Nah everyone does it to some degree.

With technology with it is very hard to be ignorant of people's details. Everyone is interconnected.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

When I first heard I thought there was a chance Court is making it up to draw attention since he is running a live televised show against Final Battle. Court does have a history of taking shots at ROH ever since they parted ways. Do you think my theory has any merit with the informantion you have heard so far?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

This rovert guy has a wild history, ask him about sending amazon wish list gifts to female wrestlers for info. Ki was not one of the names contacted. Had ROH had any interest he'd have been reached out to long time ago. I know one name contacted, it never went anywhere aside from trying to book them for the Philly taping. Tonight's show was pretty much set in stone as of late last week.
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Nick Miller/Mikey Nicholls released from WWE today, say Shane Thorne/Haste follows would like to see ROH bring in TMDK for some shots.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dhads7161 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:51 pm Nick Miller/Mikey Nicholls released from WWE today, say Shane Thorne/Haste follows would like to see ROH bring in TMDK for some shots.
wwe have plans for thorne as a singles wrestler.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

What upsets me the elite used roh and roh money to promote their test run for aew and their just not leaving after using everything they can from Roh they convinced talent not to renew their contracts so they could go to their promotion instead after this weekend I would be completely done with the elite