ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by dhads7161 »

I'd rather see Storm as the cultist from when he had the Revolution. Either with Milwaukee's worst or with the Briscoes as a violent redneck trio.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Storm, yes, if only as short-term. Singles against Jay Lethal, tagging with Silas against the Young Bucks.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Wilson wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:37 am Storm, yes, if only as short-term. Singles against Jay Lethal, tagging with Silas against the Young Bucks.
I was just thinking from the Philly TV tapings to Supercard of Honor. Silas and the Beer City Bruiser finally found a third man and go on a winning streak in 6 man matches and they end up winning the six man championships at the Anniversary show before losing them at SuperCard of Honor. Silas and Bruiser after the match then blame Storm for the loss and beat him up sending him out of the company.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I would be more inclined to agree if we just didn't have that black hole Bully/Briscoes program. The whole promotion already skews so much more older that I feel it's best to just have him independent of any programs, and to promote him in co-main event marquee matches.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I think bringing in a guy like James Storm only to stick him in a trio of any kind- especially with Silas & BCB would be a huge waste.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Last night on Wrestling Observer Radio, it was reported that Lucha Underground will be offering a way out of the company for unhappy talent.

Throughout 2017, popular junior heavyweight, Ricochet, has expressed unhappiness with the limitations his Lucha Underground contract places on him. While Ricochet is now contractually free of LU, according to the Observer at least a few currently contracted LU talents feel the same as Ricochet did.

The report continued to say LU is now offering any unhappy talents a release from their contract provided they come back to the show in order to be written off, drop titles, or otherwise film an explanation for their departure.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't see why they would want to leave after they relaxed their TV exclusivity. I remember reading recently that LU is now open to their talent appearing for Impact, ROH, NJPW, and NOAH TV and PPVs.

Of course, they could still just want to be free agents entirely. But if they're not keeping you off ROH/Impact/NJPW/NOAH, LU seems like a pretty sweet gig. High pay for a very concentrated taping schedule and then the rest of the year to do whatever.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

So if Eddie Edwards doesn't resign with Impact in February or whenever his contract is up, with the relationship between NOAH and New Japan and Impact's working relationship with NOAH and ROH's working relationship with NEW Japan if Eddie returns to ROH would he drop the GHC Heavyweight Championship before coming to ROH?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

WebConn wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:17 pm So if Eddie Edwards doesn't resign with Impact in February or whenever his contract is up, with the relationship between NOAH and New Japan and Impact's working relationship with NOAH and ROH's working relationship with NEW Japan if Eddie returns to ROH would he drop the GHC Heavyweight Championship before coming to ROH?
If it was a month or 2 ago I'd say yes. Today, I don't know. The answer to this question comes from answers to far larger questions about working agreements. It's no longer impossible to believe that all 4 companies mentioned could start sharing talent at least on a limited basis.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

How pissed would people be if Eddie Edwards and Cody went an hour?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WebConn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:26 am How pissed would people be if Eddie Edwards and Cody went an hour?
Certainly they could have a pace as scintillating from start to finish as Okada and Omega.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Katsuya Kitamura said last night he plans to go on excursion to America in 2018, continue to evolve and improve as a super heavyweight

kitamura to roh next year? damn.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:41 pm Katsuya Kitamura said last night he plans to go on excursion to America in 2018, continue to evolve and improve as a super heavyweight

kitamura to roh next year? damn.
Bring Oka over as well. We need dem big boys.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

MONSTER RAGE FOR TAG CHAMPS
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Times like this make me wish Rhino weren't banished to WWE Main Event. I would pay good money for Rhino vs Kitamura.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:07 am Times like this make me wish Rhino weren't banished to WWE Main Event. I would pay good money for Rhino vs Kitamura.
This.

Or Rhyno vs. Silas Young while we're at it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm also still waiting for my Blue World Order Six Man Tag Title reign. Stevie and Meanie are pretty much the same guys there were back then. Dunno about Nova but nobody really cared about him anyway.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

The LA dojo opens in early 2018. Those on learning excursion and others will be on another Coast rather than staying with Sumie Sakai. That changes the dynamic a bit. ROH is a partner with New Japan so they will most likely do right by them but they still will be a flight now for most ROH dates.

Obviously, it has a benefit cost wise for those flying to and from Japan. But while California has PWG and Bar Wrestling elsewhere it has largely a pretty shitty/unimpressive reputation for respectable indie companies. Whether those on learning excursion get the experience the need will be an interesting question. The LA dojo seems like they will run their own shows so that may make up in the shortfall moving East to West Coast.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

rovert1 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 pm The LA dojo opens in early 2018. Those on learning excursion and others will be on another Coast rather than staying with Sumie Sakai. That changes the dynamic a bit. ROH is a partner with New Japan so they will most likely do right by them but they still will be a flight now for most ROH dates.

Obviously, it has a benefit cost wise for those flying to and from Japan. But while California has PWG and Bar Wrestling elsewhere it has largely a pretty shitty/unimpressive reputation for respectable indie companies. Whether those on learning excursion get the experience the need will be an interesting question. The LA dojo seems like they will run their own shows so that may make up in the shortfall moving East to West Coast.
I see that Impact is bringing in Bill Behrens and continuing to try to re-establish good working terms with NJPW and ROH. I don't believe it is likely due to the whole AAA/CMLL thing among other reasons, but I was wondering if you'd actually heard anything one way or another.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

eddie edwards lost ghc tittle..

wwe or roh bound?