ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 pm jeff cobb hands down...

lucha brothers vs young bucks in roh: fire

but remember roh have a partnership with cmll so...
CMLL now have a good relationship with The Crash.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

but cmll competition is aaa..i am wrong?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Why can't Cobb wrestle as himself? He isn't Jeff Cobb in LU.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:36 pm but cmll competition is aaa..i am wrong?
Yes, but Penta or Fénix arent working for AAA. With the rest of the talent, we'll have to wait and see where these contracts go.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am who cares about that guy?
Better performer than about 90% of the current roster, but no shock you have no respect for the EXCELSIOR OF ELOCUTION.

Seriously, throw this guy as a manager for a goofball heel like Ferrara or whoever else who can't talk, that would work just fine.
Totally agree with this. The Styles/Ambrose/Ellsworth triangle was entertaining.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so you guys want Ellsworth im roh...when some of you complain about roh "bad quaility"....ok.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm so you guys want Ellsworth im roh...when some of you complain about roh "bad quaility"....ok.
We (well, at least myself) are joking :lol:
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I just can't believe it's Thelone advocating for Ellsworth.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Advocating is a strong word, it's not like I'm all "SIGN THIS GUY OR ROH IS COMPLETELY RETARDED" and I certainly won't lose any sleep if Ellsworth never appears on ROH programming, but there could be a spot for him as a smarmy undercard heel manager. I mean, I'll take him over Nana never-ending envelope giving... whatever that is at this point.

Have him act like a big shot because of his WWE run and be the mouthpiece for a young upstart who might not be the greatest on the mic.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I agree... i don't need ellsworth, but wouldn't mind if he's around as he could bring more entertainment to the product. Maybe in a Women of Honor roll. Think that gimmick still had some life to it. I wonder how hornswoggle got like 7 years or something.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

The thing I liked about Ellsworth was his interaction with Styles and Ambrose. Moreso Styles because he just looked like he wanted to kill Ellsworth. As Thelone said, bring him in as a mouthpiece or go with this angle: Ellsworth comes in with a "I am hot shit" attitude and have someone like Lethal be hell-bent on wanting to kill him. Ellsworth has some value as a guy who the fans want dead and it wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a short run.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

If they want to use Ellsworth I'd find it entertaining if he came in and tried to act like a pretentious dick because he has victories over the likes of AJ Styles (he does) only to be stomped out by someone like Dalton or even Bullet Club. But as a recurring character? Nah. I'm alright. If you only have so many spots on the roster use them for other guys.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Even though he was at the last PPV, Jimmy Jacobs likely won’t be at Final Battle since he’s working an indie show that night in Connecticut. I guess it’s not impossible travel wise, but one would think if he was going to have something to do with the show he wouldn’t book an indie date
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I cannot believe people are advocating for James Ellsworth in ROH, even in a joking manner.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:21 am I cannot believe people are advocating for James Ellsworth in ROH, even in a joking manner.
100% agree. I get that being a wrestling fan in 2017 involves some level of ironic appreciation of the wrestlecrap parts of the business (apparently we like screwy finishes and run ins now as long as they are done by guys wearing a Bullet Club shirt?) But Ellsworth would be too much, even as a one off like Johnny Fairplay (whose booking I also hated, for the record).
Big Red Machine

maxx_powerz wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:31 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:21 am I cannot believe people are advocating for James Ellsworth in ROH, even in a joking manner.
100% agree. I get that being a wrestling fan in 2017 involves some level of ironic appreciation of the wrestlecrap parts of the business (apparently we like screwy finishes and run ins now as long as they are done by guys wearing a Bullet Club shirt?) But Ellsworth would be too much, even as a one off like Johnny Fairplay (whose booking I also hated, for the record).
I was kind of hoping that the finish of the women's MITB finish would kind of pull people away from this sort of thing, but apparently not.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Anyone think James Storm shows up in ROH? Even for a little bit. I think he ends up in Lucha Underground but I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in ROH for a brief period before filming for Season 4 begins.
Big Red Machine

WebConn wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:57 am Anyone think James Storm shows up in ROH? Even for a little bit. I think he ends up in Lucha Underground but I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in ROH for a brief period before filming for Season 4 begins.
I think it makes a lot of sense, especially with the Nashville taping coming up.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Have storm show up at Final Battle and use him until SuperCard of Honor.

Just spit balling but Storm could show up at Final Battle or maybe the TV Tapings in Philly the next night and be introduced as the missing third piece to Silas and the Bruisers team, ascending the the 6 man championship ranks in the upcoming months and at the Anniversary show beat the Bullet Club for the Championship. Then come Supercard of Honor have Flip and Coast to Coast beat them for the Championship and after the match I pissed off Silas and Bruiser attack Storm and that's the end of James Storm in ROH.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'd love to have Storm in ROH, even full time. I think he's all around fantastic. He'd be a perfect third man for Silas and Bruiser, or you could have him feud with Jay Briscoe. The promos would be epic.

Or, we all know he's a fantastic tag team wrestler. You could bring him in as a tag partner for Lethal, who needs the ROH World Tag Team Championship to become the first ROH Grand Slam winner.

I could see him going to WWE as well. He'd be a natural tag partner and/or feud for Roode, provided they don't keep him in NXT until he's 96 years old. He and Roode aren't actually close friends (they get along but don't really hang out) but they're magic together and everybody knows it.