ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WebConn

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by WebConn »

This board sucks.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Not as badly as whatever wrestlers you like that I don't also like.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

WebConn wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:37 pm This board sucks.
Why?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:26 am I don't even know who the Carnies are but Reno Scum sucks.

I'd like to see the Whirlwind Gentlemen get a shot.
I'd also like to see the Whirlwind Gentlemen. I've enjoyed the little that I have seen of them.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WWE has released Emma, Summer Rae, and Darren Young.

Not sure about the others but I like what I've seen of Emma's ring work. I'd imagine she'll be on Impact's radar.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

They all suck, suck, suck, suck.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

emma is a good wrestler
summer have a good future outside wrestling
young....eh,um, idk.

neville the next release?
gallows & anderson?

mmm
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They will probably make those guys just wait their contracts out. I don't see them releasing people that have a lot of value to Bullet Club/NJPW/ROH.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Emma vs. Deonna please.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I could see them releasing Neville soon since his whole thing has died down quite a bit.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 am They will probably make those guys just wait their contracts out. I don't see them releasing people that have a lot of value to Bullet Club/NJPW/ROH.
What is going on with Anderson and Gallows?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:58 am
famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:36 am They will probably make those guys just wait their contracts out. I don't see them releasing people that have a lot of value to Bullet Club/NJPW/ROH.
What is going on with Anderson and Gallows?
wasted in wwe
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Emma I'd rather not see signed as this women's division has had zero progress. I'm convinced now that all the Women of Honor "division" is is a way to justify keeping Delirious's and BJ's old ladies around.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 am Emma I'd rather not see signed as this women's division has had zero progress. I'm convinced now that all the Women of Honor "division" is is a way to justify keeping Delirious's and BJ's old ladies around.
Deonna Purrazzo, Kelly Klein, Sumie Sakai, Britt Baker, and Karen Q can all wrestle. 2-3 more and they've got themselves a division. I'd use people like Jenny Rose, Mandy Leon, and Brandi Rhodes as jobbers.

I wish they'd bring back Taeler Hendrix too.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:04 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 am Emma I'd rather not see signed as this women's division has had zero progress. I'm convinced now that all the Women of Honor "division" is is a way to justify keeping Delirious's and BJ's old ladies around.
Deonna Purrazzo, Kelly Klein, Sumie Sakai, Britt Baker, and Karen Q can all wrestle. 2-3 more and they've got themselves a division. I'd use people like Jenny Rose, Mandy Leon, and Brandi Rhodes as jobbers.

I wish they'd bring back Taeler Hendrix too.
But even so, the real problem is that the division has made no progress whatsoever. Nothing has happened- or at least not anything that has been important enough to mention on ROH TV, non-televised shows, or on the website as a big news item.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They just put their first ever WOH matches on the main cards at Global Wars. That's a small step. It's not going to really get going until they start signing these women to exclusive deals. That's when they can finally introduce a championship and start to do more long term storylines.

It's frustrating but that's no reason to actively root against progress. Bringing in a name wrestler who can actually go in the ring can only be looked at as a good thing.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Emma is good. They could definitely use her. No doubt she'll be everywhere. I imagine Impact will be trying to get her, but if she works the indies, ROH should bring her in. She'd be a good boost.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Rockstar Spud has been released by Impact.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Spud as Punishment Martinez's mouthpiece
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:28 pm They just put their first ever WOH matches on the main cards at Global Wars. That's a small step. It's not going to really get going until they start signing these women to exclusive deals. That's when they can finally introduce a championship and start to do more long term storylines.

It's frustrating but that's no reason to actively root against progress. Bringing in a name wrestler who can actually go in the ring can only be looked at as a good thing.
But this all should have happened at some point in the past two years, and there is literally zero reason why it hasn't happened until now, especially when they would try to do WOH angles on main cards without ever explaining to the fans what had happened.

I also don't think that you need need the women under exclusive contracts. You just need them to commit to however many dates it takes to tell whatever story you are trying to tell with them. That's how things worked all the way up until 2014 or so. Sure, don't make very long-term or intricate plans for someone who isn't willing to sign an exclusive deal, but as long as you have them signed for specific dates, there is no reason you shouldn't be tying to tell a story with them.
This goes for the men, too, by the way. Guys like Shayne Taylor, Burger, Rhett, Ferrara, and the Bruiser don't need to be under exclusive contracts in order for you to use them and even tell stories with them. Save yourself some money and make your shows better by not bringing them to every show and hurting the shows by clogging up the card with them, and give them the freedom to work elsewhere when they want.