ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Brada »

I don't hate him at all. Just not a PWG, or ROH type fit in my opinion. I could definitely see him in Orlando though...
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I have always had a bad taste in my mouth for Swagger. Vince putting the title on him way too soon. A win over Danielson during the "Let's do whatever we can to squash Daniel Bryan momentum". Yeah, its not Swagger's decision, but he is by proxy the victim of my venom. I suppose I would be willing to give him another chance, but somewhere more objectively for my wrestling taste. TNA.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

In the time that I watched WWE, he never once stood out to me as someone great. The matches with Rusev stunk, the matches with Del Rio stunk, and I can't remember one match of his I ever thought was good. And he became nothing more than a shitty Kurt Angle rip off after a while. Dude has a legit background, that's cool. But that always doesn't translate well like it did for Angle, Brock and Riddle. I just hope he goes off to TNA so he can have more lousy matches with Del Rio so I never have to see him.
rovert

Post by rovert »

King of Indy Style wrote:In the time that I watched WWE, he never once stood out to me as someone great. The matches with Rusev stunk
Wait what? Those were universally praised. Especially the initial ones. Wrestled in front of insane crowd heat.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ROH posted an article about Taven's work in CMLL last week:
The Kingdom’s Matt Taven traveled to Mexico and returned to CMLL in a bout against the legendary Ultimo Guerrero for the NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship on Friday March 17. With a lot on Taven’s mind following the injury to his Kingdom mate TK O’Ryan, Taven dropped the first of three falls to Guerrero before winning fall two. With the championship in the balance and the match tied at one fall apiece, Taven ultimately fell short but leaves Mexico having impressed the CMLL faithful, hitting his frog splash and other impressive maneuvers.

Speculation is abound that Taven will seek at least a temporary replacement for O’Ryan in the Kingdom. While in Mexico, Taven was seconded by CMLL star Marco Corleone. ROHWrestling.com attempted to reach Taven for comment on the two’s association but were told to “get lost, Melvins.”
It would be cool to see a young CMLL guy working on a regular basis in ROH!
King of Indy Style

It would, but it'd be a mistake to put them with boring suck ass Kingdom.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Marco Corleone to roh!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Mark Jindrak can stay as far away from ROH as they can keep him. His shtick is good because it's in Mexico, he's still an above average wrestler.

Jack Swagger is awesome. Dude is a hoss. He is built for a place like ROH.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

ROHWrestling.com attempted to reach Taven for comment on the two’s association but were told to “get lost, Melvins.”
That made me laugh a lot harder than it should have.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"Sonjay Dutt is back on board full-time with Impact Wrestling as a Producer and part of Jeff Jarrett's inner circle. Dutt had several tryouts with WWE as a Producer and Guest Coach at the WWE Performance Center in recent months and also had an offer on the table from Ring of Honor as a wrestler. While Dutt was offered a full-time WWE job, we are told that at the end of the day, it would have required him to uproot his family and move them to Florida and Dutt eventually decided to turn that down"
Brada

Post by Brada »

Sonjay Dutt didn't have much of a personality to me. It was really tough to invest into him from my point of view. Decent hand in the ring, but not much more from what I could see.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

yesssssssssssssssssss

Jonathan Gresham has accomplished more before the age of 30 than most achieve in their career. The Atlanta, GA native first appeared on Ring of Honor Wrestling in the 2011 Top Prospect Tournament and since then has wrestled in 12 countries in four continents, proving to be one of the premier technical wrestlers in the world.

It is with great excitement that Ring of Honor Wrestling announces that Jonathan Gresham has officially signed a full-time contract and will be in action in Baltimore this Saturday, April 8!

Gresham has competed in ROH on a freelance basis, picking up wins in singles and tag team competition in between his extensive international travel schedule. With a repitoire of hundreds of submission moves, including his patented Octopus Stretch, Gresham has the ability to defeat opponents of any size or experience level.

At age 29 with a decade of experience under his belt, Gresham is already one of the planet's best grapplers with even greater potential. Gresham has impressed ROH fans so much in his appearances that he has been one of the most in-demand stars for fans of the Best Wrestling on the Planet. Come see Gresham compete LIVE this Saturday in Baltimore!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

YESSSSSSSS FINALLY!! Finally ROH signs a great wrestler. If you haven't seen him outside ROH, go and check his work in Beyond last Year. Such a great addition to the roster.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

How many contracted workers does that make now
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Awesome news! Gresham is phenomenal in the ring and a fantastic storyteller.
King of Indy Style

Good for Gresham. Was always entertained whenever he stepped into the ring.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I am blown away Wilson hasn't commented on the Gresham signing yet. Maybe the dream was better than reality.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Shit they might as well push Gresham to the damn moon now.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I am blown away Wilson hasn't commented on the Gresham signing yet. Maybe the dream was better than reality.
I’m really, really happy for Jonathan Gresham. For both parties, I think this is an extremely good fit, especially as Gresham counters Evolve’s high-workrate roster. Perhaps one of the benefits of ROH being reluctant to book him is that he hasn’t been completely decredentialized by underwhelming booking like Page, ACH, Cedric, or Young. I hope he is thrust into a title picture rather quickly.

However, it is disgusting that it took ROH eighteen months of overachieving performances, the leaving of ten or more roster members, upcoming contract expirations, and Evolve’s sudden roster fortification to sign someone as good as Gresham; the reality that it took ROH all to sign him is indeed a bit grim.
JTCole wrote:Shit they might as well push Gresham to the damn moon now.
. . . Though I would take back every misgiving toward the company if they book a non-sequitur Daniels vs. Gresham World Title feud.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Seriously how many guys do ROH have locked long term. It's got to be scarily small.