ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

SweetDaddy wrote:Dijak's nothing special and there's never been a period in wrestling that he would have been.

The fact that we care shows how far ROH's roster has fallen.
Yeah, I agree with this. I won't miss Dijak.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

If you prefer bigger guys as wrestlers that's fine but I don't see why one view of masculinity has to be the norm.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Fuck yes! I get to see Elgin at EVOLVE!!! I am still a fan of #BigMike and have become an even bigger one since he left ROH full time last year. Sucks to see Dijak leave just for the fact that I'm really digging Shelley's new Generation Next. But it really isn't for sure he's actually leaving though, EVOLVE is on Thursday and Friday. If he ends up booked for Best of the Best or Mercury Rising then I could see eyebrows being raised here. Remember Lio Rush works EVOLVE too and there haven't been issues using him.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Gabe Spolsky hiring a lot of people:

Keith Lee, Donovan Dijak, Michael Elgin, ACH, Jason Kincaid, Austin Theory, Darby Allin.

Using people like Callihan, AR Fox Oi4K, Antonhy Henry or Dezmond Xavier.his roster is full of young talent like Yehi, Williams or Riddle.

And ROH... Yeah, roster is fine, but there's no young good talent. Just Castle, Lio Rush (he isn't under contract), Ospreay/Scurll (one year deals) and TK O'Ryan. When will ROH start hiring young talent?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AlexROH wrote:Gabe Spolsky hiring a lot of people:

Keith Lee, Donovan Dijak, Michael Elgin, ACH, Jason Kincaid, Austin Theory, Darby Allin.

Using people like Callihan, AR Fox Oi4K, Antonhy Henry or Dezmond Xavier.his roster is full of young talent like Yehi, Williams or Riddle.

And ROH... Yeah, roster is fine, but there's no young good talent. Just Castle, Lio Rush (he isn't under contract), Ospreay/Scurll (one year deals) and TK O'Ryan. When will ROH start hiring young talent?
What are you considering young? 30 and below? Because Dalton is 30. Guys in their 20s are Rush, Ospreay, Scurll, O'Ryan, Dijak, Cole, Cheeseburger, Ferrara, Rhett, Nick Jackson, Gresham, and Page.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think there is enough talent out there to make a better impact or at least be put in a direction that makes sense than the guys that are leaving. Personally I think having Scurll in ROH is more important and better for the product than Dijak, I like Dijak and think he has a huge upside but his promo's and general feel within matches never seem to fulfill what I expect. With Scurll you have immediately got it all and it set's him up for so much creatively whatever the booking.

Rush has all the talent in the world and I still hold out hope that he will sign but considering his recent comments about him not being in Japan etc probably shows that isn't happening, but apart from a TV champ is he really going to achieve anything more as he just doesn't that "IT" factor to make it as the top guy in ROH despite whatever he has shown in CZW, there will always be a difference.

Lee is probably the loss that I was most annoyed about, he has all the factors to really make something in wrestling but I Imagine he has his goals set very high and I doubt ROH is going to give him the main event straight away but Evolve will and with their "ties" with WWE it was always going to be a better option. I think one that I would love to see in ROH would certainly be Desmond Xavier that guy has a huge amount of talent and could really go far.

I think ROH is certainly in need of some fresh blood whoever is leaving and maybe it might better for the product because the new guys will have something that ROH can build more from.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I still think Lio is evolving as a talent. He has so much ability and creativity from an athletic standpoint. I like his character in CZW, and would be a great idea to find a way to introduce that in ROH, but as a face.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Brada wrote:I still think Lio is evolving as a talent. He has so much ability and creativity from an athletic standpoint. I like his character in CZW, and would be a great idea to find a way to introduce that in ROH, but as a face.

I think at Rush is gone after March . He is in CZW 's Best of the Best during Wrestlemania weekend. Gabe going to turn him into a WWE Supersta .r
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Fair question to all . Could Dijak 's departure be an angle ? Could Elgin 's social media attacks on ROH be an angle ? Check out Dijak's statement about ROH . Also Elgin is still under contract to NJPW , it seems that NJPW would control or have influence over his bookings since they are providing him with a paycheck . May be or May be not ? I would be really great if one or two of these guys were working everyone.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Memphis Mark wrote:Fair question to all . Could Dijak 's departure be an angle ? Could Elgin 's social media attacks on ROH be an angle ? Check out Dijak's statement about ROH . Also Elgin is still under contract to NJPW , it seems that NJPW would control or have influence over his bookings since they are providing him with a paycheck . May be or May be not ? I would be really great if one or two of these guys were working everyone.
I think Dijak has the same sticking point as O'Reilly that for a certain period of time where he cannot slander the company after his contract ends. Other people might have more knowledge of this. As far as Elgin, he wasn't under contract with ROH and I could give two fucks what comes out of his mouth anyway.
stevenkmason

Post by stevenkmason »

Memphis Mark wrote:
Brada wrote:I still think Lio is evolving as a talent. He has so much ability and creativity from an athletic standpoint. I like his character in CZW, and would be a great idea to find a way to introduce that in ROH, but as a face.

I think at Rush is gone after March . He is in CZW 's Best of the Best during Wrestlemania weekend. Gabe going to turn him into a WWE Superstar.
Lio Rush is legitimately maybe 5'2" without boots on. There's no chance of him becoming a 'WWE Superstar'. His ceiling would be 205 Live midcarder.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brada

Post by Brada »

Great promo Dijak.
Brada

Post by Brada »

stevenkmason wrote:
Memphis Mark wrote:

I think at Rush is gone after March . He is in CZW 's Best of the Best during Wrestlemania weekend. Gabe going to turn him into a WWE Superstar.
Lio Rush is legitimately maybe 5'2" without boots on. There's no chance of him becoming a 'WWE Superstar'. His ceiling would be 205 Live midcarder.
Lio isn't 5'2. He could very well end up on 205 Live. The guy has a lot of talent.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Brada wrote:Great promo Dijak.
It's amazing how there are all of these guys who ROH has never let talk and yet once they actually do get to start cutting promos, it turns out that they're pretty darn good. I've said it before and I've said it again: the lack of promos in this company (especially on the undercard) is one of the biggest mistakes ROH has been making.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Oh look, using real life events to give some meaning and depth to a match, such a novel concept.
Big Red Machine wrote:It's amazing how there are all of these guys who ROH has never let talk and yet once they actually do get to start cutting promos, it turns out that they're pretty darn good. I've said it before and I've said it again: the lack of promos in this company (especially on the undercard) is one of the biggest mistakes ROH has been making.
That and overscripting like crazy.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote:Oh look, using real life events to give some meaning and depth to a match, such a novel concept.
Big Red Machine wrote:It's amazing how there are all of these guys who ROH has never let talk and yet once they actually do get to start cutting promos, it turns out that they're pretty darn good. I've said it before and I've said it again: the lack of promos in this company (especially on the undercard) is one of the biggest mistakes ROH has been making.
That and overscripting like crazy.
Who is being scripted? It certainly doesn't feel like anyone is.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Remember when Moose cut this horrendous first promo at BITW 2014, which was the most generic babyface shit you could possibly imagine ? They gave him about 46 different managers afterwards (including Hathaway who seems to be a billion times better in Evolve "somehow"), then TNA let him cut promos by himself and he was perfectly fine.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Thelone wrote:Remember when Moose cut this horrendous first promo at BITW 2014, which was the most generic babyface shit you could possibly imagine ? They gave him about 46 different managers afterwards (including Hathaway who seems to be a billion times better in Evolve "somehow"), then TNA let him cut promos by himself and he was perfectly fine.
Devil's Advocate - it's over two years later and he was starting from literally ground zero.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Thelone wrote:Remember when Moose cut this horrendous first promo at BITW 2014, which was the most generic babyface shit you could possibly imagine ? They gave him about 46 different managers afterwards (including Hathaway who seems to be a billion times better in Evolve "somehow"), then TNA let him cut promos by himself and he was perfectly fine.
I didn't like Stoke back in ROH and I still don't like it now in EVOLVE. I see the same guy. Btw, as FanSinceHDNet said, you can't compare the Moose of 2014 with the current Moose. Also, I see Moose as a average guy on the mic, I don't see that big change that you are talking about.