ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by monster mafia »

you right wilson,like the photo of wade barrett with prince nana last year

would be nice to see drew in roh anyway.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I would not be shocked if Galloway cane in for 4 to 6 shots . His buddy Alberto came in for a few in 15 . Could go either way .
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I tend to believe Galloway's still a good chance, since there's been no update on his TNA status
rovert

Post by rovert »

Wilson wrote:
monster mafia wrote:

oh shit.
I wouldn't look into it that much. Here's a random picture of him, Morrison, and Mysterio from a few hours earlier:

https://twitter.com/GallowaySpeaks/stat ... 5410677761
Yep. He's just angling for a pay increase from TNA.

Things might fall apart but what I said is the situation.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Even if he left TNA, I still can't see Galloway coming to ROH, since he's been with EVOLVE for so long (as they were the first promotion to really give him a big run after his WWE release).

Doesn't the issue surrounding Galloway potentially getting a new deal involve whether or not TNA has the ability to control his outside bookings (similar with The Hardys and their current situation)?
Brada

Post by Brada »

Evolve definitely had a strong hand in the reinvention of Drew Galloway. He has had some of his best work there.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

ROH could use Kenny Omega.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Unless he means something gets announced this month, can't see him working Pittsburgh or Columbus. He probably means the Honor Rising shows later this month in Japan.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Since so many are leaving, or might be leaving soon, it is clearly time to freshen up the ROH locker room. If I'm ROH, I make a play at some of the talent on Evolve shows that are most likely never going to realize their WWE dream. Guys like Ethan Page. Fred Yehi. Peter Kaasa. A.R. Fox (once LU contract out). Sami Callihan. These guys will probably never even make an NXT cut. ROH could clearly pay more. Open up the door to New Japan. That's five new faces that could all make a decent impact immediately. Sign up Gresham. Hell, bring in Andrew Everett.

I would toss Thatcher into that mix, because I really enjoy his work. But I know many do not. But his style will never be sports entertainment ready. Day after he drops that belt, put some money his way.

Evolve can't pay that much. Big draw is WWE connection. But I don't see these guys being WWE signings, so bring them in. Flip off a competitor for talent, and freshen up that locker room.
rovert

Post by rovert »

ROHfan2002 wrote:Since so many are leaving, or might be leaving soon, it is clearly time to freshen up the ROH locker room. If I'm ROH, I make a play at some of the talent on Evolve shows that are most likely never going to realize their WWE dream. Guys like Ethan Page. Fred Yehi. Peter Kaasa. A.R. Fox (once LU contract out). Sami Callihan. These guys will probably never even make an NXT cut. ROH could clearly pay more. Open up the door to New Japan. That's five new faces that could all make a decent impact immediately. Sign up Gresham. Hell, bring in Andrew Everett.

I would toss Thatcher into that mix, because I really enjoy his work. But I know many do not. But his style will never be sports entertainment ready. Day after he drops that belt, put some money his way.

Evolve can't pay that much. Big draw is WWE connection. But I don't see these guys being WWE signings, so bring them in. Flip off a competitor for talent, and freshen up that locker room.
Ethan Page is flat out not happening.

Suggestions for talent is kind of pointless where it comes to ROH. ROH has their own selection process and ROH would probably want some of those to do a paid tryout first.

People join EVOLVE/WWN as they are more open minded.
Last edited by rovert on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

rovert wrote:
ROHfan2002 wrote:Since so many are leaving, or might be leaving soon, it is clearly time to freshen up the ROH locker room. If I'm ROH, I make a play at some of the talent on Evolve shows that are most likely never going to realize their WWE dream. Guys like Ethan Page. Fred Yehi. Peter Kaasa. A.R. Fox (once LU contract out). Sami Callihan. These guys will probably never even make an NXT cut. ROH could clearly pay more. Open up the door to New Japan. That's five new faces that could all make a decent impact immediately. Sign up Gresham. Hell, bring in Andrew Everett.

Ethan Page is flat out not happening.

Suggestions for talent is kind of pointless where it comes to ROH. ROH has their own selection process and ROH would probably want some of those to do a paid tryout finish.

People join EVOLVE/WWN as they are more open minded.
Doesn't Page have heat with ROH?
Brada

Post by Brada »

I didn't realize Ethan Page had heat with the company. Too bad if that is true. I think he could be a great fit.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Brada wrote:I didn't realize Ethan Page had heat with the company. Too bad if that is true. I think he could be a great fit.
Page would be an excellent fit. As a character, he could easily be the guy to replace Cole. I do remember him trashing ROh a few years ago for something, but I don't remember what.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i believe the heat was because they stop booking monster mafia.

the dream of alexander and page was to be roh regulars.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:i believe the heat was because they stop booking monster mafia.

the dream of alexander and page was to be roh regulars.
That sounds familiar. Wasn't there something having to do with one of their visas?
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Unless it's with Josh Alexander in Monster Mafia, I have zero interest in Ethan Page. By himself I find him incredibly average.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:Unless it's with Josh Alexander in Monster Mafia, I have zero interest in Ethan Page. By himself I find him incredibly average.
This.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Dijak's nothing special and there's never been a period in wrestling that he would have been.

The fact that we care shows how far ROH's roster has fallen.