ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
jordidebaas

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by jordidebaas »

SweetDaddy wrote:Pentagon Jr. In ROH would be a game changer.

I'd have him break Kevin Kelly's arm the first show just to get him over as a heel.
That would do about as much to get him over as a heel as Steen's feud with Cornette did
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

If he were to come in, him taking out someone like Dalton Castle would make more sense. Castle's the only person who if he attacked I envision the crowd being pissed about.

That said, I've little optimism he'll work with ROH. It'd be awesome if he did but with Jarrett back in TNA, he and Konnan will work something out. If he starts working for CMLL there'll be a much bigger chance of it though so lets hope for that.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I would do the opposite with him.........if they really wanted to start him out with a bang...throw him in with Bullet Club.

Have Bullet Club in the middle of their typical gang style beat down of someone....lights go out.....when they come back on...who ever was getting beaten down is gone, and Pentagon is in the middle of the ring on one side, the entire BC on the other. Few second face off, Pentagon throws the hand up, gives them the Cero Miedo...BC charges him, and he mowes them down one by one, launching them all in the ring until he is left with Cole...Cole shoots him the bird and bails for some cheap heat....

Spend the next few months having Pentagon start with someone like Hangman Page. He goes through every BC member in matches, eventually leading to Cole.

There's your storyline, and you have an instant main event player in the mix....
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Not a bad idea, Brada. Slowly, one-by-one take out the Bullet Club.

Hell, they could have him face the Bucks in a handicap match and win, provided they aren't tag champs.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Love that idea Brada. Pentagon is one of the few who could get either as a evil heel or an asskicking face.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Pentagon Jr. has a great character, but I wouldn't like to see him in ROH. Maybe working 3-5 shows for some "dream matches" yeah, but as a main eventer? Hell no.
Brada

Post by Brada »

That could make it an even better angle. He periodically appears unannounced and just stomps bullet club asses when he does show up that leads to an eventual big match.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Brada wrote:That could make it an even better angle. He periodically appears unannounced and just stomps bullet club asses when he does show up that leads to an eventual big match.
Yes, that's something I'd like to see. But I don't think him as a permanent main eventer would be great for ROH. However, we are booking Pentagón Jr. when he's debut is almost impossible. The only mexican talent ROH is going to get must be under contract with CMLL. Pentagon, Fenix, Garza, Daga and Evans are now freelancers linked to Konnan's The Crush.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I'd rather see Pentagon Jr. regularly in ROH over some of these scrubs they're booking.

Don't get me wrong that the ROH/NJPW alliance is my favorite thing going but the only thing ROH has worth seeing anymore are Lethal, The Briscoes, Cody Rhodes,The Young Bucks, and Adam Cole.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I'd rather see Pentagon Jr. regularly in ROH over some of these scrubs they're booking.

Don't get me wrong that the ROH/NJPW alliance is my favorite thing going but the only thing ROH has worth seeing anymore are Lethal, The Briscoes, Cody Rhodes,The Young Bucks, and Adam Cole.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

SweetDaddy wrote:I'd rather see Pentagon Jr. regularly in ROH over some of these scrubs they're booking.

No love for Dalton Castle?
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Some love but not much.

I know Brent and Brandon Tate personally so that hurts my opinion of Castle somewhat.
Brada

Post by Brada »

No respect for Bobby Fish? Lio Rush? MCMG?

You are a tough man to please...lol.
stevenkmason

Post by stevenkmason »

I would throw an obscene amount of money at Pentagon to come to ROH. Both ideas posted - the BC angle or attacking Dalton gave me goosebumps. I would sign him to a 2 year deal and make him the guy.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Personally, I have never understood why someone hasnt taken a chance with throwing an established wrestler right into the main event scene from his first second in the promotion. Whether it be an indy, or WWE, it would be cool to see a guy make his debut being thrown right in at the top.

I realize the slow build is Cookie cutter booking 101, it would just be cool to see someone throw something out there like my suggestion with Pentagon and the Bullet Club.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brada wrote:Personally, I have never understood why someone hasnt taken a chance with throwing an established wrestler right into the main event scene from his first second in the promotion. Whether it be an indy, or WWE, it would be cool to see a guy make his debut being thrown right in at the top.

I realize the slow build is Cookie cutter booking 101, it would just be cool to see someone throw something out there like my suggestion with Pentagon and the Bullet Club.
well..they did that with scurll and ospreay.
Brada

Post by Brada »

somewhat, putting them in the TV title picture.

I'm talking World Title, main event, straight out of the gate.
Brada

Post by Brada »

doesn't work well for selling tickets from a marketing perspective....but could also go back to 80's style and do the champion vs mystery opponent main event.

Problem with that is in the social media frenzy now, it would be tough to hide said mystery opponent's identity...
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Lots of people would pay to see that with Pentagon Jr., though. That's the thing. One of the reasons he left AAA is because he was making lots of money in the US. That's because he's a draw.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Pentagon would work better if he were to be thrown straight into a World title picture than Ospreay or Scurll would have been, especially Ospreay as he's a multi-contracted talent whereas Scurll is solely ROH contracted. Scurll and Ospreay as good as they are don't come across as World title guys to me yet, they don't have that Adam Cole feel to them, they have an excitement to them and an intrigue, but not a guy you can carry your promotion on.