ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
leenie426

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by leenie426 »

christopherclinton55 wrote:I doubt that we will see ACH at final battle but a big Thank you NJPW for the ACH vs Jushin Liger
Liger vs Silas Young at Final Battle
Brada

Post by Brada »

wish they could have found a different match for Liger....hard to get fired up for that pairing for me....
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ospreay article on roh web.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/will-o ... eights-roh

"He captured the Progress Championship in July 2015 and successfully defended it until January, when he lost it to longtime rival Marty Scurll, who also just signed an exclusive contract with ROH."

"Ospreay is currently announced for appearances on ROH shows in Atlanta (Jan. 14th), Pittsburgh (Feb. 11th) and Baltimore (Feb. 12th), as well as the huge Supercard of Honor show in Lakeland, Fla., on April 1st.

He also is taking part in ROH’s upcoming “Reach for the Sky” U.K. tour, which kicks off in Liverpool on Nov. 18th, heads to Leicester on Nov. 19th and wraps up in London on Nov. 20th.

So buckle up, ROH fans. The next chapter in “The Aerial Assassin’s” career is ready for takeoff."
leenie426

Post by leenie426 »

Brada wrote:wish they could have found a different match for Liger....hard to get fired up for that pairing for me....
It's an odd pairing but Silas is really good, not that you'd really know from much of his rough stuff. Look up some of his pre ROH matches with Elgin or his current stuff is AAW. I have a feeling he's not a guy that Joe Koff see's as a star so you won't get much more from him then what we see, but then again Koff thought Haas & Benjamin were the backbone of ROH when he bought the company because he knew they were WWE guys.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

leenie426 wrote:
christopherclinton55 wrote:I doubt that we will see ACH at final battle but a big Thank you NJPW for the ACH vs Jushin Liger
Liger vs Silas Young at Final Battle
I know I was referring to the jr tag match between liger and Titan vs ishimori and ACH I was happy to see that before he left
Brada

Post by Brada »

I'm very familiar with Silas....and you are right, he is good. I just like him when he is paired with a more physical style, like a Shibata....which was a damn good match.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH, Now it's official, we are getting Ospreay and Marty as regulars. Fuck ACH :lol: :lol:
christopherclinton55

AlexROH wrote:YEAAAAAAAAAAAH, Now it's official, we are getting Ospreay and Marty as regulars. Fuck ACH :lol: :lol:
Yes Marty as for ospreay meh he like a less charismatic ACH without the Awesome guile kick
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

christopherclinton55 wrote:
Yes Marty as for ospreay meh he like a less charismatic ACH without the Awesome guile kick
I'm actually the opposite. I just cant' seem to get into Marty despite the pushes he gets, but am more into Ospreay than I would have thought looking at him on paper. I like Marty's look, but in-ring wise there's nothing that really grabs me when he wrestles.
christopherclinton55

DBSommer wrote:
christopherclinton55 wrote:
I'm actually the opposite. I just cant' seem to get into Marty despite the pushes he gets, but am more into Ospreay than I would have thought looking at him on paper. I like Marty's look, but in-ring wise there's nothing that really grabs me when he wrestles.
I understand sometimes when he wrestle the intensity seems like it isn't there
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Now hopefully those two are put into the main event scene right away, ROH needs some more credible main eventers right now. There are not many more talented than these two studs!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Joey Styles is free again and the web site still needs a fuck ton of work.

Before pinpointing why he's available again, remember that SBG has a reputation for being politically conservative.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

supersonic wrote:Joey Styles is free again and the web site still needs a fuck ton of work.

Before pinpointing why he's available again, remember that SBG has a reputation for being politically conservative.

I love Joey Styles. Maybe it because we are both politically conservative.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Go get Joey Styles.

Somebody should. He'd be a vast improvement over Kelly/Corino and a MASSIVE improvement over Pope+Mathews at TNA.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

famicommander wrote:Go get Joey Styles.

Somebody should. He'd be a vast improvement over Kelly/Corino and a MASSIVE improvement over Pope+Mathews at TNA.
His stuff before the "joke" was... well... worn if not bad. I respectfully disagree.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

supersonic wrote:Joey Styles is free again and the web site still needs a fuck ton of work.

There is a difference between being conservative, what he said, and...

https://twitter.com/BookItGabe/status/7 ... 6972227585

He had returned to calling wrestling for how long and goes for that? That's an interesting blend of chutspah and something else.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

He'd be an awesome addition to Final Battle. Joey Styles calling it instead of Kelly. Unfortunately though Styles is probably only going to do big indy shows like HOH and others here and there don't see him ever being anyone's regular commentator ever again.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Memphis Mark wrote:

I love Joey Styles. Maybe it because we are both politically conservative.
https://twitter.com/tomblargh/status/797848667868823552
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wether or not he can help with the website or other areas ROH taking on Styles now would just be shaming, what he said has no business in the world today and it was more archaic and misogynistic than some of the shit Corino comes out with. Not only that but he just isn't good enough anymore and it seems he will happily go out on his own and that shouldn't happen at any company including an Indy fed.

Please stay well clear.