ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
HonorLives

Re: ALL PURPOSE NEW TALENT/SPECIAL ATTRACTION THREAD

Post by HonorLives »

Big Red Machine wrote:
HonorLives wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Urg, I hope they stay away from booking all those WWE names just because of their names. Barrett is atrocious and should never be in an ROH ring.
This
Really? I always thought he was pretty good (not, like, so good they should use him no matter what, but still good), and he's a pretty great promo.
Good look, pretty good promo but I think he's pretty horrible in the ring. Sure, people like O'Reilly would make them look very good, but he would charge a pretty good amount of money and I don't think he's worth it. I'd use them to sign Cody, for instance (even though I read he had a mediocre match with motherfucking Sabre Jr. but I don't know for sure because I don't watch EVOLVE).
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

HonorLives wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
HonorLives wrote: This
Really? I always thought he was pretty good (not, like, so good they should use him no matter what, but still good), and he's a pretty great promo.
Good look, pretty good promo but I think he's pretty horrible in the ring. Sure, people like O'Reilly would make them look very good, but he would charge a pretty good amount of money and I don't think he's worth it. I'd use them to sign Cody, for instance (even though I read he had a mediocre match with motherfucking Sabre Jr. but I don't know for sure because I don't watch EVOLVE).
The Cody vs. Sabre Jr. match seems to be a pretty divisive one. I really enjoyed it, but mostly because of how different it was to anything I can remember seeing in a very long time. It was very much a pure "this is a sport" match. They went out there and had professional wrestling match, with the emphasis on the "professional" as well as the "wrestling." They traded holds and moves and told a good story, but no one did anything that was in any way illegal or in any way looked even close to being hokey.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Will Ospreay is going to be in as a regular starting as soon as his Visa goes through. The same goes for Marty Scurll. Both are starting on the November tour of the U.K
Rush, as in not Lio but in the best heel in wrestling, did an interview talking about his brother, Dragon Lee, who starts on the 9/30 PPV show. He said he’d also be interested in coming here
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Great news on Ospreay if true, will certainly be a very good fresh face to have in the company.

I've heard a lot about RUSH but never seen any of his work, but if his quality really is as good as said about, It would be great to have him in ROH.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Great news about ospreay and the villain

rush in roh? fucking yes..one of the best heels in the world today
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Cody Rhodes will be making his TNA debut at Bound for Glory. He is expected to work a program with wife Brandi against Maria and Mike Bennett. His deal with TNA is said to be a short term one, likely just the Bound for Glory PPV and the tapings that follow.

Rhodes will be working the December ROH Final Battle PPV, and has commitments with ROH through May of 2017.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Doesn't sound like a bad time to be Cody Rhodes.

Debuts for TNA at Bound for Glory, guest starring on Arrow, then debuts for ROH at Final Battle. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him at Wrestle Kingdom 11 at this rate. Just do a world tour of flagship wrestling shows.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer had mentioned a match for Cody against Shibata also.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

supersonic wrote:Meltzer had mentioned a match for Cody against Shibata also.
At Final Battle? Well I guess of Rhodes is heavily involved for a few months then it's not too bad, but I think they'd get more out of Rhodes and Shibata facing two others. If Lethal has nothing going on for Final Battle - unless their planning on doing Bullet Club vs. ROH, with ROH consisting of Cabana, Lethal and one or two others - I'd like Lethal vs. Shibata or Lethal vs. Rhodes.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Likelier in NJPW.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
supersonic wrote:Meltzer had mentioned a match for Cody against Shibata also.
At Final Battle? Well I guess of Rhodes is heavily involved for a few months then it's not too bad, but I think they'd get more out of Rhodes and Shibata facing two others. If Lethal has nothing going on for Final Battle - unless their planning on doing Bullet Club vs. ROH, with ROH consisting of Cabana, Lethal and one or two others - I'd like Lethal vs. Shibata or Lethal vs. Rhodes.
Pretty much agree with everything you've said here. I'd like the anti-Bullet Club team to be Cabana, Lethal, Briscoes, & Dalton Castle, maybe? I think they might have to wait until after Final Battle for some sort of Steel Cage Warfare blow-off, though, just because Cole and the Bucks will presumably be defending their belts and the PPV seemed to be setting up Fish vs. Page for the TV Title, so the only Bullet Club guys you'd have available would feel like a B-Team because most of them haven't done much in ROH (and also Omega, but he would feel wasted in this spot).
Maybe they should hold off on it until SCOH (have MCMG beat the Bucks at the Anniversary Show, one year after they got back together) and make it six-on-six, so we'd have the "original" six Bullet Club guys from back in May vs. either Lethal, Colt, Kyle, Dalton, and the Briscoes. This way you could still have the tag titles defended at SCOH, and you'd be using twelve guys in one match, (plus another six in the Trios Title match), freeing up room on the card for whoever comes in from New Japan and CMLL.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
ROH: Marty Scurll and Will Ospreay are scheduled to start as regulars in December
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

supersonic wrote:ROH: Marty Scurll and Will Ospreay are scheduled to start as regulars in December
Oh. Maybe ROH is planning for one of them to wrestle Cody Rhodes at Final Battle? That would be the most interesting thing to do with either party, and could even be likely given how many wrestlers are already partnered up for the show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

During a recent interview with ESPN, Alberto El Patron teased some appearances for both ROH and TNA. Here is what he had to say…

“I already talked to my friends from Ring of Honor, and I’m a big fan of that company and their talent. I had a blast a few years ago, and I’m going to have fun with all those guys again pretty soon, as well as doing something with my friends in TNA, especially because my friend Drew McIntyre [Galloway] works for them. I have other friends like Damien [Sandow, a.k.a Aron Rex] and Cody Rhodes. I’m just looking forward to doing an appearance with them pretty soon.”
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

KUSHIDA will be there but no ACH announcement for now.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I doubt that we will see ACH at final battle but a big Thank you NJPW for the ACH vs Jushin Liger
Brada

Post by Brada »

ACH might have already made his last appearance, unless they "Moose" him and have him job like hell on the way out the door.

Maybe give Cheeseburger a big win, and have ACH job to him on the way out.