Bobby Roode in ROH

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!

Bobby Roode in ROH

YES
73%
NO
27%

Total votes: 15

monster mafia

Bobby Roode in ROH

Post by monster mafia »

Former TNA Champion Bobby Roode are officially done working for the company, he requested their release.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Bobby Roode in ROH

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'd totally be for it.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I see him far more likely in NXT to help replace Balor, Joe, and Zayn this year. Possibly debuting in Dallas.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

supersonic wrote:I see him far more likely in NXT to help replace Balor, Joe, and Zayn this year. Possibly debuting in Dallas.
He is 39 years old though.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Yes please.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

JTCole wrote:
supersonic wrote:I see him far more likely in NXT to help replace Balor, Joe, and Zayn this year. Possibly debuting in Dallas.
Storm and Aries were about the same age as well, and Roode at least has the advantage over Aries of being a decent sized guy. Likely has little bearing on their recruiting process these days (Within reason of course.) with the talent hoarding mindset the company seems to have at the moment. Unless Ring of Honor or someone acts fast and swoops in with a good/great offer, I wouldn't be surprised to see him work at least a couple dates for NXT as a free agent.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Weren't The American Wolves supposed to leave TNA at the end of their contract in April ?
I would keep my money to recruit them both or at least one of them instead of Roode or any TNA wrestler.
ImageImage
joshkyleo'reillyfan

Post by joshkyleo'reillyfan »

AssShooter wrote:Weren't The American Wolves supposed to leave TNA at the end of their contract in April ?
I would keep my money to recruit them both or at least one of them instead of Roode or any TNA wrestler.
No, I'm pretty sure around April they're signing new more exclusive contracts (or at least Davey is, not sure about Eddie)
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Fawrules wrote:
JTCole wrote:
Storm and Aries were about the same age as well, and Roode at least has the advantage over Aries of being a decent sized guy. Likely has little bearing on their recruiting process these days (Within reason of course.) with the talent hoarding mindset the company seems to have at the moment. Unless Ring of Honor or someone acts fast and swoops in with a good/great offer, I wouldn't be surprised to see him work at least a couple dates for NXT as a free agent.
I'm thinking if Roode and Young show up in NXT it will be with official deals. I don't think they would leave TNA unless they had offers from elsewhere. Meltzer is saying they left to pursue other offers. While he doesn't have official confirmation of this, the early belief is that Roode and Young leaving is WWE related.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I like Roode, but no. He's going to NXT. Although I'm happy for him that he's leaving TNA, what the fuck took him so long?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I like Roode, but no. He's going to NXT. Although I'm happy for him that he's leaving TNA, what the fuck took him so long?
They stopped paying him what he thought he was worth. Or maybe he just wanted a change of scenery before it was too late.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Just don't bring back Beer Money. Roode on his own, though, would be good for ROH.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They just lost two big contracts (+ Andrews and Uno it seems like) and yet they can't keep those guys around. Looks like they're downsizing for the 100th time in a year and a half.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Thelone wrote:They just lost two big contracts (+ Andrews and Uno it seems like) and yet they can't keep those guys around. Looks like they're downsizing for the 100th time in a year and a half.
Where are you reading this?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They were not on that last set of tapings and I don't recall them being injured. I also believe Andrews had a one-year contract that started during or right after the 2015 UK tour and it was said that this year's UK tour was his last for the company.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Thelone wrote:They were not on that last set of tapings and I don't recall them being injured. I also believe Andrews had a one-year contract that started during or right after the 2015 UK tour and it was said that this year's UK tour was his last for the company.
Oh right Andrews I heard about leaving but not Uno.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Meltzer:
There is nothing confirmed, but within the industry, the belief is Roode is WWE-bound.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Yes, but only because I want to see the final member of the 2002 ECWA Super 8 Tournament wrestle at least once in ROH (Styles, Red, Xavier, Morgan, Gibson were title holders, Stryker was notable for a while, and Parks... well he appeared a couple of times at least :) )
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

PWInsider reports that pay was the reason for Bobby Roode and Eric Young asking for and receiving their TNA releases. The site reports that the two asked for pay raises and were denied, so they decided to ask for their releases which the company granted. TNA has apparently had pay issues pop up again over the last few months, although it isn’t known whether Roode and Young actually had problems getting paid by the company.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ROH is where I want to see him end up more than anywhere. ROH is running low on main event talent and the television product has lost a lot of it's umph since the Destination America boot. He would bring an instant main event precense and some umph to the stagnant TV product. Just don't want to see the typical anti-TNA stuff with him. Feuds and matches with the likes of Lethal, Cole, Jay Briscoe, and Elgin are appealing in my mind. Maybe a Global Wars debut since he's from Toronto?