Official Conquest Tour 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Conquest Tour 2016 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@ringofhonor 1h1 hour ago San Antonio Shrine Auditorium
Sneak peek at the #YoungBucks gear for tonight #ConquestTour
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

from @titansowrestlin on twitter

The Bucks and Cheeseburger/Delirous had an awesome match blending comedy and storytelling

Holy crap what an incredible 6 way. Drama off the charts . Snug work Feels like a MOTYC

Addiction and Machine Guns have best match up to this point. A really well worked bout. Dbl heat segment. Focused on Alex's neck

bj vs adam page:

These guys are killing themselves and these ass hats behind me are chanting use the sash
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Full Show Results via PWP:
ROH Conquest Tour
April 23, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Credit: John Lopez

Friday, November 4 is the return date for San Antonio

Mark Briscoe def Silas Young with a roll up

Rhett Titus def Will Ferrara

Bobby Fish def Kenny King via submission

Motor City Machine Guns def the Addiction
– post match the Addiction beat down on Sabin

The Young Bucks def Cheeseburger and Delirious after a Meltzer driver with Cheeseburger onto Delrious and a double pin

6-MAN MAYHEM – ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP PROVING GROUND INSTANT REWARD
Jay Lethal got the pin on ACH to win. Jay Briscoe, Moose, Kyle O’Reilly, and Roderick Strong were also in the match
– Jay at one point had Lethal pinned but there was no ref
– Jay called out Lethal after the match

San Antonio Street Fight
Adam Page def BJ Whitmer after spearing him through a table
Hm....are they building towards Lethal/Briscoe II for Best In The World '16?
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

monster mafia wrote:from @titansowrestlin on twitter

The Bucks and Cheeseburger/Delirous had an awesome match blending comedy and storytelling

Holy crap what an incredible 6 way. Drama off the charts . Snug work Feels like a MOTYC

Addiction and Machine Guns have best match up to this point. A really well worked bout. Dbl heat segment. Focused on Alex's neck

bj vs adam page:

These guys are killing themselves and these ass hats behind me are chanting use the sash
Yeah, fuck that sash chant. IIRC, those guys are always kind of nuts at SA shows.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

Wilson wrote:I don’t know how one can see Adam Page as a main event wrestler today. He has a good look, has improved in the ring, and has potential, but he is not fit for that role now after being given scraps for months. It’s a bad idea to put him anywhere near the main event.
I don't think he's a main eventer yet, but considering - in kayfabe - this match would have been second to last in a potential ROH title match, it's a wash. It was a main event by default. But I see a lot of potential in Page.
And BJ Whitmer. I would throw my chair in if I had to endure BJ Whitmer in the main event of a show I paid to attend.
I love to hate BJ.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Don't believe Jay Briscoe will take on Jay Lethal at BITW. It was at a house show and with the lack of the Video Wire as has been previously discussed in this forum, it'll most likely take place at a house show. I could be wrong. I'm shocked that a year later Briscoe asked for a rematch.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe is clearly a PPV main event, easily one of the best opponent for Lethal and i loved their previous match where Briscoe lose the title. I like that Jay Briscoe didn't get a rematch too quickly, it seems fresher.
I like the fact that they do some quick and efficient mini-storyline to give a title shot too (ie Colt Cabana and Jay Briscoe title shots).
You don't have to make everything a 6months+ program and it is always better than a totally random match.
They always talk about "asking for a rematch" but i don't remember someone who got it just because he was the previous world champion.
And please ROH, stop your double pin in every tag team match, it is illegal !! :roll:
BTW, there was a match won by PBK (Shane Taylor & Keith Lee) against Andy Dalton & Ken Phoenix.
ImageImage
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Don't believe Jay Briscoe will take on Jay Lethal at BITW. It was at a house show and with the lack of the Video Wire as has been previously discussed in this forum, it'll most likely take place at a house show. I could be wrong. I'm shocked that a year later Briscoe asked for a rematch.
Colt Cabana main event the next PPV thanks to what happen on the previous live events.
ImageImage
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Probably NYC on the WOTW Tour. I'd figure NYC since that's where the original match was.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Why did the south Texan job in south Texas during a match with numerous other participants?

Looking forward to ACH taking Ciampa's route and getting buzz again.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AssShooter wrote:Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe is clearly a PPV main event, easily one of the best opponent for Lethal and i loved their previous match where Briscoe lose the title. I like that Jay Briscoe didn't get a rematch too quickly, it seems fresher.
I like the fact that they do some quick and efficient mini-storyline to give a title shot too (ie Colt Cabana and Jay Briscoe title shots).
You don't have to make everything a 6months+ program and it is always better than a totally random match.
They always talk about "asking for a rematch" but i don't remember someone who got it just because he was the previous world champion.
And please ROH, stop your double pin in every tag team match, it is illegal !! :roll:
BTW, there was a match won by PBK (Shane Taylor & Keith Lee) against Andy Dalton & Ken Phoenix.
I feel that Briscoe vs. Lethal is a main event for a PPV. However, this is a storyline that should clearly have build behind it. The Cabana thing happening at a house show is fine for a random event. But now, Jay Briscoe, one of the cornerstones of ROH, a former 2 time ROH World champion is now asking for a rematch at a house show? Cabana, a guy who hasn't been seen in ROH for years is one thing, and does indeed raise the unpredictability factor. Briscoe, on the the other hand, is a guy who clearly obsessed over being the ROH World champion, not being the ROH World champion, to the point of not giving a shit about anything other than that, is now waiting a year later for a rematch? It's at odds with Jay Briscoe character and lazy storytelling. Jay Briscoe is one of your most over guys and this is clearly doing his character a disservice by doing this now. This random declaration at a house show doesn't help this at all.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
AssShooter wrote:Jay Lethal vs. Jay Briscoe is clearly a PPV main event, easily one of the best opponent for Lethal and i loved their previous match where Briscoe lose the title. I like that Jay Briscoe didn't get a rematch too quickly, it seems fresher.
I feel that Briscoe vs. Lethal is a main event for a PPV. However, this is a storyline that should clearly have build behind it. The Cabana thing happening at a house show is fine for a random event. But now, Jay Briscoe, one of the cornerstones of ROH, a former 2 time ROH World champion is now asking for a rematch at a house show? Cabana, a guy who hasn't been seen in ROH for years is one thing, and does indeed raise the unpredictability factor. Briscoe, on the the other hand, is a guy who clearly obsessed over being the ROH World champion, not being the ROH World champion, to the point of not giving a shit about anything other than that, is now waiting a year later for a rematch? It's at odds with Jay Briscoe character and lazy storytelling. Jay Briscoe is one of your most over guys and this is clearly doing his character a disservice by doing this now. This random declaration at a house show doesn't help this at all.
I agree Lethal vs Briscoe II should be the main event for BITW. However, I love the fact they waited a full year for teh rematch to happen, feels much fresher and less forced. Also ex champions should never get a rematch just because they were the champs, that is so WWE and extremely lazy. I like how they used the 6-Man to build up the match, if they manage to keep the match off until BITW I'm sure both will deliver some top notch promos fitting for a rematch of these proportions.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Agreed. I think pooling talent together and building a new possible world title circuit works well. It creates possibilities instead of allowing the championship to be a revolving door. However, I do agree with Mojo on the timing here. Briscoe's silence over the past whole year is out of character.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Yeah, this would have made perfect sense if Briscoe had kept talking about the ROH title every now and then, saying one day he would come for Jay Lethal, etc. etc. Now it just feels like Delirious forgot that he didn't have a main event for BITW yet, but then suddenly remembered that Jay had never gotten his rematch. Or worse, in kayfabe, that Jay had forgotten about the fact that he never got a rematch.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so they push ach...and later no...and after yes!..and later..no
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Also, Moose vs. Kazarian added to West Warwick, Rhode Island on 4/30:

KL_

Post by KL_ »

From PWInsider
Ring of Honor had a hell of a travel day on 4/23 as the majority of the roster was re-directed due to a fire at the San Antonio airport and then had to trek back to the city via car.
BJ Whitmer is suspected of having suffered a bad concussion during a top rope neckbreaker spot during his Street Fight with Adam Page on 4/23. He will be held out of the ring until being cleared. He's slated to see doctors this week.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Because we all demanded it....

JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

Diesel looks like a lost child in that pic.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So this card now has eight matches. It looks pretty interesting. The bottom half is kind of "eh" for me (Moose vs. Kazarian, Dijak vs. Diesel), but the rest of the card (The Three-Way Tag, Lethal/Marseglia, ACH/Strong, ANX/Young Bucks, Daniels/Rush) has the potential to be really good.