Official Conquest Tour 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
trufreedom

Re: Official Conquest Tour 2016 Thread

Post by trufreedom »

Because they have reason to believe nothing will be able to follow it. no reason to shit all over it already.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Because Page isn't the least bit over?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

trufreedom wrote:Because they have reason to believe nothing will be able to follow it. no reason to shit all over it already.
It's a weapons match. I'm sure it will be fine. going on last.

Burnside wrote:Because Page isn't the least bit over?
Yeah, but he's facing Whitmer who everyone despises, so it will be fine.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I don’t know how one can see Adam Page as a main event wrestler today. He has a good look, has improved in the ring, and has potential, but he is not fit for that role now after being given scraps for months. It’s a bad idea to put him anywhere near the main event.

And BJ Whitmer. I would throw my chair in if I had to endure BJ Whitmer in the main event of a show I paid to attend.

And this feud! The more they mention Steve Corino in their program the more my mood changes from indifference to seething indignation.
Last edited by Wilson on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Big Red Machine wrote: Yeah, but he's facing Whitmer who everyone despises, so it will be fine.
It will be midcard fine, not main event fine.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I think highly of Adam Page and still think this is a mid-card match.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Yeah, there's nothing inherently wrong with Adam Page. But he's just not that over right now due to being beaten like a drum and the face turn nobody was demanding. There is no reason whatsoever for this match to be a main event.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t think Page vs BJ should Main Event, but it´s a House Show and if they do it would not matter that much, also the match will deliver for sure being a hardcore match.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Burnside wrote:Yeah, there's nothing inherently wrong with Adam Page. But he's just not that over right now due to being beaten like a drum and the face turn nobody was demanding. There is no reason whatsoever for this match to be a main event.
Is he actually a face. It seemed like he was still wrestling heel in the last match I watched, just that he hated BJ. I can see him being cheered heel over BJ's heel since BJ is the one you want see perpetually smacked around, though.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just added to West Warwick on 4/30:

Big Red Machine

Burnside wrote:Yeah, there's nothing inherently wrong with Adam Page. But he's just not that over right now due to being beaten like a drum and the face turn nobody was demanding. There is no reason whatsoever for this match to be a main event.
1) For a nice little change of the main event scene
2) To see how Page reacts in a main event situation. You'll never know how good a guy is if you don't give him the chance to go out there and go nuts in a high-pressure situation- and I'm not saying that this is a super-important show or anything, but for Page his first main event would certainly qualify as a high-pressure situation.
Big Red Machine

With New Japan having cancelled their shows due to earthquake, what are the chances that we see Elgin and/or Sydal added to the 4/30 show?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:With New Japan having cancelled their shows due to earthquake, what are the chances that we see Elgin and/or Sydal added to the 4/30 show?
Well they still have Wrestling Donaku on May 3rd, and both are probably involved with a lot of the "Road To..." shows, so I'd say it's unlikely.
Big Red Machine

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:With New Japan having cancelled their shows due to earthquake, what are the chances that we see Elgin and/or Sydal added to the 4/30 show?
Well they still have Wrestling Donaku on May 3rd, and both are probably involved with a lot of the "Road To..." shows, so I'd say it's unlikely.
I thought most of the Road Tos got cancelled because of the earthquake.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
I thought most of the Road Tos got cancelled because of the earthquake.
Wrestling Hinokuni on 4/29 was the only show on the tour that was cancelled (I think it's because where the show was to be held is close to the epicenter of the earthquake). All of the other shows are still on.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Just added to West Warwick on 4/30:

Give ACH the win!!!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Apparently Keith Lee will wrestle at the Texas show, i don't know if it will be as part of PBK with Shane Taylor or not.
ImageImage
GrizzlyHorsemen

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

Hey guys I have a ticket I do not plan to use for the Warwick show next Saturday. Ticket can be e-delivered. Seat information is Row C1, Seat 6. Ticket was originally $65, asking $60 OBRO.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I for one, am glad they're giving Page the opportunity to step up to a main event. And being a no DQ match, I think it will be as satisfying of a main event as anything else.