Last time ordering a ROH ppv!

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
hitman420

Last time ordering a ROH ppv!

Post by hitman420 »

So I've been a ROH fan for over 10 years, gone to countless shows and have a very big ROH dvd library. Last night I invited a bunch of friends over to see ROH for the first time and they were enjoying the ppv for the most part. Then in the final minutes of the main event the ppv feed cuts out right at 12 midnight! I spent $45 on a ppv and didn't even get to see the finish of the main event. Needless to say my friends were upset and this made ROH really look like a second rate promotion. I'm not sure if this happened to anyone else (I have Verizon fios) but I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring this up.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Last time ordering a ROH ppv!

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

hitman420 wrote:So I've been a ROH fan for over 10 years, gone to countless shows and have a very big ROH dvd library. Last night I invited a bunch of friends over to see ROH for the first time and they were enjoying the ppv for the most part. Then in the final minutes of the main event the ppv feed cuts out right at 12 midnight! I spent $45 on a ppv and didn't even get to see the finish of the main event. Needless to say my friends were upset and this made ROH really look like a second rate promotion. I'm not sure if this happened to anyone else (I have Verizon fios) but I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring this up.
That sounds very weird. I watched the show on iPPV via ROH's website, and the show went off the air at 11:55 PM, so they definitely didn't go over three hours. Did you start watching the PPV late? Did the PPV itself start late on your end?
hitman420

Post by hitman420 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
hitman420 wrote:So I've been a ROH fan for over 10 years, gone to countless shows and have a very big ROH dvd library. Last night I invited a bunch of friends over to see ROH for the first time and they were enjoying the ppv for the most part. Then in the final minutes of the main event the ppv feed cuts out right at 12 midnight! I spent $45 on a ppv and didn't even get to see the finish of the main event. Needless to say my friends were upset and this made ROH really look like a second rate promotion. I'm not sure if this happened to anyone else (I have Verizon fios) but I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone bring this up.
That sounds very weird. I watched the show on iPPV via ROH's website, and the show went off the air at 11:55 PM, so they definitely didn't go over three hours. Did you start watching the PPV late? Did the PPV itself start late on your end?
You know what I think it might have been now that you bring it up, I did pause the ppv for about 5 minutes and that might be what caused it to go off. So it's probably more my cable providers fault than ROH. Sorry ROH I just won't pause any more of your pops. Still stupid it's that strict though with time.
tlova86

Post by tlova86 »

hitman420 wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
You know what I think it might have been now that you bring it up, I did pause the ppv for about 5 minutes and that might be what caused it to go off. So it's probably more my cable providers fault than ROH. Sorry ROH I just won't pause any more of your pops. Still stupid it's that strict though with time.
I have Verizon Fios in NYC and I also paused it several times but was still able to see the whole ppv