Delirious should be fired

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Delirious should be fired

Post by Big Red Machine »

ColourMeCurious wrote:
Plus, wouldn't Corino be the creepiest? I think he is like 15-18 years older than his wife?
LOL yeah. The age difference between her and Colby can't be more than five years.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I'll leave the topic of whether he should be fired for the Mandy thing to SBG and their view on that. I've worked at a handful of companies and everyone views those situations differently...from immediate dismissal to "oh well...just don't let it interfere with work..." attitudes.

That aside...

I understand a lot of people are frustrated with the creative, but it's really hard for me to imagine calling for someone's head when he pulled the company out of a seemingly unrecoverable creative slump following Cornette and has lead them on a solid trajectory of business growth since late 2013. It's like American football fans demanding the coach of a team that has won consistently for consecutive years because you don't like the offense he runs.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

On this forum you have your pro-Delirious contingent and your anti-Delirious contingent. However the author of this thread managed to do the improbable and temporarily unified us. Wanting Delirious fired because he's possibly banging Mandy Leon? Bizarre. I'm still convinced it was Kevin Keenan. Or Bizzaro World Joeism.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:On this forum you have your pro-Delirious contingent and your anti-Delirious contingent. However the author of this thread managed to do the improbable and temporarily unified us. Wanting Delirious fired because he's possibly banging Mandy Leon? Bizarre. I'm still convinced it was Kevin Keenan. Or Bizzaro World Joeism.
Isn't this the biggest ROH centric forum? It was Keenan.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Yeah, cause Delirious is really giving Mandy that big push he promised here.

Fuck off. I get some people have it out for Delirious' booking but his personal life is just that, his. This Keenan guy should keep his mouth shut. Sexual harassment is sexual harassment.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

WHG wrote:I'll leave the topic of whether he should be fired for the Mandy thing to SBG and their view on that. I've worked at a handful of companies and everyone views those situations differently...from immediate dismissal to "oh well...just don't let it interfere with work..." attitudes.

That aside...

I understand a lot of people are frustrated with the creative, but it's really hard for me to imagine calling for someone's head when he pulled the company out of a seemingly unrecoverable creative slump following Cornette and has lead them on a solid trajectory of business growth since late 2013. It's like American football fans demanding the coach of a team that has won consistently for consecutive years because you don't like the offense he runs.

WHG

Post by WHG »

Sonic, the big difference with the coaching situations is that those teams underperformed expectations, which led to changes being made. ROH sold almost as many tickets in 2015 as it did in 2013 & 2014 combined, in a year when the WWE's attendance was flat and TNA cancelled almost as many house shows as they ran.

I'm not arguing that Delirious is doing a great job...but Meltzer frequently makes a great point when he says you don't have to debate whether a booker is doing a good job because business is the clear indicator and making money for the promotion is the sole criteria on which booking should be judged.

I also think people underestimate how tough the job is...and the likelihood that it would get worse instead of better with a change.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

WHG wrote:Sonic, the big difference with the coaching situations is that those teams underperformed expectations, which led to changes being made. ROH sold almost as many tickets in 2015 as it did in 2013 & 2014 combined, in a year when the WWE's attendance was flat and TNA cancelled almost as many house shows as they ran.

I'm not arguing that Delirious is doing a great job...but Meltzer frequently makes a great point when he says you don't have to debate whether a booker is doing a good job because business is the clear indicator and making money for the promotion is the sole criteria on which booking should be judged.

I also think people underestimate how tough the job is...and the likelihood that it would get worse instead of better with a change.
I agree with everything you say. Yes, Delirious' booking has its flaws, but the consistent growth business wise cannot be ignored. So let's just be happy that Cornette isn't booking anymore. In my opinion, Delirious is doing a fine job, could be better, but in a world where wrestling companies by and large aren't booked anywehere really good, we should appreciate what Delirious has managed. In fact, I like his booking more than Gedo's booking in NJPW or anything the writers of the WWE are booking.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Hahaha! I was fully expecting a post about sub par storylines, fuck finish main events, or not elevating mid-carders. This is gold.
Unless "inside ROH" starts getting substantially longer, who cares?
Brada

Post by Brada »

Lizard man.....we need some nudes of Mandy from your phone to solidify the validity of this topic. :lol:
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Business growth is great; it'd be nice for the company to start reclaiming some of the more critic-based awards again though. Been mentioned before that ROH has none of the aesthetics peaks - matches, events, programs - that it once did. Storylines with clear beginning, middle, and genuinely climatic conclusion isn't something I envision being a hindrance to important business metrics.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

supersonic wrote:Business growth is great; it'd be nice for the company to start reclaiming some of the more critic-based awards again though. Been mentioned before that ROH has none of the aesthetics peaks - matches, events, programs - that it once did. Storylines with clear beginning, middle, and genuinely climatic conclusion isn't something I envision being a hindrance to important business metrics.
This.
Brada

Post by Brada »

More importantly, we need Mandy nudes.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Brada wrote:More importantly, we need Mandy nudes.
What the fuck
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada. Stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Just a joke Francis.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Don't quit your day job.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I'm sorry you don't find Mandy attractive. Would pics of Delirious make you happier?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

MODS?!
Brada

Post by Brada »

geez....ok ok. Im just joking guys!

That humor is not accepted. Noted. Won't happen again. I apologize.