Ricochet

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Dinero212

Ricochet

Post by Dinero212 »

With Matt Sydal and Ricochet winning the iwgp jr. Tag championships, do you think theres a chance of them defending the belts in ROH?
Big Red Machine

Re: Ricochet

Post by Big Red Machine »

Not as long as he is still under contract to Lucha Underground.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Big Red Machine wrote:Not as long as he is still under contract to Lucha Underground.

LU already offered Ricochet services to ROH last year . ROH did not pull the trigger on the deal .. Ricochet can work for ROH and I will bet he is on the Japan shows. Prince Puma and Ricochet are two different wrestlers in LU eyes.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Memphis Mark wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Not as long as he is still under contract to Lucha Underground.

LU already offered Ricochet services to ROH last year . ROH did not pull the trigger on the deal .. Ricochet can work for ROH and I will bet he is on the Japan shows. Prince Puma and Ricochet are two different wrestlers in LU eyes.
I forgot all about that! Yes I hope we'll see Ricochet in ROH this year. Him now being
Spoiler: show
a New Japan champion
should be enough to get him in.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

If he wrestles at Honor Rising and not on any other ROH/NJPW shows, i'm sure there is an issue preventing him to come to ROH. I'm convinced that ACH is paired with Sydal and on the 6-man match because they can't have Ricochet.
Maybe Prince Puma and Ricochet are different in LU eyes, but not for ROH.
They might want to prevent any wrestler to work for both companies.
ImageImage
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Ricochet in ROH would be awesome. That'd help breathe some life back into this company for sure.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

STITCHES wrote:Ricochet in ROH would be awesome. That'd help breathe some life back into this company for sure.
A) Doesn't need new life in my eyes; and

B) If it did, another high flyer would't help.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I've watched back to back a NJPW and a ROH event with a tag team match involving Ricochet/Sydal and ACH/Sydal. I find Ricochet and ACH extremely similar. They even do the unnecessary flip when they avoid their opponent move.
Ricochet would seem more fresh and he would be a good addition, but they just need to push ACH more imo.
ImageImage
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Sardonic Artery wrote:
STITCHES wrote:Ricochet in ROH would be awesome. That'd help breathe some life back into this company for sure.

So, you're enjoying the circus of ReDRagon's awful promos, Mr. Wrestling III, Cheeseburger, Brutal Bob, Mike "P-Dawg" Posey and Kongo? Alright, dude. Suit yourself.

I even thought Jay Lethal as champion would be fun to watch. That's been a fucking snoozefest.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

STITCHES wrote:
Sardonic Artery wrote:

So, you're enjoying the circus of ReDRagon's awful promos, Mr. Wrestling III, Cheeseburger, Brutal Bob, Mike "P-Dawg" Posey and Kongo? Alright, dude. Suit yourself.

I even thought Jay Lethal as champion would be fun to watch. That's been a fucking snoozefest.
All those examples are fair (though I did enjoy Mr. Wrestling III talking about liking straightening his pants with Silas), but there's way more good stuff than bad in ROH. If the above list was all there is, or even most all of it, it'd be a huge issue.

I do think it's time for Jay to drop the belt. Nine months is a respectable reign.

Also, I think Ricochet could easily take ACH's spot, but Ricochet commands more value in wrestling right now.
I am cosmetically pleasing.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

I'll say this much: if ROH was regularly showcasing their talent the way they did with this tag team gauntlet episode, I could see where you're coming from. That was easily the best hour of ROH I've seen in a long time that wasn't a PPV. And even then, stuff like Roddy vs Lethal I've seen before when they were both in TV title contention years ago.

But I've tuned in many times just to find myself skipping through the entire hour in 15 minutes because either:
A) I didn't care about the wrestlers (yeah, seeing Caprice Coleman and Will Ferrera is pretty underwhelming if that's the best match on the card and it lasts for 20 minutes),
B) I was underwhelmed by the promos, or...
C) there were more fuck finishes (which by the way, doesn't that betray the concept of ROH?)

So, when that's the case, which it often has been lately, I look at guys like Ricochet, Tim Thatcher, Biff Busick, Uhaa Nation, Brian Cage, Chris Hero, Trevor Lee, and even a lot of the European talent out there and wonder why ROH isn't actively pursuing them. Maybe they are. I don't know. But when you see this kind of stuff happening instead, you start to doubt it.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

STITCHES wrote: But I've tuned in many times just to find myself skipping through the entire hour in 15 minutes because either:
A) I didn't care about the wrestlers (yeah, seeing Caprice Coleman and Will Ferrera is pretty underwhelming if that's the best match on the card and it lasts for 20 minutes),
C) there were more fuck finishes (which by the way, doesn't that betray the concept of ROH?)

So, when that's the case, which it often has been lately, I look at guys like Ricochet, Tim Thatcher, Biff Busick, Uhaa Nation, Brian Cage, Chris Hero, Trevor Lee, and even a lot of the European talent out there and wonder why ROH isn't actively pursuing them. Maybe they are. I don't know. But when you see this kind of stuff happening instead, you start to doubt it.
I don't post here too often anymore - but this was an outstanding assessment of exactly where ROH is right now
parjustin

Post by parjustin »

Agree with the last post - I long for the days when ROH was on the pulse of the next up and coming talent...sigh.
parjustin

Post by parjustin »

Although, I will say that Lio Rush and Jason Kincaid impressed at the January TV tapings...
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

parjustin wrote:Agree with the last post - I long for the days when ROH was on the pulse of the next up and coming talent...sigh.
Exactly!
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

McXal wrote:
STITCHES wrote: But I've tuned in many times just to find myself skipping through the entire hour in 15 minutes because either:

I don't post here too often anymore - but this was an outstanding assessment of exactly where ROH is right now
Yeah, man! Not trying to be negative. ROH used to be pretty interesting. Any time I watch Jay Briscoe vs Amazing Red and then go BACK to watching Brutal Bob Evans.... part of me dies.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I yearn for those days as well, but they're dead and gone. It's The Sinclair Era now.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
For whatever this is worth, and it’s probably a lot, independent promoters looking for summer dates on Ricochet (Trevor Mann, 27), have been told that he isn’t taking any dates after June. It appears to be a lock he’s coming [to WWE], although one person close to him said it’s not his immediate next move, but it is where he’ll wind up. WWE has wanted him as soon as he was contractually available after they missed on him the first time, which was a series of weird situations. We had already heard New Japan was looking for a new partner for Sydal. His Lucha Underground deal gave him an out after the third season, and the third season finishes taping in mid-May. It’s unclear if his Prince Puma character will be viewed as dead, or if he’ll come back in mid-May to finish. The contract with Lucha Underground actually wouldn’t allow him to go to WWE until six months after the season finishes airing, so that would be late 2017, but I can’t see a situation where somebody stops being paid in May and they aren’t allowed to get work elsewhere. When WWE holds people to non-competes, they pay them during the period for non-compete so that’s the difference
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

WWE definitely seems to be raking up the talent. Gallows & Gun, Nakamura, Balor, Zayn, Owens, Styles and now possibly Ricochet. It's exciting. Just hope the programming is as worth while as the roster.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

STITCHES wrote:WWE definitely seems to be raking up the talent. Gallows & Gun, Nakamura, Balor, Zayn, Owens, Styles and now possibly Ricochet. It's exciting. Just hope the programming is as worth while as the roster.
WWE has hit something big with this Gallows/Anderson tease. They might botch it of course but pretty much all the potential narratives, AJ reuniting, Finn debuting with them, or Roman joining up with them, are really neat and could lead to good TV in the coming months.

Plus Seth Rollins coming back hopefully next month will be a welcome addition.