BRYAN DANIELSON HAS RETIRED

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

BRYAN DANIELSON HAS RETIRED

Post by supersonic »

https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/stat ... 5879819264

Privileged to be part of such a special moment tonight.
Brada

Re: BRYAN DANIELSON HAS RETIRED

Post by Brada »

If you mean "retired" as Dr.Maroon released him and tonight kicks off his Wrestlemania return......then yes, he has "retired".
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Danielson doesn't tend to be a Jericho-type worker, so I'd be pleasantly surprised if that turns out to be the case.
Brada

Post by Brada »

here is too hoping. I'm with you. If I'm wrong, maybe he goes into the HOF this year....
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Brada wrote:If you mean "retired" as Dr.Maroon released him and tonight kicks off his Wrestlemania return......then yes, he has "retired".
I'd rather he not kill himself or end up like Benoit so I hope this is a Shawn Michaels retirement.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

The very first ROH show I watched had Bryan and Nigel McGuinness ram each others heads together like charging bulls. I thought it was one of the coolest things I ever saw in wrestling.

I was wrong. I was oh so very wrong
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Perfect track for me to reflect on Marshawn Lynch and Bryan Danielson.

supersonic

Post by supersonic »

rovert wrote:Will probably take a while to set in but this is kind of an end to a certain era and an era that was most formative to me as a smart fan. Sinclair buying ROH, CM Punk retiring from Pro Wrestling and now this.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Meltzer just reported that Bryan went to some MMA doctors for further testing and the results came back not looking good.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Thank you, American Dragon

The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

When I was 11-years-old my dad said he'd buy tickets to bring me to a Liverpool match, I said instead I wanted to go to Ring of Honor, he bought me and him two tickets to see Unified where Bryan and Nigel faced each other to unify the ROH World & Pure titles. To this day it is one of the best days of my life and I will never forget meeting Bryan and Nigel after the show in the same hotel we were randomly staying in and just talking to them about wrestling. That has been my one and only ROH show ever because living in Ireland has its cons.

Thank you Bryan Danielson, an absolute living, breathing legend in my eyes.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x34qu3o
Brada

Post by Brada »

If tonight is it for him...........they should fast track him right into the HOF this year....he could co headline with the Stinger...
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Next year for 15th Anniversary Show. Bring Danielson, bring Ki, Daniels is already here.
How wonderful it would be to see them together in the ring again :)
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Rising Above 2008.

I had the absolute honor of witnessing one of the finest professional wrestling matches I have ever attended live. Danielson/Nigel. Was it as good as some of their others? No. But it was still an absolute thrill watching live. The ebb and flow between these two was something to behold. Was it a foregone conclusion that Nigel would retain? Yes. Did it matter to those of us in attendance. Fuck no. We screamed, "Next world champ!" as Danielson entered the ring. We booed the piss out of Nigel. And as these two guys put on a wrestling clinic, I thought to myself how lucky I was. I've seen the Flair/Steamboat matches of the '80's, but never got to witness one live. That feud is considered the ultimate vision of what professional wrestling epitomized. Danielson/Nigel is this era's Flair/Steamboat. I am so glad that I was able to watch these two wrestlers, who are easily in my Top 10 all time list, deliver a wrestling match I reflect upon quite often as a highlight. It's not often that one is able to see to masters of their craft, deliver an operatic symphony of beauty and violence, but that's what these two did. They had the entire crowd in the palm of their hands and manipulated us whenever they wanted. That is the ultimate in professional wrestling.

it's bittersweet though. Nigel has been retired for a few years now. Danielson now joins him. What a cost these two paid to entertain us. Now is not a time to be selfish and hope Danielson comes out of retirement. I would have loved to see him and KENTA one more time. I would have drooled to see him face Nakamura. But as much as we love Bryan Danielson the wrestler, it is now time to love Bryan Danielson the human being so that he can live a long and happy life outside of professional wrestling.

Thank you Bryan Danielson.
dmgsdmgsdmgs

Post by dmgsdmgsdmgs »

Hope this is for WWE only....but man him vs. Roddy right now would be awesome. Or Shibata.
Last edited by dmgsdmgsdmgs on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very sad news. An amazing pro-wrestler and a Ring of Honor LEGEND.

The only time I saw him wrestle live was at WrestleMania 29 where Team Hell No defended the WWE Tag Team Titles against Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Obviously nowhere near one of his best matches, but at least I saw him live once.
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dmgsdmgsdmgs wrote:Hope this is for WWE only....but man him vs. Roddy right now would be awesome. Or Shibita.
Not going to happen. He has even went to see MMA doctors and they told him he should retire.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

:cry:
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
dmgsdmgsdmgs wrote:Hope this is for WWE only....but man him vs. Roddy right now would be awesome. Or Shibita.
Not going to happen. He has even went to see MMA doctors and they told him he should retire.
And apparently the doctors who cleared him didn't do near a full set of tests as the MMA ones.