Jimmy Jacobs bio MIA

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
pacey

Jimmy Jacobs bio MIA

Post by pacey »

So ROH took down Jimmy's profile. Is this going to be an angle or is he gone? Does anyone know?
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Re: Jimmy Jacobs bio MIA

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

I hope they haven't got rid of him. That'd suck.

If it was just an injury angle, then he would've stayed on there like Generico :(
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Jacobs was asked about his missing bio on his twitter, his reply was 'ask ROH' so maybe he doesnt know either. Really be gutted if he's gonna be used less if at all
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

It's absolutely criminal that they haven't used him much. He's absolutely awesome and one of the best promo guys in the company - if he has gone then it's a terrible decision.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I can't say that I'm shocked but then again he can easily still play a role in the Corino-Steen-Kingston-Richards story.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Massive fucking waste of time, then.

Bring him in with a lot of hype, put him in the year's biggest angle, turn his character into a pussy.
Last Real Man Hype
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

And then gone well within a year?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

The fact that he's been back in the company for about a year and he's only had one big match is ridiculous. This man fucking deserves a spot on this roster.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:The fact that he's been back in the company for about a year and he's only had one big match is ridiculous. This man fucking deserves a spot on this roster.
The guy should be in the main events, Im terribly defensive of ROH but its hard to defend them here, the way they have underused him, especially in matches, is criminal.

Its frustrating.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

I don't know what else to say about this. Big fucking mistake Ring of Honor! This is the kind of crap that's going to stop me supporting this company.
Last edited by WrestlingMatters on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I have to agree with the rest of you, it's beyond me why ROH keeps pushing guys like Bennett or Ciampa, and at the same time criminally underuse gusy like TJP or Jacobs. These two could easily take the spots of Bennett and Ciampa, and we'd be getting much better wrestling. I really hope Jacobs is somehow involved in the Chikara war!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

there must be more to the story that we currently know

If it's simply the case that ROH has decided to stop using him - an established, talented, versatile and popular talent - whilst continuing to push the likes of Mondo...it's crazy
Nice Guy Eddie

Post by Nice Guy Eddie »

I really hope this turns into an angle and Jacobs helps Kevin Steen try to bring down ROH. Otherwise, dropping Jimmy Jacobs from the roster makes no sense.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

McXal wrote:there must be more to the story that we currently know

If it's simply the case that ROH has decided to stop using him - an established, talented, versatile and popular talent - whilst continuing to push the likes of Mondo...it's crazy
Who says Mondo's getting a push? Who's he beat?
Last Real Man Hype
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Marketh. wrote:

If he's still in the company whilst Jacobs is gone...he's definitely getting more of a push than Jimmy!!!
Last edited by McXal on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TelkEvolon

Post by TelkEvolon »

McXal wrote:
Marketh. wrote:

If he's still in the company whilst Jacobs is gone...he's definitely getting more of a push that Jimmy!!!
That's hardly a push....
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

TelkEvolon wrote:That's hardly a push....
The point he's obviously making is that it's completely ridiculous that Mondo is getting booked and Jimmy Jacobs isn't.
Deathblow

Post by Deathblow »

If this is the case then you can add it to the ever growing list of bad decisions that have been made since the Sinclair deal
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

If this is the last we're seeing of Generico and Jacobs that's just another reason to not be interested in the current product. PWG utilizes the talent from ROH rather well, so it's not as if there's nowhere else to see certain stars wrestle. And at this point it's fast becoming the same thing with Davey/Roddy/Edwards.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
TelkEvolon wrote:That's hardly a push....
The point he's obviously making is that it's completely ridiculous that Mondo is getting booked and Jimmy Jacobs isn't.
Thank you! You got it!

I really hope this is just part of the angle. I have genuine concerns about ROH if we're continuing to go down the path of letting guys like Generico and Jacobs slip away from the roster...