I recap ROH and am looking for feedback

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
MrSoze

I recap ROH and am looking for feedback

Post by MrSoze »

Hey guys,

I recap Ring of Honor weekly TV for Scott Keith's blog. Been doing it for several months.

I've been working to become better as a recapper and have been looking for more feedback from the ROH faithful. I was hoping if any of you would be willing to take the time to visit and check it out, you may have some feedback for me.

The recaps aren't intended for hardcore ROH fans, I freely admit - I'm more trying to get people into the show as much as possible. I try to keep them light and interesting, funny in some places, but I'm more than willing (and desire) to hear from the true fans as much as possible.

Be warned that I'm a giant Kyle O'Reilly mark and make no apologies for it; similarly, I loathe Donovan Dijak and make no apologies for that.

Link to this week's recap is here: http://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2016/01 ... more-18394

If you want to check out any of my past recaps, click on my name.

Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to check it out.
K.O.

Re: I recap ROH and am looking for feedback

Post by K.O. »

If you want me to be brutally honest:

This is far too detailed for one episode of television. The match summaries specifically could be scaled way back, multiple paragraphs for a 90 second squash is just overkill. If I'm reading something that is supposed to serve as a "recap" I don't need to know every wristlock of every match.

Scaling back would do you massive favors. I like your tone and your takes, but there is entirely too much text. Were I looking for a review for an old PPV or major show that I was interested in potentially catching, a review this detailed may be helpful; but in trying to digest a recap of a weekly one hour syndicated TV show? This is just too much. Once you've removed the commercials, I could probably stream and watch 75% of the episode in the same amount of time it would take to read and absorb every aspect of that recap. Anyone out there merely looking for a nicely laid out recap of how this week's TV went will likely gravitate to something shorter and more simplified.

Hope that is somewhat helpful. Good work and keep it up.