Official 14th Anniversary Show (PPV) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official 14th Anniversary Show (PPV) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ring of Honor celebrates its anniversary in Las Vegas for the 2nd year in a row, live on PPV!

ROH 14th Anniversary Show
Las Vegas, Nevada 2/26/16

- ROH World Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- ROH World Tag Team Titles - No DQ Match - War Machine vs. The All-Night Express
- ROH World TV Title - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Fish
- The Briscoes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
- IWGP Heavyweight Champion "Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada (with Gedo) vs. Moose (with Stokely Hathaway)
- Hirooki Goto vs. TBD
- NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Titles - The Elite (IWGP Intercontinental Champion Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks) vs. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA, ACH, & IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Matt Sydal)
- Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels
- Adam Page vs. BJ Whitmer

Signed To Appear:

- Dalton Castle
- Cedric Alexander (with Veda Scott)
- Silas Young
- Cheeseburger

Keep all discussions here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For the second year in a row, Ring of Honor celebrates its anniversary in LAS VEGAS! On February 26th, all your favorite ROH stars head to the fight capital of the world for ROH's 14TH ANNIVERSARY! Not only will this be a massive live event for all in attendance, the 14TH ANNIVERSARY is available LIVE on pay-per-view. Plus, this year's anniversary features stars from NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING!

Just one week after some of ROH's athletes journey to Japan for a weekend of collaborative events, some of the top stars from NJPW - including current IWGP Heavyweight Champion OKADA - will travel to Las Vegas and compete at the 14TH ANNIVERSARY! And the very next night, February 27th, Ring of Honor is back at Sam's Town Live! for an ROH television taping featuring all of the fallout from the 14 ANNIVERSARY!

Just signed for February 26th as ROH celebrates its 14TH ANNIVERSARY:

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
JAY LETHAL w/TRUTH MARTINI VS. KYLE O'REILLY VS. ADAM COLE

Since winning the ROH World Championship at BEST IN THE WORLD 2015, Jay Lethal has proven that he is a TRUE World Champion, defending his title around the globe and here in Ring of Honor. Whatever you think of Lethal's arrogance (and Truth Martini's willingness to interject in his matches), Jay Lethal is the best in the world right now. But that also means he has a giant target on his back.

Kyle O'Reilly has made the ROH World Championship his goal since the first day he stepped into a professional wrestling ring. Known for rigorous training and discipline, O'Reilly worked and struggled until he finally seized an opportunity in Ring of Honor. Over the years, he has risen through ROH ranks as both a singles and tag team competitor, including multiple World Tag Team Championship reigns with reDRagon. But he never had the chance to compete for the World Championship, the top prize in ROH. That all changed in San Antonio as ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA.

O'Reilly vs. Lethal in the main event. Kyle had proven he can beat the champ, submitting him before without gold on the line. Something in the air that night felt different and many felt confident we would have a new World Champion by morning. The House of Truth did all they could to stop O'Reilly from toppling Jay Lethal, but the challenger knew to expect that from Martini and his charges. Finally, O'Reilly's former partner ADAM COLE hit the ring to even the odds! Cole and O'Reilly had recently found themselves on the same page as Cole was frozen out of The Kingdom. At ALL STAR EXTRVAGANZA, the fans leapt to their feet as Adam Cole looked poised to ensure his longtime best friend FINALLY won the ROH World Championship.

One superkick later, Adam Cole revealed his true intentions to the entire world.

Adam Cole had orchestrated a disgusting, manipulative plot to earn Kyle O'Reilly's trust just so he could ensure he never became champion. Cole points to the fact that O'Reilly had turned his back on Cole in the past, but nothing could possibly justify the extent that Adam Cole had betrayed not just his former friend, but also every ROH fan who fell for his scheme.
At FINAL BATTLE, Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly battled in a grudge match that felt more like a FIGHT than a competition! In the end, the record books will show that Adam Cole walked out of FINAL BATTLE the victor, though his tactics were less than honorable. Thanks to that victory, Cole became the number one contender to Lethal's championship and Nigel McGuinness granted him a World Championship opportunity at the 14TH ANNIVERSARY in Las Vegas!

Kyle O'Reilly was not about to step away from the World Championship scene quietly. Not only does he KNOW he can beat Jay Lethal, he fully believes he would have left ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA as champion if not for the betrayal of Adam Cole! Plus, he clearly still has a score to settle with his former partner, as their match at FINAL BATTLE was rife with controversy. Nigel McGuinness has listened to O'Reilly's argument and made a decision. At the 14TH ANNIVERSARY live on pay-per-view, BOTH Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly will face Jay Lethal in the same ring!

Will Cole and O'Reilly be so focused on their hatred for each other that they lose sight of their championship goals? Or has the sun finally set on Jay Lethal's reign? You know Truth Martini will have a plan on February 26th!

Don't miss your chance to see it LIVE, limited tickets remain for the 14th Anniversary Pay Per View at Sam's Town Live, click HERE to purchase.
WebConn

Re: Official 14th Anniversary Show (PPV) Thread

Post by WebConn »

Already got my ticket. Me and a buddy are going.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

I'm probably more excited for another episode of Truth and Lethal invading Vegas than any match that will take place here :D
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

main event: HYPE!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Lethal vs. Cole vs. O’Reilly seems like a match that is sure to have real ramifications by the end of the match, but it also seems ripe for ‘PPV Main Event Folderol.’ Then again, I had those preconceptions for every main event last year, of which only half had precipitated. Maybe I should give them some slack?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

ROH has officially announced that Nakamura is off the Vegas shows.

I am pleasantly surprised by this, as I expected them to simply pretend they had never announced him for those shows.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

They also announced there will be a replacement.

If it's Shibata I'd like to think we'd get Roddy/Shibata but I don't think the world is ready.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Meltzer reported a week or two ago that it will probably be Hirooki Goto.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

He also said that there would be multiple replacements right?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Shibata is still a freelancer as far as I know so he's not coming, same with Ibushi unless he gave up on DDT. They could bring in Komatsu and/or Tanaka from Mexico to fill the void also.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
theskeep

Post by theskeep »

Tanahashi also has a dislocated shoulder, could possibly need surgery. No update on it since the original announcement, but given that the show is in just a few weeks, I'd say it's more than likely he won't be wrestling here.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Apparently Tanahashi is cleared to wrestle.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Tanahashi is a bad ass. No way he's 100%.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ring of Honor is ready for its biggest year yet in 2016 and the celebration of our 14th Anniversary! And this year we head back to LAS VEGAS! All of your favorite ROH stars will be there competing against some of the biggest stars from New Japan Pro Wrestling. Scores will be settled, feuds will culminate, and championships will be decided! Our next match announced for the 14th Anniversary is a TREMENDOUS tag team battle!

After a very successful 2015 in singles competition, #DemBoys JAY and MARK BRISCOE have their eyes set on one thing in 2016: their record-ninth ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP! The Briscoes picked up the winning fall in a huge eight-man tag in Indianapolis and a tag-team brawl against “The LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG and BEER CITY BRUISER!

Their next challenge en route to number nine? The dream team of former ROH World Champion “UNBREAKABLE” MICHAEL ELGIN and a record seven-time IWGP World Heavyweight Champion HIROSHI TANAHASHI!

Elgin and Tanahashi formed a formidable duo in the Tag League Tournament, wracking up a winning record in their first time teaming together! With instant chemistry, Elgin and Tanahashi have proven they are not only great singles competitors but also a world-class tag team!

After a recent three-way match, the challenge was issue and NIGEL McGUINNESS signed the bout immediately! Fans who saw the challenge issued live in Concord, NC have been salivating ever since and now we will see this TAG TEAM DREAM MATCH at the 14th Anniversary!

Recently while competing in Japan Tanahashi suffered a shoulder injury. At this time Tanahashi is still scheduled to team with Michael Elgin against the Briscoes. If something should change we will update you here first at ROHWRESTLING.com
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Burnside wrote:ROH has officially announced that Nakamura is off the Vegas shows.

I am pleasantly surprised by this, as I expected them to simply pretend they had never announced him for those shows.
That'll be hard. His face was on the poster at Sam's Town last I checked.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

As rumored, Goto will be Nakamuras replacement. Wasn't there the rumor that a second replacement was being signed in lieu of Gallows and Anderson?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside

Post by Burnside »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:As rumored, Goto will be Nakamuras replacement. Wasn't there the rumor that a second replacement was being signed in lieu of Gallows and Anderson?
I don't see them flying in guys from Japan to "replace" US-based talent who were never even announced for the show.

If Gallows and Anderson do get "replaced" I suspect it would be by US-based guys. Roppongi Vice maybe.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I'm indifferent on Goto. Would have liked Shibata, but Thelone must be correct on the free agent thing. Too bad Nakamura couldn't hold off until after this show. I still believe we might see Cheeseburger vs. Captain New Japan before we die. And that won't be a good thing.