Supercard of Honor XI - Lakeland/Orlando, FL

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Re: Supercard of Honor XI - Lakeland/Orlando, FL

Post by Brada »

marcgeo13 wrote:How many of us here think Kenny omega is going to so up for Supercard? <Fingers crossed>
Nope. He is booked for NJPW the same day. I think he will be mentioned in some way though.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote:ROH doesn't need a Terry Funk on the technical wrestling side. That's what Christopher Daniels, BJ Whitmer, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Caprice Coleman, Colt Cabana, Delirious, Frankie Kazarian, Stevie Richards (whenever they book him) and Rocky Romero are for.

Bubba flat out said why he came to ROH himself... to help guys learn to get their characters over. To get people to care about matches for reasons beyond technical or athletic marvel.

And it's not like Bubba's terrible in the ring. Especially for a guy his size and age. He's been in more great matches than I can count. Partially because he's been in there with great talent, and equally because he understands storytelling from every angle, including during the match.
The guys don't need help learning to get their characters over. The issue is that the booker is incapable of utilizing those characters in anything but the most generic of ways.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Brada wrote:
marcgeo13 wrote:How many of us here think Kenny omega is going to so up for Supercard? <Fingers crossed>
Nope. He is booked for NJPW the same day. I think he will be mentioned in some way though.
So what I'm reading is that Yano could still be there ;)
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

As the crazy week begins, just a friendly reminder that among the many entertainment options available, please avoid SeaWorld and the Sanford Orlando Kennel Club at all costs. Those sentient animals go through Hell in the name of "entertainment."
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Big Red Machine wrote:
famicommander wrote:ROH doesn't need a Terry Funk on the technical wrestling side. That's what Christopher Daniels, BJ Whitmer, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Caprice Coleman, Colt Cabana, Delirious, Frankie Kazarian, Stevie Richards (whenever they book him) and Rocky Romero are for.

Bubba flat out said why he came to ROH himself... to help guys learn to get their characters over. To get people to care about matches for reasons beyond technical or athletic marvel.

And it's not like Bubba's terrible in the ring. Especially for a guy his size and age. He's been in more great matches than I can count. Partially because he's been in there with great talent, and equally because he understands storytelling from every angle, including during the match.
The guys don't need help learning to get their characters over. The issue is that the booker is incapable of utilizing those characters in anything but the most generic of ways.
I'm not going to defend the booking but I still think some guys could do with some better character work.

Adam Page, for instance. He has the athleticism, he's technically sound, he has at least some charisma. But I think he can reach another level. Whether Bubba actually helps him with that is a different story altogether, but the potential is there.

I think the same applies to guys like Kenny King and Jay White.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

I'm not going to defend the booking but I still think some guys could do with some better character work.

Adam Page, for instance. He has the athleticism, he's technically sound, he has at least some charisma. But I think he can reach another level. Whether Bubba actually helps him with that is a different story altogether, but the potential is there.

I think the same applies to guys like Kenny King and Jay White.
I think Page is just miscast more than anything. He had this "Hangman" gimmick thrust upon him and he just doesn't strike me as a killer. He was much better with Whitmer as a cocky heel. White... he could use some help, I guess, but I think he's just fine as a generic young babyface. As for Kenny King, he needs no help with his character and hasn't for years. If they would just like Kenny King be Kenny King instead of a goofball stuck in an idiotic stable he would be a star.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Riccabboni said on today's ROH Update that Supercard of Honor has already beaten the previous attendance record. He talks about more than 3.000 tickets already sold. Cool news, I'm sure if it wasn't for NXT Takeover taking place on Saturday, ROH would have sold out the Supercard of Honor.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote:Riccabboni said on today's ROH Update that Supercard of Honor has already beaten the previous attendance record. He talks about more than 3.000 tickets already sold. Cool news, I'm sure if it wasn't for NXT Takeover taking place on Saturday, ROH would have sold out the Supercard of Honor.
Currently at 3247 tickets sold, I reckon it could get to 3500 by bell time.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Attendance update at 3403, 1 seat left to fill another entire section.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

BurningHammer wrote:Attendance update at 3403, 1 seat left to fill another entire section.
Thanks for the update. This on the record? :lol:
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

cgstong wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:Attendance update at 3403, 1 seat left to fill another entire section.
Thanks for the update. This on the record? :lol:
hahaha, all on the up and up here.

and that section is now sold out.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder how many of the sold tickets are in the possession of scalpers. I have seen SCOH tickets on resale sites.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

So Jeff Hardy recently said that he and Matt aren't going to WWE. Of course it could be a lie, but still interesting
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

King of Indy Style wrote:So Jeff Hardy recently said that he and Matt aren't going to WWE. Of course it could be a lie, but still interesting
He didn't say they weren't going, he said they don't have an offer on the table yet and they're not going there immediately. He said they're in ROH through the summer and then they'll see what their options look like.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

dhads7161 wrote:Wonder how many of the sold tickets are in the possession of scalpers. I have seen SCOH tickets on resale sites.
Hmmm, that would suck if true more so if they aren't used.

Now if there aren't too many scalpers ROH just hit the 3555 mark.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'm seeing people say they are having difficulty getting tickets outside the venue and they aren't available at the door. That either means a legitimate sell-out or ROH just decided to stop selling, hope it's the former.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

They are announcing 3500. Kinda wonder why they would stop selling if there is still space in the building but not sure.

Anyone having trouble with the stream? Reading online there are some issues?
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

or Fb.com/ROHworld