Supercard of Honor XI - Lakeland/Orlando, FL

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Supercard of Honor XI - Lakeland/Orlando, FL

Post by supersonic »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/superc ... um=twitter

Navigating Orlando: The WrestleMania 33 Travel Guide

Bus info - http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ring-h ... r-sale-now

ROH's events will all be on Saturday, April 1.

Festival of Honor- 2:00PM
This convention will include meet-and-greets and autograph sessions, as well as a Women of Honor event.
Details - http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/detail ... ival-honor

Supercard of Honor XI - 6:00PM
This event will be approximately 4 hours in length.

Main card:

Matt Taven & Vinny Marseglia vs. Beer City Bruiser & Silas Young

Punisher Martinez vs. Frankie Kazarian

Trios Titles Match
Briscoe Bros. & Bully Ray vs. Adam Page & Guerrillas of Destiny

Will Ospreay & Volador, Jr. vs. Jay White & Dragon Lee

Texas Bullrope Match
Jay Lethal vs. Cody Runnels

TV Title Match
Marty Scurll vs. Adam Cole

ROH Title Match
Christopher Daniels vs. Dalton Castle

Tag Titles - Ladder Match
Hardyz vs. Young Bucks

Tourist note:

Those of you who will be in Orlando will have numerous entertainment choices. I will use this space to request all of you to avoid SeaWorld and the Sanford Orlando Kennel Club. These 2 locations are carny operations that exploit innocent animals for profits, one of them aquatic wildlife, the other greyhound dogs. The captivity and activities performed by the animals causes them major physical, psychological trauma, including injuries, health issues, and aggressive behavior.

SeaWorld has also been documented on camera as sexually molesting the late Tilikum for semen preservation. This is the same orca that killed 3 humans while in captivity.

As a former greyhound track lead out, I can personally attest that it's an unsuitable industry for man's best friend, as well as any other animal. The dog racing industry also has breeding farms that are just as unethical as the typical puppy mill, overbreeding the bitches at unsustainable rates and having little to no regard for their health.
Last edited by supersonic on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 18 times in total.
supersonic

Re: Supercard of Honor XI - Orlando, FL

Post by supersonic »

It's official - http://www.wwe.com/article/wrestlemania ... wl-orlando

If any of you plan to tour the theme parks, start saving your money pronto.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So will ROH try to run that Armory in Ft. Lauderdale I wonder? I think them running a theme park wouldn't be a bad idea for one weekend. Get some new fans in at the least, definitely charge however, unlike TNA.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

If it's Universal, something could be worked out, but the only reason TNA films there is because Universal makes them not charge people to attend.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Ft. Lauderdale is part of the Miami metro area. I love the idea of a triple-shot across two fairly close markets like WM22 weekend though. Missed opportunity not doing it in San Antonio this year.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Those of you who plan to make the trip, even if you're just on the fence, get your names in early so I can do my part for you later this year for WrestleMania 33 weekend in Orlando. Don't let yourselves get left out or have to pay ludicrous secondary market pricing.

NXT Takeover Orlando (Friday, 3/31/2017) - http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea ... a7-wwenxt1

WWE 2017 HOF Ceremony (Saturday, 4/1/2017) - http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea ... a7-wwe2017

WrestleMania 33 (Sunday, 4/2/2017) - http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea ... estlemania

WWE Raw: WM33 Aftermath (Monday, 4/3/2017) - http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea ... fa7-wweraw

Should the go-home Raw on 3/27/2017 be held in Miami, which I suspect is a strong possibility especially if Dwayne Johnson competes at WM33, I'll make a smaller group hold request for that as well so those of you can add some South Beach to your Florida vacation.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.wrestlecon.com/

Incredible hotel deals and tidbits about WrestleCon related event dates/times.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Take this with a grain of salt since it's coming from Rob McCarron (FKA RJMC101), a known troll. ROH is supposedly only going to host ONE event on WrestleMania 33 weekend. It'll be Saturday night, April 1, against the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony. LAKELAND will host it. For those unaware, Lakeland is 45-60 minutes west of the Orlando metro area.

If true, not a chance in Hell I'm making that commute... UNLESS Supercard of Honor XI's line-up is as erection-inducing as ROH"s WrestleMania weekend efforts in 2006, 2007, and 2008.
Rob McCarron wrote:Not trolling here, have it on pretty trustworthy authority. 4/1 at 6pm in Lakeland for ROH
UPDATE - ROH will NOT be renting from WrestleCon in 2017. Look who's coming to town though and making its American debut.

https://twitter.com/mrjacobcohen/status ... 2588993538
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

MORE DETAILS:

I proactively received confirmation from another party that McCarron is telling the truth. There will only be 1 official ROH event for Supercard of Honor XI/WrestleMania 33 weekend, and it'll be on Saturday, April 1 in Lakeland, a usual tour stop for the company.

ROH is aware that Lakeland is an inconvenient location, so BUSES WILL BE PROVIDED. No confirmation if this will be a free service for ticket-buyers. [SUGGESTION TO ROH: DO THE GOODWILL GESTURE AND OFFER IT FOR FREE.]

ROH's events will all be on Saturday, April 1.

Convention - 2:00PM
This convention will include meet-and-greets and autograph sessions, as well as a Women of Honor event.

Supercard of Honor XI - 6:00PM
This event will be approximately 4 hours in length.

This scoop is rooted from someone with a proven track record, and this one in particular is "1000% proven."
dhads7161

Re: Supercard of Honor XI - Lakeland/Orlando, FL

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder why they're not partnering with Wrestlecon again?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Kevin Kelly hyping supercard of honor really hard...also this is the schedule..crazy shit.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

official lineup

roh maybe books a show with cmll or njpw stars? plus women of honor too.

lets wait and see
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If ROH is indeed running Lakeland, I'm going to have to skip, too far out of the way ad it conflicts with that Wrestlecon Supershow if it's indeed at 8 p.m. Wrestlecon has quite the tentative schedule of shows as well.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Rovert and Radican are also sticking to their talent raid predictions for early 2017. That may be the tipping point to open the checkbook for 2006-2008 level quantity of special attractions.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they really need a strong roster and maybe some special surprises for that day

that wwn card is unreal.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Partially related, especially for those who don't regularly get live ROH events in US/Canada.

Those who attended WrestleMania 32, check your various e-mails you may have used for ticket purchasing. I received a survey that inquires on a number of aspects, including interest in FUTURE POTENTIAL WRESTLEMANIA HOST CONSIDERATIONS.

The following cities all listed on that particular question:
Dallas, Baltimore, Jacksonville, San Antonio, Atlanta, New York City, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, St. Louis, Orlando, Detroit, Twin Cities, Phoenix, Chicago, Tampa, Boston, Houston, Toronto, Denver, Miami, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Washington, DC

The following cities were NOT listed:
Buffalo, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Kansas City, Vancouver, Montreal, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Charlotte
project161

Post by project161 »

Very stupid of ROH to choose this building. I find it hard to believe that they would not have been able to set up an arrangement with a hotel in the Orlando area. Especially when on top of it, it leaves fans to consider missing out on a group of other shows to potentially do one ROH show (two if you include women of honor.)
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

project161 wrote:Very stupid of ROH to choose this building. I find it hard to believe that they would not have been able to set up an arrangement with a hotel in the Orlando area. Especially when on top of it, it leaves fans to consider missing out on a group of other shows to potentially do one ROH show (two if you include women of honor.)
It's fine. ROH will get their 1,000 people for their show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they dont took mania weekend that way others took...maybe for roh is just a another show

for other companies is the weekend of the year

still roh need a good roster to draw that date but like burnside says

they will get the house packed as always.
MrCrispy

Post by MrCrispy »

In case you didn't know, you can drive from Orlando to Lakeland more quickly than driving from one end of Orlando to the other depending on traffic in city.