Supercard of Honor XI - Lakeland/Orlando, FL

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Memphis Mark

Re: Supercard of Honor XI - Lakeland/Orlando, FL

Post by Memphis Mark »

I wonder if Matt Sydal will resurface for SCOH . I know he is working indies again . I wonder if his connection with Delirious will bring him back to ROH ?

Also , will any more Impact talent be booked by ROH ? Now that Anthem is in control of Impact , it is now possible for Impact to be booked by ROH ? Could we see Eddie Edwards , Mike Bennett , Moose , Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett or even Richards back in ROH for a few shots ?
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

monster mafia wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:If Yoshi/Liger/Rush/Volador/Hardys is all they had planned for bringing over for this show I'd be really pissed off. Not Toru Yano levels of pissed but pissed nonetheless.
more stars are coming ...relax men.
No there won't, and that's a good thing. ROH needs to build its own guys, there are enough dream shows with the NJPW guys. SCOH isn't a dream show anymore and shouldn't be with all the competition on that weekend. They should spend the money on these big stars for shows where they can get the most profit.
Besides, RUSH and Volador JR are pretty fucking awesome.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

yeah but is a 4000 venue,i believe more njpw/cmll announcements are coming

for roh ,this year of scoh is big.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Memphis Mark wrote:I wonder if Matt Sydal will resurface for SCOH . I know he is working indies again . I wonder if his connection with Delirious will bring him back to ROH ?

Also , will any more Impact talent be booked by ROH ? Now that Anthem is in control of Impact , it is now possible for Impact to be booked by ROH ? Could we see Eddie Edwards , Mike Bennett , Moose , Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett or even Richards back in ROH for a few shots ?
Doubt it. Matt Sydal really enjoys his weed. He is willing to go to jail for it in fact.
borklaser

Post by borklaser »

I asked Kevin Kelly TUE on twitter if ALL NJPW & CMLL Stars gonna be announced THIS week he said: "Yes today and tomorrow! Watch #ROHUpdate and HUGE #SCOH main event announced Thursday!"
Brada

Post by Brada »

If there is No Okada, No Tanahashi, No Naito, No KUSHIDA and all we get is Liger and the no talent hack named after a Mario character, then there will be No Brada at SCOH either. Looking more and more like Evolve, Progress, and Best of the Best for me.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

What the fuck. How dumb are they? I understand that you gotta build your own talent, yadda yadda, but how can they call this the biggest ROH show ever if all they bring in is Yoshi, Liger, Volador and Lee? Seriously? I like all those guys, a lot, but THOSE are the guys you bring in for your biggest show ever? That card better be REALLY, REALLY good or else buying the DVD is gonna be a waste of money.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I dont really go out of my way to crap on the company....but I just don't see this show living up. I will admit that I was never that thrilled for Bucks-Hardy's, so that probably has a lot to do with it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

only we know 2 matches,you guys just cant wait when the entire card is out.?..jesus.
Brada

Post by Brada »

yeah, I should have been more clear. I meant with the announced roster....if they are still adding names then definitely wait to judge...
Brada

Post by Brada »

They just better give us some Cheeseburger.
Brada

Post by Brada »

King of Indy Style wrote:https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 6096501761

Good news.
Whew. I was nervous. You just can't call it a Supercard without giving us some Ferrara and Cheeseburger.
King of Indy Style

I'm hoping that we get new updates this week.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

La Amapola y Marcela (luchadoras from México) will be at SCOH this year, according to ROH's twitter account.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The eyes of the wrestling world will be on the Lakeland Center on Saturday, April 1 as stars from around the globe converge in Central Florida for SUPERCARD OF HONOR XI. Top competitors from Ring of Honor, New Japan Pro-Wrestling and CMLL will do battle in the biggest night of hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face action in Ring of Honor history!

The ROH Executive Committee has already announced two big matches and first-time appearances from New Japan and CMLL stars, and now is excited to announce that CMLL luchadoras La Amapola and Marcela will compete in a Women of Honor showcase at Supercard of Honor!

La Amapola and Marcela are two of the greatest female competitors ever in CMLL. La Amapola holds the record for longest CMLL World Women’s Championship reign, as she held the title for nearly four years between 2007 and 2011 before being defeated by Marcela.

Marcela has held the championship more times (four) and longer (1,639 days) than anyone. Having first won the title in 2005, her most recent reign ended last March after 336 days as champion.

La Amapola, a veteran of nearly 20 years, is not shy about bending the rules. She engaged in a long rivalry with the popular Dark Angel that began in 2005 and sparked renewed interest in CMLL’s women’s division.

Marcela, began her career in 1985 at just 14 years old. One of the most popular female stars in CMLL, she also has wrestled in Japan.

The inclusion of La Amapola and Marcela on Supercard of Honor continues the relationship between ROH and CMLL. It was previously announced that CMLL star Volador Jr. would appear on the card.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Yawn.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brada wrote:Yawn.
You've seen them wreslte?

by twitter they are good but not great.
Last edited by monster mafia on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Indy Style

Ugh. When I hoped for more announcements, it wasn't for another WOH match no one will give a damn about. I just hope the next one is actually interesting.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Wasn't it announced that they were doing a WOH show a few hours before the main Supercard of Honor XI show? They could just be working that show.