NWA Ring Warriors invading Showdown in the Sun Day 1

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
EcwHardCore07

NWA Ring Warriors invading Showdown in the Sun Day 1

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra2HqLfD ... pw&lf=plcp
the winner of that cage match with Bruce Santee and Titan on that show will face someone ROH on Day 1
Last edited by EcwHardCore07 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marketh.

Re: NWA Ring Warriors invading Showdown in the Sun Day 1

Post by Marketh. »

Is he talking about Day 1? It sounds like this is all happening at the NWA show.
Last Real Man Hype
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Marketh. wrote:Is he talking about Day 1? It sounds like this is all happening at the NWA show.
No the winner of that cage match with Bruce Santee and Titan on that show will face someone ROH on Day 1 listin to the promo again
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I meant the Pearce match, which Cornette has hyped me up for big time with that promo. Is that Day 1 too?
Last Real Man Hype
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Marketh. wrote:I meant the Pearce match, which Cornette has hyped me up for big time with that promo. Is that Day 1 too?
No its on that NWA show on Thuresday
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

I like this idea of ROH working with the NWA, and I wouldn't be surprised if down the road ROH became sanctioned by the NWA in some form. The NWA has lost in way over the past 15 plus years, and working with ROH could make it relevant once again for old farts like me
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

HarpoonIPA wrote:I like this idea of ROH working with the NWA, and I wouldn't be surprised if down the road ROH became sanctioned by the NWA in some form. The NWA has lost in way over the past 15 plus years, and working with ROH could make it relevant once again for old farts like me
ROH will never make NWA relevant again and ROH does not need them for anything more than a little cross promotion between feds. Even TNA couldnt wait to drop them because the NWA wanted control over who had the titles. As great a history NWA have they have never been able to move along with the times and would only hinder ROH if they were to become an NWA affiliate.
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Well, considering that organization died, R.I.P, 25 (18 + 7) years ago ;), I don't see ROH working with them, but it wouldn't hurt.. right?

Oh, wait.. The Big Bang.. that main event... ugh.. the nightmares!
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

has anyone ever see Santee wrestle? i was wondering how he is.
astoph

Post by astoph »

Well, maybe a working relationship between ROH and NWA could lead to some future signings. I think we all agree the roster needs it. You really never know who could be out there.
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

ROH have already tried a working relationship with the NWA, he was called Adam Pearce.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

Ugh, this is a complete waste of time. Cornette needs to join the ROH fanbase in the 21st Century.
WrestlingMatters

astoph wrote:Well, maybe a working relationship between ROH and NWA could lead to some future signings. I think we all agree the roster needs it. You really never know who could be out there.
I'd rather not sign anyone if it's gonna be the likes of Ciampa, Bennett and Mondo.
astoph

Post by astoph »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:ROH have already tried a working relationship with the NWA, he was called Adam Pearce.
...and it would hurt the current product to try again a few years later???
astoph

Post by astoph »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
astoph wrote:Well, maybe a working relationship between ROH and NWA could lead to some future signings. I think we all agree the roster needs it. You really never know who could be out there.
I'd rather not sign anyone if it's gonna be the likes of Ciampa, Bennett and Mondo.
So...umm...ahhhh...your solution...ummm...do nothing? Make no attempt at all?
WrestlingMatters

astoph wrote:So...umm...ahhhh...your solution...ummm...do nothing? Make no attempt at all?
My solution would be to watch as much Indy stuff as possible and try out as many young (Crowbar and Ricky Reyes clearly don't fit the bill) and potentially talented wrestlers as possible. Also not let great talent like El Generico and Jimmy Jacobs go for no reason. The only one who can have that solution is Jim Cornette and his recruitments so far have been utterly useless.
Nice Guy Eddie

Post by Nice Guy Eddie »

WrestlingMatters wrote:Ugh, this is a complete waste of time. Cornette needs to join the ROH fanbase in the 21st Century.
I think Jim Cornette is more of a hindrance than anything else in 2012. It's really hard to progress when the guy in charge is stuck in the 80's. I thought it was bad enough w/ Pearce booking. I thought w/ Delirious as the head booker, things would have gotten closer to what they were when Gabe was booking. As much as Cornette has done for wrestling in the past, I don't think ROH can progress until he's gone.
WrestlingMatters

Nice Guy Eddie wrote:I think Jim Cornette is more of a hindrance than anything else in 2012. It's really hard to progress when the guy in charge is stuck in the 80's. I thought it was bad enough w/ Pearce booking. I thought w/ Delirious as the head booker, things would have gotten closer to what they were when Gabe was booking. As much as Cornette has done for wrestling in the past, I don't think ROH can progress until he's gone.
Absolutely agree. Sadly the fact is that Cornette got this Sinclair deal and is buddied up to Joe Koff so I don't see him going any time in the near future. He's basically worked his way into the boss who calls all the shots and Koff will let him do whatever he wants. What Cornette wants is an old style company from an era he remembers being a part of and not the type of progressive thinking the real ROH fans want. The same fans that got this company to where it is today by getting the best possible talent and putting on the quality of wrestling that no one else in the world could replicate. Hell, Smoky Mountain was outdated in the mid-90's and he expects the ROH demographic (which isn't old fans from the 80's finally coming back to watching wrestling but 18-34 males) to watch an extremely outdated presentation of wrestling.
astoph

Post by astoph »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
astoph wrote:So...umm...ahhhh...your solution...ummm...do nothing? Make no attempt at all?
My solution would be to watch as much Indy stuff as possible and try out as many young (Crowbar and Ricky Reyes clearly don't fit the bill) and potentially talented wrestlers as possible. Also not let great talent like El Generico and Jimmy Jacobs go for no reason.
Exactly. And working with smaller promotions is a great way to accomplish this imo. No excuse for Generico and Jacobs though.
WrestlingMatters

astoph wrote:Exactly. And working with smaller promotions is a great way to accomplish this imo. No excuse for Generico and Jacobs though.
But NWA Ring Warriors? Really? I'll take it all back if the guy on the ROH show is any good but I don't see that happening especially knowing Cornette is in charge of bringing in talent.