NWA Ring Warriors invading Showdown in the Sun Day 1

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Re: NWA Ring Warriors invading Showdown in the Sun Day 1

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
rohfanAnthony wrote:Oh yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a guy that was in ROH before wwe come back(like Matt Sydal), but I'm talking about Kozlov or Masters. Guys like that should stay as far away from ROH as possible.
In Masters case, just because some has improved a lot, doesn't mean he's actually good now.
I know he isn't good now and that's why I hope he stays as far from ROH as possible.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

187_Joeism wrote:Talking about the OVW guys i don´t get why people are so negative with them ROH only use this gus as jobbers, is not like them push them over the ROH talent or something like that
But they're not jobbers and that's the problem. They're unknown wrestlers to the audience and they're having competetive matches with the ROH guys, it's makes the ROH guys look weak.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Talking about the OVW guys i don´t get why people are so negative with them ROH only use this gus as jobbers, is not like them push them over the ROH talent or something like that
But they're not jobbers and that's the problem. They're unknown wrestlers to the audience and they're having competetive matches with the ROH guys, it's makes the ROH guys look weak.
Tell me an example of competitive match against ROH guys. Silvio vs Cole for example was a match that showcase Cole offense i don´t think Cole looked weak there.
WrestlingMatters

Perkins vs. Mondo was dominated by Mondo. In fact TJP against any OVW guy he's wrestled hasn't made him seem credible at all. Also, the OVW guys aren't good at all.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Perkins is an underdog what´s the point on him dominating Mondo for example?
WrestlingMatters

187_Joeism wrote:Perkins is an underdog what´s the point on him dominating Mondo for example?
Why does a babyface have to get dominated? Are we in the 80's? Also because the OVW guys aren't on every show what is the point in making them look as good as your signed talent roster?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I don´t say all babyface have to get dominate but in this case is the right thing to do with the size of both wrestlers. Apart from that one of best Perkins matches in ROH was working that style vs Elgin.
WrestlingMatters

187_Joeism wrote:I don´t say all babyface have to get dominate but in this case is the right thing to do with the size of both wrestlers. Apart from that one of best Perkins matches in ROH was working that style vs Elgin.
Perkins is a great all-around wrestler that is way too good to be a plucky underdog. Mondo isn't much bigger than TJ and Elgin is 250, quite the difference.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

Needless to say...I don't want a working agreement with OVW or NWA. Bring in the NOAH talent and give the fans what they've wanted for years now.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I prefer an agreement with CHIKARA more than any NOAH guy to be honest
WrestlingMatters

Mr. Small Package wrote:Needless to say...I don't want a working agreement with OVW or NWA. Bring in the NOAH talent and give the fans what they've wanted for years now.
Giving the long time fans what they want doesn't seem to be something Cornette is interested in doing.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
Mr. Small Package wrote:Needless to say...I don't want a working agreement with OVW or NWA. Bring in the NOAH talent and give the fans what they've wanted for years now.
Giving the long time fans what they want doesn't seem to be something Cornette is interested in doing.
It doesn't appear that way, no. I like the involvement of CHIKARA, but I feel like it's going to be a one and done sort of deal.
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Four-time NWA World's Heavyweight Champion "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce responds to James E. Cornette just 10 days before NWA Ring Warriors' "Battle of the Belts" event in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Should Pearce retain the title through a Canadian tour this coming weekend, he is scheduled to defend versus a Ring of Honor challenger of Cornette's choosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MtJsczbnKw

----------
I would love to see it be Adam Cole :D
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
adam08

Post by adam08 »

HarpoonIPA wrote:Four-time NWA World's Heavyweight Champion "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce responds to James E. Cornette just 10 days before NWA Ring Warriors' "Battle of the Belts" event in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Should Pearce retain the title through a Canadian tour this coming weekend, he is scheduled to defend versus a Ring of Honor challenger of Cornette's choosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MtJsczbnKw

----------
I would love to see it be Adam Cole :D

That is who I think it is to. It would be the Battle of the Adam's accept i'm better than both of those Adam's lol