Dave Meltzer confirms WWE is raiding NJPW; ROH star included

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SeanWrestling

Re: Dave Meltzer confirms WWE is raiding NJPW; ROH star incl

Post by SeanWrestling »

I don't understand why the E sign all of these world class talents just to water down their styles and have them all wrestle alike with the exception of maybe one or two moves. It's like they're just doing this because they can and it sucks. They're monopolizing wrestling.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Matt Sydal just teased he has more than one contract offer on the table. He could be playing, but then again, he may not.

I don't see WWE having interest in him considering, you know, he did Colt's podcast and told an entire story about taking drugs. Won't do too well on the wellness policy. I'd put my money on ROH and TNA, but LU and New Japan are possible. I'd like it to be ROH, obviously, but even if its New Japan he could probably still work for ROH ala The Bucks with ROH and New Japan. Guess we'll see.
If he has an offer from WWE, I can't see it being a Main Roster spot, since Neville has already filled in the spot that Sydal used to have. If it's a WWE deal, I would think it's for NXT. It could be Lucha Underground, but if it was, I don't think he'd be working there until they start filming Season 3, since they're doing Ultima Lucha 2 at the end of this month. Hopefully it's a deal with New Japan or ROH.

The announcement of the ACH/Alex Shelley vs. Young Bucks had me thinking more about Sydal, since the write-up on that match seemed to be pushing the ACH/Shelley team.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

SeanWrestling wrote:I don't understand why the E sign all of these world class talents just to water down their styles and have them all wrestle alike with the exception of maybe one or two moves. It's like they're just doing this because they can and it sucks. They're monopolizing wrestling.
Bingo.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

It is what it is. The one guy I'm torn on is Nakamura. On one hand he's done all he can do in New Japan, but I really think this WWE gig can backfire. Regardless, I think the guy is fucking awesome and hope he succeeds.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Burnside wrote:
AssShooter wrote:Apparently, WWE is interested in Elgin now.
Where is this being reported?
PWTorch:

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/01/08/ ... an-or-wwe/
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I would be shocked if Elgin left. He finally has broken into New Japan and seems quite happy. With the 3 gaijin leaving there it would be an even bigger opening now more than ever.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:I would be shocked if Elgin left. He finally has broken into New Japan and seems quite happy. With the 3 gaijin leaving there it would be an even bigger opening now more than ever.
Yeah, I would be as well. I know he said a few years ago (don't know if it was his exact wording) that he wanted to win the ROH World Title & wrestle for New Japan before looking elsewhere, but I don't think anyone could have anticipated how over he's gotten in such a short period. It would be weird for him not to just leave after starting to get big over there. Plus, with people leaving, that potentially opens up spots for him, positioning wise.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Pro Wrestling Sheet is now reporting that Bad Luck Fale has signed a two-year contract with New Japan:

http://prowrestlingsheet.com/bad-luck-f ... wwe-talks/
One of the founding members of the Bullet Club is staying put in NJPW … Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Bad Luck Fale just inked a two-year contract, despite interest from WWE.

Sources close to the situation tell us Fale had discussions with WWE about jumping ship, but in the end decided he had more to prove in New Japan before moving on.

Unclear how far along talks with WWE went, but we’re told Bad Luck is looking to conquer NJPW’s main event scene now that he’s signed for two more years.

As we previously reported, NJPW/ROH star Rocky Romero also signed a two-year contract this week — not the company’s standard one-year deal — and it seems like the sudden loss of AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura may have had something to do with the length changes.
Fale had this to say about the news:
The Underboss - Bad Luck Fale

There has been a lot of speculation around my future. I have had offers from all corners, and a lot of people telling me what to do. But as always I've always blocked out outside voices and stayed true to myself. I am someone who stays true to myself. I believe in integrity, honesty and loyalty. And it's those principles that have swayed my decision. I will stay with NJPW because they believed in me when I was nobody. That means more than anything materialistic. I look forward to the future and appreciate the opportunity that I have had and that I have been given. Bullet Club for life!!!!
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@jeremybotter 22h22 hours ago
Have been told WWE licensed the rights to "Subconscious," the @ShinsukeN theme song from NJPW. Will be great if tue.
@jeremybotter 22h22 hours ago
If WWE is allowing @ShinsukeN to keep his theme music, there's a good chance they are letting him bje himself. Which is great.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Shinsuke Nakamura stripped of the IWGP IC Title and confirmed as done in NJPW this month.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

supersonic wrote:Shinsuke Nakamura stripped of the IWGP IC Title and confirmed as done in NJPW this month.
That's lame.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

from I read announcement was returned or vacated not stripped.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

That's the same really. The point is he's not losing the title to anyone, which would've been much better
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah that sucks.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@Tama_Tonga 9h9 hours ago
Sorry to Bust.... #freeagent
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://pwinsider.com/article/98994/excl ... e.html?p=1
Japanese star Shinsuke Nakamura, who was stripped earlier this week of the IWGP Intercontinental championship by New Japan Pro Wrestling, will be coming to the United States for several weeks in early February to spend time at the WWE Performance Center, PWInsider.com has exclusively confirmed with a source in Japan.

According to the source, Nakamura will be training at the WWE Performance Center in Winter Park, FL and will also undergo medical testing (I would assume in Pittsburgh, where such testing is usually done) that, if he passes it, would clear Nakamura to sign with WWE.

As PWInsider.com noted last week, Nakamura reached out to WWE about their interest in signing him in early 2015. By the time the company responded, he had already signed a one year deal with NJPW. Nakamura will be finishing up with New Japan later this month.

Nakamura, 35, is considered one of the most charismatic talents in New Japan. He is three time IWGP Heavyweight champion and a five time IWGP Intercontinental champion.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Realized there is a slight possibility of Balor Club (or at least Anderson) debut in Chicago at the NXT show. Anderson and Gallows are booked Friday night in Milwaukee with BCW. I think Gallows has another booking Saturday, but Anderson looks to be free and in the area.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Realized there is a slight possibility of Balor Club (or at least Anderson) debut in Chicago at the NXT show. Anderson and Gallows are booked Friday night in Milwaukee with BCW. I think Gallows has another booking Saturday, but Anderson looks to be free and in the area.
That can't happen. Anderson is still under contract with New Japan until 1/31.
bigz38

Post by bigz38 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:Realized there is a slight possibility of Balor Club (or at least Anderson) debut in Chicago at the NXT show. Anderson and Gallows are booked Friday night in Milwaukee with BCW. I think Gallows has another booking Saturday, but Anderson looks to be free and in the area.
That can't happen. Anderson is still under contract with New Japan until 1/31.
Just watch him be backstage, with Balor and Anderson doing a basic selfie during the show.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

A new report suggests Anderson and Gallows won't be in NXT till early March.