Interesting Points in Today's Newswire

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Interesting Points in Today's Newswire

Post by TYFDK »

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/march-15th-newswire

- An energetic high flying insectoid grappler is scheduled to compete on March 31st in Ft Lauderdale.

- ROH officials received a message recently that simply said “La Revancha”! More details this weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV.

- ROH officials plan on going ALL OUT for our return to Toronto on May 12th at the Ted Reeve Arena! All Championships will be defended and there are rumors that a wrestling legend is scheduled to appear! We promise that this will be one of the biggest ROH events of all time… so get your tickets NOW! This is one to go out of your way to see LIVE regardless of the distance.
187_Joeism

Re: Interesting Points in Today's Newswire

Post by 187_Joeism »

TYFDK wrote:- An energetic high flying insectoid grappler is scheduled to compete on March 31st in Ft Lauderdale.
Edit: I don´t read the insectoid part, ¿Somebody from The Colony?
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

TYFDK wrote:An energetic high flying insectoid grappler is scheduled to compete on March 31st in Ft Lauderdale.
I hope it's Fire Ant, easily the best from The Colony.
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

I believe it's going to be Fire Ant, which is going to be good. I really like all three of The Colony, and Fire Ant is a lot of fun to watch.

Also, La Revancha means The Rematch. The only thing I can think of is El Generico.
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

TYFDK wrote:https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/march-15th-newswire

-- ROH officials plan on going ALL OUT for our return to Toronto on May 12th at the Ted Reeve Arena! All Championships will be defended and there are rumors that a wrestling legend is scheduled to appear! We promise that this will be one of the biggest ROH events of all time… so get your tickets NOW! This is one to go out of your way to see LIVE regardless of the distance.
Now that is what I'm talking about, loving this!!!
I guess that pretty much confirms that Supercard of Honor VII will be that Toronot show! And I gotta afmit, I am damn intrigued by that statement. I don't think ROH officials would explicitely promise this will be one of the biggest ROH shows ever, if they didn't have an ace up their sleeves. Maybe the war with Chikara is continuing?
Anybdy got an idea what legend they might refer to? Hart again?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

If all 3 titles will be defended in Toronto then it must be a televised event. Remember they said the tv title will only be defended on tv? Maybe May 12 will be the next ippv after the Miami shows.

If Bret Hart isn't under a wwe deal, I can see him being the wrestling legend. Maybe Rick Martel or Jacques Rougeau(Steen's trainer).
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I've not seen much Chikara but from what I have seen, the Colony are awesome. One of the ants against TJP could be insanely awesome.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Bret Hart managing Harry Smith in Toronto would be something cool for example
astoph

Post by astoph »

WrestlingMatters wrote:
TYFDK wrote:An energetic high flying insectoid grappler is scheduled to compete on March 31st in Ft Lauderdale.
I hope it's Fire Ant, easily the best from The Colony.
Same. But I love the entire Colony. Soldier Ant trips me out with all the saluting!
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

Fire Ant is easily the best of the Colony and one of the best in Chikara.

Go watch any of his 12 Large Singles Matches
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

I'd be happy to see any of The Colony compete in ROH.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Mr. Small Package wrote:I'd be happy to see any of The Colony compete in ROH.
Having watched 3 CHIKARA shows this past week Id also agree with this. Have been very impressed with them.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
TYFDK wrote:https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/march-15th-newswire

-- ROH officials plan on going ALL OUT for our return to Toronto on May 12th at the Ted Reeve Arena! All Championships will be defended and there are rumors that a wrestling legend is scheduled to appear! We promise that this will be one of the biggest ROH events of all time… so get your tickets NOW! This is one to go out of your way to see LIVE regardless of the distance.
Now that is what I'm talking about, loving this!!!
I guess that pretty much confirms that Supercard of Honor VII will be that Toronot show! And I gotta afmit, I am damn intrigued by that statement. I don't think ROH officials would explicitely promise this will be one of the biggest ROH shows ever, if they didn't have an ace up their sleeves. Maybe the war with Chikara is continuing?
Anybdy got an idea what legend they might refer to? Hart again?
I'll bet the farm they are talking about Lance Storm wrestling in Toronto one last time!
ROHWorld_Jon
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Jon »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:I've not seen much Chikara but from what I have seen, the Colony are awesome. One of the ants against TJP could be insanely awesome.
Green Ant vs TJP would be amazing!
Teenage Mutant Nana Turtle
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Mother of all bold statements! Holy crap. ROH has now got to do something amazing in Toronto. Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen for starters! What else can they do?
Mr. Orange

Post by Mr. Orange »

I think that Steen v. Richards should be done at whatever the return date for Toronto is. So like August or September? I think that would be good. I would still like a Summer's worth of Title defenses from Davey against a bunch of guys. Perkins, Cole, O'reilly, Elgin, and even guys like Jay Briscoe or one of the Young Bucks. Davey's reign has been slightly underwhelming so they should try to make this second half a little bit better for him. I would have Steen challenge Davey at the May Toronto show after whatever match Davey is in to a match at the return date to begin hyping it up. Also Fire Ant would be a great addition. And lastly I don't want Generico to leave after SITS =(
DanielBryanson

Post by DanielBryanson »

Mr. Orange wrote: I would still like a Summer's worth of Title defenses from Davey against a bunch of guys. Perkins, Cole, O'reilly, Elgin, and even guys like Jay Briscoe or one of the Young Bucks. Davey's reign has been slightly underwhelming so they should try to make this second half a little bit better for him.
Agreed.
"God, we have some dumb fans!" (Steve Corino)
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Betting on Fire Ant and Lance Storm
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I doubt they would have made such of a meal of it if it was going to be Storm again.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I'd be alittle letdown if the wrestling legend was Lance Storm. And I like Lance Storm.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.