ROH on HDNet

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
tlova86

ROH on HDNet

Post by tlova86 »

has anyone brought any of the Best of HDNet DVD??? If so, are they worth the money???
KinjiMuto

Re: ROH on HDNet

Post by KinjiMuto »

I'm actually wondering this also... the complete pack vol 1-10 is intriguing to me but idk
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

I bought one, I think it was Volume Six. They're pretty good but just literally a bunch of matches and nothing else. Check the matches and if they appeal to you then you can't go wrong.
KinjiMuto

Post by KinjiMuto »

That's honestly my only concern is match quality... if it is indeed good, Ill snag em
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Hi mate,

My website has reviews of every HDNet episode posted so if you're looking at the match listings and struggling to decide which to get then feel free to check it out. Honestly, whilst the entire HDNet venture ended up being slightly underwhelming - the best of DVD's are collections of really decent matches in my opinion

http://mcxalsreviews.yolasite.com
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

I stopped buying after volume 4, nothing spectacular. If you are a ringside member you can watch the first 44 episodes at least online. There is no build ups or prematch interviews on the dvds so the matches just seem throwaway
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

If match quality is your primary concern then I think you will enjoy them. Some volumes are better than others but it is well worth owning all ten volumes. You'll see hours and hours of great wrestling. I own them all already but I think buying all ten volumes is a great deal. Once they are gone I bet they'll be really hard to get as well.
Thumbtack Matt

Post by Thumbtack Matt »

I own all ten volumes, and don't regret it. At worst, you're getting two hours or so of snappy wrestling matches, and every once in a while, you get an absolute gem, like Black/Richards III or Lynn/Aries/Black/Danielson. They're nice to throw on and zone out to.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

Back when ROH had the DVD subscription packages, I got the HDNet DVDs. I like them, there are some good and rare matches there. I live in Europe, and I was not able to see the TV show on HDNet.

I haven't picked up volume 10 yet, but I will. It's the only one I don't have.
astoph

Post by astoph »

KinjiMuto wrote:I'm actually wondering this also... the complete pack vol 1-10 is intriguing to me but idk
I purchased this during a combo pack sale. Pretty good set for the price imo.