Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (Live Events) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (Live Events) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here are the rest of the matches for Asheville:
The ROH WINTER WARRIORS TOUR rolls on through January! On Friday, January 22nd, we make our long-awaited return to Asheville, NC area for a huge Ring of Honor live event. All of your favorite ROH stars will be there, alongside some international guests!

KENNY KING versus MICHAEL ELGIN

One of the hottest stars in tag team wrestling goes one-on-one with #BIGMIKE! KENNY KING shocked the world by returning to Ring of Honor at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII! With RHETT TITUS, King reformed the ALL NIGHT EXPRESS and the two became number one contenders for the ROH World Tag Team championships at FINAL BATTLE!

At the same event, “UNBREAKABLE” MICHAEL ELGIN defeated MOOSE to become number one contender to the ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! While Elgin came up short in his attempt to cash in at the Tokyo Dome at WRESTLEKINGDOM 10, Elgin looks to continue to climb the ladder toward another shot at the championship! The two have crossed paths in tag team action but in Asheville, these two competitors will lock horns for the VERY FIRST TIME!

CEDRIC ALEXANDER versus KYLE O’REILLY

CEDRIC ALEXANDER pursuit of singles’ gold has recently been derailed at the hands of JONATHAN GRESHAM! Gresham has gotten under the skin of the only man to defeat MOOSE twice in singles competition after his huge, upset win! Alexander’s mettle will be tested in Asheville when he faces three-time former ROH World Tag Team champion and top ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP contender KYLE O’REILLY!

O’Reilly heads to Asheville with the taste of defeat still sour in his mouth from his controversial loss to former ROH World Champion ADAM COLE at FINAL BATTLE! O’Reilly and Alexander have familiarity from the battles of reDRagon and C&C Wrestlefactory but have not competed against one another in almost over two years! Will VEDA SCOTT’s influence and Alexander’s new attitude be enough to propel Alexander to a signature win in Asheville?

SILAS YOUNG versus BOBBY FISH

“THE LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG is on the biggest roll of his career but he heads into 2016 with an empty heart! Despite winning the battle against DALTON CASTLE at FINAL BATTLE, Young lost the war when THE BOYS rejoined Castle following Young’s victory. Young has been unstoppable in singles and tag team competition with the BEER CITY BRUISER and looks to continue his winning ways against BOBBY FISH!

Fish enters 2016 as a man dejected but determined. After believing he defeated RODERICK STRONG at FINAL BATTLE for the ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE, Fish has decided to make Strong’s life a living hell, confronting him about his tap out at every opportunity!

Young and Fish are jockeying for both singles and tag team success and look to interject themselves into the championship picture with a victory in Asheville. The two are no strangers to each other, as avid fans of RING OF HONOR will remember their brief pairing against The YOUNG BUCKS and STEEN & GENERICO but will meet for the VERY FIRST TIME in singles competition in ASHEVILLE!

FRANKIE KAZARIAN versus MOOSE

The “HEAVY METAL REBEL” FRANKIE KAZARIAN and MOOSE meet for the FIRST TIME in ASHEVILLE, NC! Kazarian has been searching for clues to expose a supposed conspiracy in ROH but his investigation may end for good against the former NFL star! Moose had the biggest year of his career in 2015 under the tutelage of STOKELY HATHAWAY and is looking to start off his year with a victory over the former ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION! Through raw strength and explosiveness, Moose has disposed of opponents with ease but the savvy Kazarian undoubtedly will have the new comer scouted well! Who will come out on top in Asheville in bout?

4 CORNER SURVIVAL Rhett Titus vs. Caprice Coleman vs. Adam Page vs. Dalton Castle w/ The Boys

And finally, in Asheville, four men that made their mark in 2015 have been signed for a WILD FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH! RHETT TITUS returned at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII with KENNY KING and immediately inserted the duo in the heart of the deepest tag team division in the history of ROH! CAPRICE COLEMAN ended 2015 with an extensive string of victories at live events and on ROH television, displaying a previously unseen killer instinct potentially driven by influence derived from PRINCE NANA’s envelopes! ADAM PAGE had a signature victory over ACH at DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR and took JAY BRISCOE to the limit while DALTON CASTLE is rejuvenated with THE BOYS back in tow! Bodies and limbs will be flying in this FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH that could have huge ROH WORLD TV TITLE contendership implications!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: KENNY KING versus MICHAEL ELGIN

One of the hottest stars in tag team wrestling goes one-on-one with #BIGMIKE! KENNY KING shocked the world by returning to Ring of Honor at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII! With RHETT TITUS, King reformed the ALL NIGHT EXPRESS and the two became number one contenders for the ROH World Tag Team championships at FINAL BATTLE!

At the same event, “UNBREAKABLE” MICHAEL ELGIN defeated MOOSE to become number one contender to the ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! While Elgin came up short in his attempt to cash in at the Tokyo Dome at WRESTLEKINGDOM 10, Elgin looks to continue to climb the ladder toward another shot at the championship! The two have crossed paths in tag team action but in Asheville, these two competitors will lock horns for the VERY FIRST TIME!
Wait... I thought the title shot Elgin got at the Tokyo Dome was for winning SOTF? Does he still have the SOTF title shot?
DXvsNWO1994 wrote: 4 CORNER SURVIVAL Rhett Titus vs. Caprice Coleman vs. Adam Page vs. Dalton Castle w/ The Boys

And finally, in Asheville, four men that made their mark in 2015 have been signed for a WILD FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH! RHETT TITUS returned at ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII with KENNY KING and immediately inserted the duo in the heart of the deepest tag team division in the history of ROH! CAPRICE COLEMAN ended 2015 with an extensive string of victories at live events and on ROH television, displaying a previously unseen killer instinct potentially driven by influence derived from PRINCE NANA’s envelopes! ADAM PAGE had a signature victory over ACH at DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR and took JAY BRISCOE to the limit while DALTON CASTLE is rejuvenated with THE BOYS back in tow! Bodies and limbs will be flying in this FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH that could have huge ROH WORLD TV TITLE contendership implications!
How can ANY match have TV Title contendership implications if anyone can get a title match pretty much whenever they want?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Saw it more as Elgin is attempting to get back into contention.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Sure, but I took it as the Elgin vs. Moose match at FB was a #1 contender's match, which I believe was true at some point to be fair (Kalamazoo taping probably), but not anymore after Elgin won SOTF a few weeks later.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

My point is that there appears to be some confusion over an issue that there should not be confusion over.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just signed for Atlanta!!!!! :shock:

Big Red Machine

Now THAT looks like a match can really deliver!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I love the ACH/Shelley/Sydal trio, and Elgin/ReDRagon have teamed before and they did alright too. This one should steal the show.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

This match looks off the charts on paper. I hope it delivers.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So, on paper, how do people think this Atlanta card compares to the one from last February? I think it has the potential to be a very strong card. This year you do have the advantage of all three ROH titles being on the line (which, as far as ROH live events go, seems to be a rarity these days), and a Six-Man Tag that, as mentioned above, could steal the show.

Also, with the news of the large snowstorm that's coming to the East Coast this weekend, I'm wondering if this will have any effect on the shows, particularly Asheville (more so talents getting to the shows than the shows themselves taking place).
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The first card was great. The main event, the Tag Team Armageddon match, was crazy. AJ Styles was there, Matt Sydal and Delirious revisited their classic feud, Moose had a hometown welcome, with one of his former Atlanta Falcons team mate accompanying him ringside, Corey Hollis and Jonathan Gresham's match was really exciting before it turned into a tag match, hell even the pre-show match was fun.

Saturday's card has so much potential. Obviously that six-man tag will blow the roof off the place, you have the Bullet Club in full effect on the show, all three titles on the line as you mentioned, a Women of Honor match that should be tight, another 6MM, the oddball Cheeseburger/Moose team, a hometown veteran facing one of the hottest stars in the company. They really try to make the Atlanta shows really, really good.

EDIT: Sike, women's match is Friday, not Saturday.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

It's not going to be snowing anywhere near Duluth.
WHG

Post by WHG »

January & Feb shows are always tricky with weather. The Atlanta show will be in a better spot because everyone should already be in Asheville. They usually run into issues when guys are traveling same-day from a cold weather city. If anyone has problems they'll likely be able to get to Atlanta the following day.
Big Red Machine

There is potential in the Atlanta card, but based on how recent Bucks matches have gone and how Matt's singles matches went back in September, I am quite worried about the Jacksons' singles matches (in particular the Lethal match, as Lethal matches also tend to have too many shenanigans for my liking).
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Is Silas Young really on a roll? If he is it's the first I've heard of it.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

trufreedom wrote:I don't think this will be your last chance, honestly. I doubt he retires with the WWE.
And I doubt he'll ever go back to TNA. If WWE doesn't work I fully expect him back in ROH and New Japan.
Big Red Machine

The Dragon Saga wrote:Is Silas Young really on a roll? If he is it's the first I've heard of it.
That's code for "on the roster."
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Big Red Machine wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:Is Silas Young really on a roll? If he is it's the first I've heard of it.
That's code for "on the roster."
DOC GALLOWS: How's your career going?
MIKE KNOX: It's going really great, except the complete fucking opposite.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

The forecast is snow for Asheville and rain in Atlanta . I would imagine the crew would fly into the ATL and drive up to Asheville. If it snows in the North Carolina mountains it would be wise to postpone the Asheville show and just run the ATL . The roads can be treacherous in the NC mountains. Not worth the risk.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/roh ... rns-205991

Meltzer:
ROH talent was told tonight that Friday night's show in Fletcher, NC, just outside of Asheville, was being canceled due to concerns regarding the weather.

The show was to be headlined by The Bullet Club of Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson & The Young Bucks facing the Champions, Jay Lethal & Roderick Strong & War Machine. Because Gallows & Anderson's final match with the promotion is Saturday night in suburban Atlanta, it looks like they won't be able to make up that match.

The lone show this weekend will be the Saturday night show featuring the farewell of A.J. Styles to the promotion.

As reported earlier this month, Styles, Gallows and Anderson are headed to WWE.

For more and this and the rest of today's news Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio later tonight!