Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (Live Events) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
theskeep

Re: Official Winter Warriors Tour 2016 (Live Events) Thread

Post by theskeep »

Thelone wrote:Because it was such an herculean task ? I mean, those guys have been wrestling each other for six months straight at this point.
It's a well written preview. You're from Belgium? Stick to waffles bro. Or go complain on livejournal, ain't nobody wanna hear that shit.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

theskeep wrote:
It's a well written preview. You're from Belgium? Stick to waffles bro. Or go complain on livejournal, ain't nobody wanna hear that shit.
And now I want a waffle. And it's 10:30 and I don't want to drive to an all night diner. And now I said 'all night' which reminds me of ANX, and I don't like them. Maybe I'll get lucky and the YB will turn on them and superkick their heads off. I know they had a feud back in '12, but the YB could win it this time around.
DieHard

Post by DieHard »

theskeep wrote:
Thelone wrote:Because it was such an herculean task ? I mean, those guys have been wrestling each other for six months straight at this point.
:lol:
MOOSE!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Early candidate for post of the year right there.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

theskeep wrote:It's a well written preview. You're from Belgium? Stick to waffles bro. Or go complain on livejournal, ain't nobody wanna hear that shit.
Was that supposed to be a sick burn of some kind ? Durr, you Belgians and your waffles, chocolates, beers and fries, amirite ? Just as creative and original as Delirious' booking.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

The Dragon Saga wrote:Early candidate for post of the year right there.
If you're five years old and kinda stupid, I guess.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

good matches but damn they need to bring some new tag teams right now

lee & everett
hero & cabana

or create some new tag team like they did with redragon
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

THE BEST WRESTLING ON THE PLANET returns to Collinsville, IL for the first time in 2016 on Saturday January 16 at the The Gateway Center, 7:30 PM bell time! Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness has been hard at work crafting matches to determine championship defenses and challengers for Ring of Honor’s three championships while providing never-before-seen matches for the fans.

Our next match announced for Collinsville fits both of those descriptions!

DREAM TAG TEAM MATCH IN COLLINSVILLE

The YOUNG BUCKS are riding high after a very impressive win at New Japan’s WRESTLE KINGDOM 10, capturing the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championships in a high-flying, fast-paced four-way affair that saw them dispatch Matt Sydal and Ricochet, Roppongi Vice, and reDRagon to win the prestigious championships for the fourth time!

MATT and NICK JACKSON have told ROHWrestling.com that they intend to “host a #SUPERKICKPARTY” in Collinsville and have left an open invitation for any team in the world to challenge them in a non-title encounter. The brand-new team of the gravity-defying ACH and his tag team partner ALEX SHELLEY have answered the call and intend to crash the party!

The combination of ACH and Shelley was first seen in Ft. Lauderdale, FL when Shelley made his shocking in-ring return to ROH! The pair, despite teaming for the first time, showed a chemistry that demonstrated to both competitors that this is a team worth pursuing full-time! Teaming with MATT SYDAL at FINAL BATTLE a few weeks later, ACH and Shelley emerged victorious over the KRD!

ACH and Shelley are a relatively new pairing in ROH looking for their first signature win. They will be sure to take the Young Bucks to the limit just east of St. Louis in what has the potential to be an instant classic! Be sure to get your tickets now!

You can purchase tickets your tickets for ROH’s 2016 WINTER WARRIORS TOUR FOR SATURDAY JANUARY 16 at the GATEWAY CENTER by clicking here. Don’t miss THE BEST WRESTLING ON THE PLANET when it returns to Collinsville!

Ring of Honor Wrestling Presents
The Winter Warriors Tour '16
Saturday, January 16 - 7:30 pm Bell
Gateway Center
1 Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234

matches signed

RODERICK STRONG will defend the ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP

MOOSE vs ADAM COLE

DELIRIOUS vs DALTON CASTLE

signed to appear
ROH World Tag Team Champions War Machine (Ray Rowe & Hanson)
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly)
Alex Shelley
Frankie Kazarian
Adam Page w/ BJ Whitmer
All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)
"Pro Wrestling's Last Real Man" Silas Young

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Damn. Now I've seen it all on this board. Stereotyping a guy by his country. It would be one thing if Thelone was ripping on the product just to rip on it, but some of his points are spot on whether you like it or not. The guy doesn't imbibe in fucking ROH Kool Aid! Some guys on this board have carved niches for themselves: Supersonic is the Meltzer of the forum, Burnside is the ROH Booker, JT Cole is the NXT Flag Bearer, Big Red Machine is the anti-Ishii guy, and Thelone is the objective ROH guy (if I didn't mention you, don't feel slighted, I'm in the middle of the grocery store typing this on my fucking phone). Get some fucking perspective! His biggest rival on this forum Joeism187 never resorts to this shit and neither should you.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Why isn't Lethal advertised for Collinsville? And Sydal not advertised for a St. Louis area show is shocking.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

dhads7161 wrote:Why isn't Lethal advertised for Collinsville? And Sydal not advertised for a St. Louis area show is shocking.
Lethal is doing a UK tour in that date i think
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I'm actually going to one-up Thelone: I thought the article was pretty poorly written. That thing about " will the BUCKS be able to resist the urge to not #SUPERKICK their own partners to weaken the possibly newly crowned champions?"

First of all, you shouldn't be using hashtags randomly in a sentence in what is supposed to be an article or press release of whatever written for your official website.
Second, are we (or the Bucks, for that matter) supposed to believe that one superkick on this show would weaken someone significantly for a match that would take place, at the very least, a week away?
And the whole thing about the Bucks claiming that they deserve to be #1 contenders because they were the last team to pin ANX is idiotic because that all happened BEFORE ANX were the #1 contenders, and it's not like the Bucks haven't taken a bunch of losses recently either.

(oh, and that other article claiming that ACH & Shelley vs the Bucks is a "dream match?" In order for it to be a dream match, it has to be something someone has ever thought of seeing before)

My first impression upon seeing this match is that the teams are backwards: It should be ANX & Briscoes vs. War Machine & Young Bucks.... and after reading the article, I'm convinced that is what the match should be. It's like they booked this match to be parejas increibles with the draw of the match being "will the partner start fighting?" which is almost always an idiotic story, especially in a situation where there is nothing forcing them together other than a random booking decision, and nothing on the line to make us care if they start fighting each other.
Also, if the idea of this ANX vs. Bucks feud is supposed to be that the Bucks are the only team ANX hasn't beaten yet (and assuming that ANX are losing their title shot cleanly tonight) then wouldn't it just add to that story to have the Bucks on a team that beats ANX (again, I'm assuming that ANX will lose their title shot, which should also open them up to do the job here)?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: The guy doesn't imbibe in fucking ROH Kool Aid! .
This is like saying the wife who screams at her husband for breathing wrong is 'just not the quiet submissive type'. Err, no, she's a bitch. Likewise thelone is not some guy that refuses to go with the flow if he doesn't feel like it; he's a guy who bends over backwards to find the slightest thing 'wrong' at every opportunity, and then gleefully harangues upon it. That is not a 'not a Kool Aid drinker', that's someone that's actively trying find an excuse to shit on something every opportunity he gets, and tries to bring you down while doing it.

The only reason I would watch something I endlessly print such negative things about, to everyone around, is if I am deriving some perverse pleasure from doing it. Which honestly doesn't even sound all that healthy. Who the heck wants to be this guy, or even around him?

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Why does it have to be construed as Thelone being negative about the product? Maybe he has higher standards for what professional wrestling should be than most. Anyway you look at it, the guy provides an alternative view of thinking on this forum. Debate him all you want on the product, but insulting him based on where he is from is beyond moronic, it's sub-moronic. I know you didn't do that, but you would have to agree with me on that point.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Debate him all you want on the product, but insulting him based on where he is from is beyond moronic, it's sub-moronic. I know you didn't do that, but you would have to agree with me on that point.
Yes, I agree it was ridiculous. That was a case of 'it goes without saying' hence why I didn't say it. Sadly, country stereotyping has a rich history in wrestling, though. I would say the most painful example of a pleathora:

Finland? Really? Finland?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Yep. We can never get enough anti-Finland sentiment going. Kudos. I totally forgot about that.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

THE BEST WRESTLING ON THE PLANET returns to Collinsville, IL for the first time in 2016 on Saturday January 16 at the The Gateway Center, 7:30 PM bell time! Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness has been hard at work crafting matches to determine championship defenses and challengers for Ring of Honor’s three championships while providing never-before-seen matches for the fans.

Our next announced match is a FIRST-TIME, TAG TEAM BATTLE sure to have championship implications!

ALL NIGHT EXPRESS (KENNY KING & RHETT TITUS) versus reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly)

For the VERY FIRST TIME, the ALL NIGHT EXPRESS will meet reDRagon in Collinsville, IL as part of the 2016 WINTER WARRIORS Tour! This first-time encounter featuring a pair of former ROH World Tag Team Champions has an added wrinkle: should KING and TITUS capitalize on their World Tag Team title shot in Concord, NC, this bout could have championship implications!

ANX says that they are the rightful claimants of the tag team championships they never lost but their first tag team match after receiving their shot at ROH gold may be with a team that is breathing fire!

After FISH and O’REILLY lost the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight tag team championships in a four-way match in which they were not pinned or submitted, reDRagon are hot! Whether or not this bout becomes a ROH World Tag Team championship match, you can be sure The Two Man Smash Machine will be entering the match with violence on their minds!

Whether or not this bout will be for the ROH World Tag Team championships, Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness and other ROH officials have this FIRST TIME EVER match up pegged as one that will determine the tag team pecking order heading into 2016! Will ANX keep the party going in Collinsville or will they be Chasing the Dragon? Join us at THE GATEWAY CENTER on Saturday January 16 to find out!

You can purchase tickets your tickets for ROH’s 2016 WINTER WARRIORS TOUR FOR SATURDAY JANUARY 16 at the GATEWAY CENTER by clicking here. Don’t miss THE BEST WRESTLING ON THE PLANET when it returns to Collinsville!

Gateway Center
1 Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234

matches signed
ACH & ALEX SHELLEY versus THE YOUNG BUCKS

THE BRISCOES vs SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER

MOOSE vs ADAM COLE

signed to appear
Frankie Kazarian
Adam Page w/ BJ Whitmer

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

DBSommer wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Debate him all you want on the product, but insulting him based on where he is from is beyond moronic, it's sub-moronic. I know you didn't do that, but you would have to agree with me on that point.
Yes, I agree it was ridiculous. That was a case of 'it goes without saying' hence why I didn't say it. Sadly, country stereotyping has a rich history in wrestling, though. I would say the most painful example of a pleathora:

Finland? Really? Finland?
I think it was just a standard Euro-heel character who thinks he's better than all of America, the country being Finland had nothing to do with it. Sort of like Rusev but much more blatant and at least he's a pretty good worker unlike Borga.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:Image

Our next announced match is a FIRST-TIME, TAG TEAM BATTLE sure to have championship implications!

ALL NIGHT EXPRESS (KENNY KING & RHETT TITUS) versus reDRagon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly)

For the VERY FIRST TIME, the ALL NIGHT EXPRESS will meet reDRagon in Collinsville, IL as part of the 2016 WINTER WARRIORS Tour! This first-time encounter featuring a pair of former ROH World Tag Team Champions has an added wrinkle: should KING and TITUS capitalize on their World Tag Team title shot in Concord, NC, this bout could have championship implications!

ANX says that they are the rightful claimants of the tag team championships they never lost but their first tag team match after receiving their shot at ROH gold may be with a team that is breathing fire!

After FISH and O’REILLY lost the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight tag team championships in a four-way match in which they were not pinned or submitted, reDRagon are hot! Whether or not this bout becomes a ROH World Tag Team championship match, you can be sure The Two Man Smash Machine will be entering the match with violence on their minds!

Whether or not this bout will be for the ROH World Tag Team championships, Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness and other ROH officials have this FIRST TIME EVER match up pegged as one that will determine the tag team pecking order heading into 2016! Will ANX keep the party going in Collinsville or will they be Chasing the Dragon? Join us at THE GATEWAY CENTER on Saturday January 16 to find out!

Gateway Center
1 Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234

matches signed
ACH & ALEX SHELLEY versus THE YOUNG BUCKS

THE BRISCOES vs SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER

MOOSE vs ADAM COLE

signed to appear
Frankie Kazarian
Adam Page w/ BJ Whitmer

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
Spoiler: show
Okay... so who are you going to beat in this match? The guy going or the world title, the guy going for the TV Title, or the team going for the tag titles?
Bad booking.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Okay... so who are you going to beat in this match? The guy going or the world title, the guy going for the TV Title, or the team going for the tag titles?
Bad booking.
As opposed to a match where you know who's going to win based on them being the number one contender for the belt and the other guy/s not being contenders? Most people tend to like some unpredictibility. Besides, by the logic you're using, a #1 contender gains nothing by beating a #1 contender, a #1 contender only loses by losing to a #1 contender. Seems like one side would gain momentum while the other one loses, which is fine with me. Especially if ANX are the losers, since they really shouldn't be winning the titles.