Review for Aftershock: Las Vegas 2015

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DBSommer

Review for Aftershock: Las Vegas 2015

Post by DBSommer »

Here's a little review of the Aftershock '15: Las Vegas

Did like the addition of the mini-tourny for the TV title, even if the winners had to wrestle 2 matches and had to hold something back in the first ones

ROH TV Title #1 Contender Tournament:

Bobby Fish vs. Matt Taven

Liked this one and a definite good way to open up the show

***1/4

Women of Honor Match:

ODB vs. Nanae Takahashi

First time seeing Takahashi and she impressed. ODB held her own in the ring, making it probably the best WOH match since they revived the concept

Mark Briscoe vs. Christopher Daniels

Good, but the match wasn't as wild as it could have been since Daniels needed to wrestle later.

Frankie Kazarian vs. ACH

This one, eh, not so much. Did like the tale of him going after ACH's neck, then ACH selling it later in the night.

**1/2

Young Bucks vs. RPG Vice

The Vice are indeed looking better and better as time progresses and they get used to one another. While I did like Kozlov, Trent is a superior wrestler and partner to Rocky

***3/4

Silas Young vs. Willie Mack

Woo Hoo. The Mack in ROH. Nice, if brief match making me want to see Willie more, especially since SD cut him from PWG.

**3/4, but it's brief and that was all they could do in the time alloted.

The Kingdom (Adam Cole & Michael Bennettt) Vs. War Machine

***1/4

3 Way Elimination World TV Title #1 Contender Tournament:

Christopher Daniels vs. ACH vs. Bobby Fish

Nice little 3 way, especially since all the guys had wrestled earlier. I think Bobby showed his worth singles wise this night

***1/2

And this was probably what put me over the time

Vegas Wild Card Match:

Jay Lethal & Austin Aries & Moose vs. Jay Briscoe & Dalton Castle & Kyle O'Reilly

This was a fun match. Not over the top nuts, but every guy got his chance to shine, and it really is a one time only mix of talent. Even if only for one night, it was great to see Aries back

***3/4

Overall rating: While nothing was blow away, it was an all around good card right down to the women's match. One of the most solid outings for what was essentially a house show.