reDRagon contract extension update

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

reDRagon contract extension update

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
Contract negotiations for a new deal with Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly have stalled as the sides aren't close. There have been a few WWE wrestlers trying to recruit them, as right now NXT is looking to load up on workers for a more extensive schedule of big shows around the country in 2016 aiming at the same type of audience ROH draws from.
MooseNugget

Re: reDRagon contract extension update

Post by MooseNugget »

It would really suck it ROH lost Kyle O'Reilly. But maybe it is time for him to go. reDRagon both lost to Jay Lethal in one night and he's been around for almost six years now.

I'll also say if O'Reilly is asking for ROH main event money they should pay him that. I figure he'll be ROH World Champion next year or in 2017 if he stays.
Keith_from_MN

Post by Keith_from_MN »

Losing Kyle would be a big blow. Side note: who would have guessed 3 or 4 years ago that we'd be speculating on Bobby Fish joining WWE? Not that he's not talented, but always seemed like an indie lifer to me.
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

I feel O'Reilly's journey in ROH isn't over yet. He's still missing an ROH World Title run that I think would be fantastic.

Fish, in my opinion, won't go much further than he already has. He's reached his pinnacle.

I love them both as a team, but if they both sign, I would like to see them go separate ways and have O''Reilly become World Champion by Final Battle next year.
MooseNugget

Post by MooseNugget »

It would suck to see O'Reilly go. I do feel he's on the verge of being a main event guy in ROH. But whatever happens is up to him and Ring of Honor. They can't afford to keep everyone away from WWE and they shouldn't try to.

I love Bobby Fish. He was part of my favorite tag team the last several years. I would have been happy to have him as ROH World Television Champion. But he's not going to be a main event singles guy in ROH. Maybe that could change but I don't see that right now.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I'll believe they are going to WWE/NXT if it actually happens. Every single ROH name reported as having WWE interest this year has ended up re-signing with ROH.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I definitely believe WWE is interested, but I wonder if they realize that Bobby Fish is 39 years old.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

Burnside wrote:I definitely believe WWE is interested, but I wonder if they realize that Bobby Fish is 39 years old.
No doubt they have interest. I just don't believe theres a chance in hell of them leaving in the end.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

If WWE really wanted to sign them ROH has no chance no match any offer but WWE never went all out about signing Briscoes, Young Bucks, etc. so i can see them stay unless they took a gamble for less money in NXT.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Sinclair Broadcasting can match or beat any offer the WWE can offer ROH talent . The WWE is a really small company when compared to Sinclair . However , Sinclair won't match any offers that are out of line with the market, they won't get a return on their investment. ROH is business to make money for their shareholders , not fight a war with Vince McMahon.

If the WWE signs Kyle and Bobby it will be just to hurt ROH . The same tactics are always used by the McMahon when he took the Dudleys and Taz from ECW . Before that he took Ted DibIase , Jim Duggan , Jake Roberts and JYD from Mid-South in an effort to destroy the promotion. They are many examples of raiding promotions in an effort to destroy them. The talent are just pawns in Vince 's game

What will happen is if Kyle and Bobby sign with the WWE , ROH will just slide someone else into their spots and the business will continue like nothing happen. There are plenty of guys available to take their spots. People like Kenny Omega , Sami Callihan ,AR Fox,Karl Anderson , Chris Dickerson, any other NJPW/ NOAH North American talent and all the TNA that is coming off contracts . Plus all the guys going thur the ROH seminar fighting for a spot.

Plus McMahon accountants will tell him that have HHH start releasing talent in 3 to 6 months because their labor cost is too high. Then we will see see releases WWE/ NXT releases and ROH will have more talent available to sign.

As for the former ROH talent that are recruiting current ROH talent for the WWE. They are the ones that need to be careful . One day Tyler Black , Claudio Castagnoli , Kevin Steen , El Generico , Samoa Joe and company will be fired by Vince , he fires everyone in the end. These guys might not want to burn a bridge with ROH .
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I think Chris Dickerson should stay with that new name
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I think what has to be looked at here is reDRagon as a unit. I believe they're using NXT/WWE as leverage with SBG. These guys have done a great job building this team as an international success, not just domestically, not an easy thing to do. Fish knows how politics work in wrestling and as the elder statesman of the team is going to get the best deal for him and Kyle. I am fairly certain that they will make less money and freedom going to work for Vince. Right now they work New Japan and European dates building their brand. Will that brand be anywhere as successful going to Vince?
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Losing ReDRagon would suck, but ROH would go on. But could somebody explain to me how losing O'Reilly would be that big a deal? I'm sorry, but I have never seen anything in this guy that makes me think he'd make a good TV Champion, much less World Champion. As a tag wrestler, he's very good. I prefer him and Fish as heel tag team. But as a singles, he does nothing for me. He's got like ten moves that he does in every single match. I have yet to see a singles match with him that stood out from any other singles match he's had. They are all the same. Plus, he is on par with a Rhett Titus in his babyface persona. He does the worst facials. He is a horrible promo. His getting fired up motions are on level with Greg Gagne back in the early 1980's.

In all seriousness, I would rather see Moose or BJ as ROH World Champion before O'Reilly. I do not see the love some here have for him with all this "future World Champion" talk.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

O'Reilly just isn't this big underdog babyface ROH is desperately trying to push (gee, that sounds familiar). I also feel like he should ditch some of the goofy overselling he does (the spaghetti legs and the "I'm struggling to get the ropes" spot) because they basically look like comedy spots.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I eagerly await a response from Joeism on Thelone's analysis on O'Reilly. I'm sure he'll justify the spaghetti legs act of O'Reilly as awesome selling.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

No one can top Dick Murdoch at the spagetti legs thing.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

reDRagon, but especially O'Reilly will hopefully re-sign with ROH. They've proven themselves as being legitimate main event stars and deliver in spades with every opportunity they're given, plus there is still a load of untapped potential, especially with Kyle. With such a great track record and so much more potential mileage in singles competition I really hope ROH makes them a top priority.
I'd even go as far as saying that signing reDRagon is more substantial and important than signing the Young Bucks.

From an outsiders perspective (and not regarding necessarily personal dreams of being in WWE) it seems like staying with ROH would be the better deal. Get pushed as top stars and a focal point of the company, plus get to keep working NJPW where they have been pushed super strong (seriously, it's ridiculous how protected they are) vs get thrown into a tag scene that's been crap for years and likely will continue to be and you become just another guy with a probable pay cut.
I don't know, I'm hopeful they're just bargaining and will be sticking around ROH for a while at least. And don't forget, Bobby Fish is already almost 40 years old...