Top Prospect 2016

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Top Prospect 2016

Post by 187_Joeism »

#FeelTheRush LIO RUSH IS NEXT TPT COMPETITOR!

LIO RUSH IS NEXT TPT COMPETITOR!

As a professional wrestler, it is imperative to learn the lesson “never judge a book by its cover” and to learn it fast. Not accepting that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, and ages will quickly send unsuspecting competitors to the loser’s end of the purse with great regularity.

At 5’6”, 160 lbs, Lio Rush, a pro for just over one year, has very quickly learned to exploit this mental vulnerability in foes. The 2015 Shane Shamrock Memorial Cup winner is one of the finest high-flyers in the world and is the next entrant in the 2015 Ring of Honor Top Prospect Tournament!

Rush has quickly established himself as a star on the rise, competing in many of the top independent professional wrestling organizations in the United States before completing his first full year as a pro. As a former All-American amateur wrestler, Rush compliments his aerial assault with a supreme ground game that can take even the biggest opponents to the mat!

Rush was discovered at a ROH training camp, where he impressed ROH officials enough to earn an opportunity to compete in a ROH ring. In December 2015, Rush made his Ring of Honor debut in a Future of Honor contest against Vinny Marseglia. Rush was victorious following his spectacular “Rush Hour” finishing maneuver to defeat Marseglia 1-2-3, drawing rare adulation from a notoriously hardened Philadelphia crowd.

Despite his small stature, Rush’s early success has already drawn comparisons to high-flying dragon slayers like Rey Mysterio Jr., but Rush with his All-American amateur background, has the tools to make his own mark with his unique blend of aerial attacks and mat maneuvers. Rush is equipped with the skills to go all the way, win the 2016 Top Prospect Tournament, and earn a ROH contract!

Previously Announced
Action Ortiz
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Well, I picked both Rush and Ortiz. Ali and Starr should be next. I do wonder if Keith Lee and Shane Taylor will be in the TPT or will they just be bought in as a tag team ?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

For some reason I just think Bob Evans is going to somehow win the TPT.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Memphis Mark wrote:Well, I picked both Rush and Ortiz. Ali and Starr should be next. I do wonder if Keith Lee and Shane Taylor will be in the TPT or will they just be bought in as a tag team ?
I think one if not both could be in the tournament
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Lio Rush
Well that's much better already. I didn't realize he was so small though.
dhads7161 wrote:For some reason I just think Bob Evans is going to somehow win the TPT.
He's like 40-something and in ROH since 2012. Unless you're talking about Tim Hughes, the guy he's managing/mentoring.
Memphis Mark wrote:Starr
"""Can't wait""" to see this untalented, unfunny moron in the tournament. Hell, the Ortiz guy doesn't look so bad compared to him.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Remember the trick people pulled with the announcements for FOH last year?

http://www.rohwrestling.com/sites/defau ... ptali2.jpg

This one was the only one I could find, but if anyone has any ideas, you can take 'ali' out of the link, and insert the last name of whoever you think might be in it.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Thelone wrote:
Lio Rush
Well that's much better already. I didn't realize he was so small though.
dhads7161 wrote:For some reason I just think Bob Evans is going to somehow win the TPT.
He's like 40-something and in ROH since 2012. Unless you're talking about Tim Hughes, the guy he's managing/mentoring.
Memphis Mark wrote:Starr
"""Can't wait""" to see this untalented, unfunny moron in the tournament. Hell, the Ortiz guy doesn't look so bad compared to him.
I can't believe it - I agreed with everything Thelone said!

Truly, though, friends in wrestling tell me David Starr has a reputation that proceeds him and not in a good way. I would be very surprised if he is in the TPT.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

He's like 40-something and in ROH since 2012. Unless you're talking about Tim Hughes, the guy he's managing/mentoring

Thinking Hughes ends op announced as a participant, Bob makes him give him his spot.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

dark patriot wrote:im pretty sure David Starr and the Dirty Daddy are booked in Europe from the end of January until the beginning of March so that would throw a wrench in them being in the tourney it would seem.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

dark patriot wrote:
dark patriot wrote:im pretty sure David Starr and the Dirty Daddy are booked in Europe from the end of January until the beginning of March so that would throw a wrench in them being in the tourney it would seem.
No. David Starr is booked for the Jan. 10 PWX show in Charlotte . The ROH show is Jan. 9 in Concord, NC. That why I think Starr will be in the TPT . I
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

ok i guess it just precludes him from advancing in it.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

dark patriot wrote:ok i guess it just precludes him from advancing in it.

Sure. I don 't know much about Starr . never seen him work . , I just know he been to the camps and is in town during the TPT . Just makes sense he gets spot.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

I agree plus the fact that ive seen him post stuff about the TPP on his FB. he is usually is pretty solid IMO but it appears he is an acquired taste judging from other peoples feelings about him.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

dark patriot wrote:I agree plus the fact that ive seen him post stuff about the TPP on his FB. he is usually is pretty solid IMO but it appears he is an acquired taste judging from other peoples feelings about him.
I can't speak for his attitude/how he is behind the scenes, but I personally think that Starr has improved quite a bit in-ring wise in the last year.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Memphis Mark wrote:
dark patriot wrote:
No. David Starr is booked for the Jan. 10 PWX show in Charlotte . The ROH show is Jan. 9 in Concord, NC. That why I think Starr will be in the TPT . I
And Dickinson is booked for the Monster Factory show on January 9.
ImageImage
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

It's about time to bring in a British talent (Ospreay, Bate, Dar).

Maybe PCW has a bigger chance because of the partnership.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/punish ... z-2016-tpt

For a pro wrestling school that boasts alumni like The Big Show and King Kong Bundy, it is easy to see just how appropriate the name The World Famous Monster Factory really is. One of the latest monsters created by Danny Cage is the 6’6”, 253 lbs Punisher Martinez! After impressive showings in matches in Baltimore and New York in front of Ring of Honor crowds, Martinez has been one of the most asked-about names heading into 2016. It is with great excitement that Ring of Honor announces Punisher Martinez as the next competitor to enter the Top Prospect Tournament!

Martinez comes the 2016 TPT with a background in traditional Japanese Go Ju Ryu karate and accolades at the New York state and national levels in full-contact martial arts. Beyond training at the Monster Factory, Martinez has impressed Ring of Honor officials, including ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness, and has been supplementing his training by sparring at the ROH Dojo.

The big man from the Big Apple often surprises his opponents with his him combination of power and agility. Martinez uses a move he calls the “South of Heaven” chokeslam that he has put opponents away with in independent competition up and down the East Coast. But Martinez is also skilled in grappling and mat wrestling, a rarity for someone of his size, through training with UFC and All-American amateur wrestlers.

Punisher is among the hardest working wrestlers on the independents today with a dark side that drives his success. One of the largest competitors in this year’s Top Prospect Tournament, Martinez will be sure to take advantage of the mental as well as physical advantages he has with his intimidating presence and his bone-chilling declarations. Martinez is no doubt a favorite to become 2016’s Top Prospect and earn a ROH contract!

Previously Announced
Action Ortiz
Lio Rush

Ring of Honor Wrestling Presents
WINTER WARRIORS TOUR

Saturday, January 9th 2016
Cabarrus Events Center
4751 NC Hwy 49 North - Concord, NC 28025
5:30pm Doors Open / 7:00pm bell time

Tickets on Sale Now Click HERE to purchase
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Thelone

Post by Thelone »

They sure love wacky nicknames these days.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.