Tuesday Rollout

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
KL_

Re: Tuesday Rollout

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

For just $5 you will receive a random "retired" t-shirt featuring past and present Ring of Honor stars.

maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Honor For All, Honor Re-United (3 disc set), Death Before Dishonor, Glory By Honor, Survival of the Fittest and a Cody set (2 discs) were added to the shop. Weird choice for the Honor For All artwork (from what I recall Martinez versus Sky was a throwaway ten minute match to open the show) and Glory By Honor is pretty bleh (fitting for the show, i guess), but I think the other discs / covers are pretty cool.

KL_

Post by KL_ »

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Cool to see they are doing SO MANY desings recently.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

Montana

Post by Montana »

That's an awesome cover. Bet that is a great DVD set.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

I ordered the Honor Re-United 2018 Tour and 3rd disc containing the London show is missing the main event with Jay Lethal vs. Mark Haskins match. The running time of the disc is around 2 hours 21 minutes and the event on HonorClub is nearly 3 hours.

Their email support is absolutely terrible and haven't heard back in nearly 3 weeks.

I also noticed the video quality of the Kenny Omega: One Winged Angel DVD seems to be off and very low quality even his recent stuff from 2016-2017. Its like all matches are taken from an internet video stream with lot of lag. I have couple of events from 2016 and 2017 with the same Omega matches, specifically 14th Anniversary, War of the World and Global Wars and those are in much better quality. The 1st disc also has the same issue but video quality of ROH events even in 2008-2010 was quite rough but I don't think it was this bad. In terms of video quality the Omega DVD looks a complete botch release.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

My Honor Reunited London disc has the same problem, so I would assume every set has the glitch. It is a brutal mistake to make under any circumstances, but considering the entire weekend built to that match, it's beyond bush league. Email support has ignored me as well.

I was probably going to take a break from ROH after G1 SuperCard anyway since I'm trying to stick to a strict budget for a while, but shit like this makes it an easier decision.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I wonder if there was a bad set of disc's, I have a possible low quality issue on my Omega DVD, but it really has just been recorded from it's original format by the looks of it.

The only issue I came across was during the Omega vs Daniels match which seemingly was recorded from a stream, everything else seems to be good.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I’m another affected by the Honor Re-United glitch. I also dropped ROH an email. Clearly a problem with the batch

I wonder what, if anything, they plan to do to rectify it. Am I being naive to expect they could just get corrected discs printed up and mailed out to those impacted in a cardboard sleeve?
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Probably. The most similar situation I can think of is the 10th anniversary show that cut steen's promo after the main event. Obviously losing an actual main event is way worse than a promo, but I'm pretty sure they never did anything about that show. Seems like DVDs are a pretty small part of the business model now, I'd be surprised if they did anything to fix it other than a store credit at best. Certainly you would hope they at least stop including the match as part of the match listing online.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

They’ve clearly cottoned on to the problem even if no response has been issued to customers who’ve purchased the sets just yet - it’s been removed from the ROH shop 2018 links.

Fingers crossed something will be done to resolve. I’m inclined be cynical and concede it’s probably more Hope than expectation. (Although it would be decent if they at least acknowledged the matter. Not responding to sideeffect for 3 weeks isn’t really on...)
KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »