Tuesday Rollout

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Tuesday Rollout

Post by Montana »

Doesn't look like ROH is going to promote the sale on the website, but i got an e-mail with the following stuff on sale:

DVDs - 25% off
T-Shirts 35% off
Belts 50% off

I placed a large DVD order and not all the DVDs rang up at 25% yesterday, but most all look to be fixed now... except a few. Good deal if you have honorclub with an additional 15% off.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

KL_

Post by KL_ »

Montana

Post by Montana »

Looks like ROH just released some new DVDs:

- Best in the World
- War of the Worlds (4 Disc Set)
- Best of 2019 - VOL 2

NOw what i found interesting best of 2019 Vol 2 also has matches from the war of the worlds set. So maybe ROH is second guessing not releasing every show on DVD. Could just be because it's a major tour... but it will be interesting to see if ROH goes back to releasing more DVDs.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Montana wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:13 pm Looks like ROH just released some new DVDs:

- Best in the World
- War of the Worlds (4 Disc Set)
- Best of 2019 - VOL 2

NOw what i found interesting best of 2019 Vol 2 also has matches from the war of the worlds set. So maybe ROH is second guessing not releasing every show on DVD. Could just be because it's a major tour... but it will be interesting to see if ROH goes back to releasing more DVDs.
I would guess the major PPV shows sell best and the tours sell okay but maybe the standalone B shows are slow movers. Although in that case they would have released the Road to G1 tour, I don't see how War of the Worlds this year would be much more of a seller considering the lackluster NJPW roster for it and the mostly good reviews the first three Road to G1 shows had. So maybe you are right that they are second guessing.

I'm guessing they'll release a Volume 3 with Manhattan Mayhem, Mass Hysteria, Center Stage & Honor For All (plus maybe a few matches from Global Wars even if they do release a Global Wars set). But if the only shows between Death Before Dishonor & Final Battle are Glory By Honor & the UK tour, maybe they skip Volume 4 and release all of those as complete shows.

Side note, that second disc in the Best in the World set is fucking terrible, I'd be surprised if there was one hour of stuff on it. They should have either moved Rush/Flip to one of the Best Of sets and kept Best in the World at one disc or put a bunch of the Philadelphia TV taping matches on the second disc. As it is you are basically paying $5 extra for a decent ten minute preshow match.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Manhattan Mayhem should be able to sell itself, just based on the card and rave reviews.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

woods & young already have a t shirt

Montana

Post by Montana »

ROH has finally released a few more DVDs

Final Battle 2019 2 disc (w/ select matches from Final Battle Fallout)

Death Before Dishonor 2 Disc (W/ select matches from DBD Fallout)

Best of WIll Ospreay : Ariel Assassin 2 Disc ( May be just about all of his ROH matches)

They did not release a Best of 2019 Vol 3 compilation with all the other better matches.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Will's the only comp to come out this year? Oof.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah; I think the original plan was for ROH to release the PPVs and the "best of the other shows on DVD". With more focus on HonorClub moving forward. With COVID... ROH changed up it's tune with releasing every 2020 show on DVD; and releasing a Best of 2019 10 disc set with shows like G1 Supercard; which is now out of print; Manhattan Mayhem 2019; Summer Supercard; and others. Which is a really good deal.

I would have thought we get some more "Best Of" DVD sets; but maybe because they were doing Best of ROH wrestlers during COVID; and the Best of PPVs; ROH decided to wait. Plus with new guys like Bandido & Brody King ... they are still kinda new for full DVDs. Gresham would have been a good one. Maybe Silas Young/ Shane Taylor/Kenny King.

I wanna say around 2019 they released a Best of Cody/Young Bucks/Matt Taven/Marty.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Glory days acts to not have compilations yet:

Low Ki
James Gibson
Doug Williams
BJ Whitmer
Matt Sydal
Rocky Romero
Takeshi Morishima
Naomichi Marufuji

Other compilations not done yet:

Pure Title 2004-06
The Embassy vs. Generation Next
Aries & Strong tag team run
Danielson vs. Aries rivalry
Trios matches
Cage matches
Greatest Stars of the 2000s
Montana

Post by Montana »

supersonic wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:46 pm Glory days acts to not have compilations yet:

Low Ki
James Gibson
Doug Williams
BJ Whitmer
Matt Sydal
Rocky Romero
Takeshi Morishima
Naomichi Marufuji

Other compilations not done yet:

Pure Title 2004-06
The Embassy vs. Generation Next
Aries & Strong tag team run
Danielson vs. Aries rivalry
Trios matches
Cage matches
Greatest Stars of the 2000s
Those would be some great compilations. Pure Title DVD 2004-2006 makes a lot of sense right now. ROH should continue their annual recap with Best of years 7 & 8. Could see a "Greatest Ladder Wars" DVD as well. Maybe a greatest tag team matches as well' two volumes (Vol 1 = 2002-2010 & vol 2 2011-2020)