Tuesday Rollout

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TelkEvolon

Re: Tuesday Rollout

Post by TelkEvolon »

I like the Lethal one, other than the back.

The Strong one is odd.
"Each generation wants new symbols, new people, new names. They want to divorce themselves from their predecessors."

- Jim Morrison
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Steven »

Oh dear!

On the back of the box it says:

Tag Team Main Event - Grudge Match

Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Roderick Strong & .... Truth Martini!
ROHWorld_Harry
Admin
Admin

Post by ROHWorld_Harry »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:Oh dear!

On the back of the box it says:

Tag Team Main Event - Grudge Match

Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Roderick Strong & .... Truth Martini!
Hahahaha wow. :lol:
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I just caught that myself. Can't recall that match happening. :lol:
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I´m glad they release "Underground" after all.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Am I the only one that likes that Roderick shirt? I think it's decent

Glad to see another double feature though. I hope the market holds for ROH to continue releasing every show. As long as they do that I'm happy to see them continue to do these double-show DVD sets.

To be fair, I'm sure I read somewhere that ROH were debating whether to release the 'Underground' show at all because they weren't happy with the production/house lights etc. From photos the Cincy venue and show at least looked really nice, and the whole 'Rise & Prove' aspect is a nice little theme for an otherwise innocuous show

Slightly odd as to why they didn't release Underground with Homecoming 2012 but there you go...I suppose they were just desperate to get the Philadelphia show released asap
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

McXal wrote:Am I the only one that likes that Roderick shirt? I think it's decent

Glad to see another double feature though. I hope the market holds for ROH to continue releasing every show. As long as they do that I'm happy to see them continue to do these double-show DVD sets.

To be fair, I'm sure I read somewhere that ROH were debating whether to release the 'Underground' show at all because they weren't happy with the production/house lights etc. From photos the Cincy venue and show at least looked really nice, and the whole 'Rise & Prove' aspect is a nice little theme for an otherwise innocuous show

Slightly odd as to why they didn't release Underground with Homecoming 2012 but there you go...I suppose they were just desperate to get the Philadelphia show released asap
I think it's the fact that the Philly show had a great card. The Cincy show featured a lot of non ROH regulars and would have struggled to sell on its own IMO.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

ROHWorld_Steven wrote:
McXal wrote:Am I the only one that likes that Roderick shirt? I think it's decent

I think it's the fact that the Philly show had a great card. The Cincy show featured a lot of non ROH regulars and would have struggled to sell on its own IMO.
Fair shout, makes sense to look at it from that angle. I received Final Battle 2011 and Homecoming 2012 in the mail today...and immediately got my order in for the R&P DVD this afternoon. Resisted getting a 'Camp Strong' shirt...even though I find it fun/weird!
ROHWorld_Steven
Admin
Admin

McXal wrote:
ROHWorld_Steven wrote:

Fair shout, makes sense to look at it from that angle. I received Final Battle 2011 and Homecoming 2012 in the mail today...and immediately got my order in for the R&P DVD this afternoon. Resisted getting a 'Camp Strong' shirt...even though I find it fun/weird!
The Homecoming was a great show - I really enjoyed it. I'll order R&P soon. I don't mind the Strong shirt - it's a bit goofy though. The Lethal shirt is awful though - if the front's not bad enough, it has his twitter name in massive print on the back!
GardenStateSaint

I'm a big Lethal fan but I can't see myself buying that shirt.
GardenStateSaint

The 10th anniversary show has been released on DVD and in a month's time too!

1. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas) vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)
2. Homicide vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis & Brutal Bob
3. Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin with Truth Martini vs. The Amazing Red & TJ Perkins
4. World TV Title Match: Jay Lethal vs. Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy Limited
5. World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The Young Bucks
6. No DQ Match: Kevin Steen vs. Jimmy Jacobs
7. ROH World Champion Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Eddie Edwards & Adam Cole

DVD Bonus:
- Roses is Red - A Poem by the Briscoes
- Steve Corino looks back
- Prince Nana looks back
- ROH's First Ten Years Highlight Video
- Adam Cole leaving 10th Anniversary Interview
sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

The latest newswire gave a hint for the next DVD coming out Tuesday:
- This week’s “Tuesday Rollout” brought fans the “10th Anniversary: Young Wolves Rising” DVD release, the official “Synergy” event t-shirt, and the Michael Elgin “Unbreakable” shirt as well. All three can be purchased right here in the ROH Store. What's in store for you next week? Let's just say you've got to be in it to win it....

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/april-5th-newswire
Wonder what it could be.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Nigel DVD maybe
Nigel LikesGuinness

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

Best commentator in the world shirt 8-)
GardenStateSaint

ROH has released a retrospective DVD on the ROH career of Nigel McGuinness. Here is the match listing:

Disc 1
1. Nigel McGuinness vs. Chet Jablonski...Wrath of the Racket 8/9/03 (ROH debut)
2. Nigel McGuinness vs. Homicide...Midnight Express Reunion 10/2/04
3. Nigel McGuinness vs. Colt Cabana (Soccer Riot Match)...Night of the Grudges 2 8/20/05
4. Nigel McGuinness vs. Samoa Joe (ROH Pure Title Match)...Dragon Gate Invasion 8/27/05
5. Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries (ROH Pure Title Match)...Unscripted II 2/11/06
6. Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson (World Title Vs. Pure Title Unification Match)...Unified 8/12/06
7. Nigel McGuinness vs. Naomichi Marufuji (GHC Heavyweight Title Match)....Glory By Honor V Night 2 9/16/06
8. Highlights: McGuinness vs. Rave NO DQ I Quit Match...Battle of the Icons 1/27/07
9. Nigel McGuinness vs. Jimmy Rave (Fight Without Honor)...FYF: Finale 3/4/07

Disc 2

10. Highlights: Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match)...Fighting Spirit 4/14/07
11. Highlights: McGuinness & Danielson vs. Morishima & Marufuji...United We Stand 6/22/07
12. Highlights : Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match)...Live In Tokyo 7/16/07
13. Nigel McGuinness vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match)...Undeniable 10/6/07
14. Highlights: Nigel McGuinness vs. Austin Aries...Rising Above 12/29/07
15. In ring speech from Final Battle 2007
16. Nigel McGuinness vs. Tyler Black (ROH World Title Match)...Take No Prisoners 3/16/08
18. Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli (ROH World Title Match)...New Horizons 7/26/08
19. Nigel McGuinness vs. El Generico (ROH World Title Match)...Glory By Honor VII 9/20/08
20. Highlights: Nigel McGuinness vs. Jerry Lynn...Supercard of Honor IV 4/3/09
21. Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson...Glory By Honor VIII 9/26/09

DVD Bonus:
- Sit-down interview with Nigel McGuinness prior to Glory By Honor VIII
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Is the sit down interview also on the GBH8 dvd?
sideeffect

Post by sideeffect »

The Nigel DVD looks awesome!...love the cover too.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I may well get this solely for the interview

When the DVD was first announced I missed the fact that the interview was taped before GBH 8. Therefore I was surprised Nigel had done a career retrospective interview with ROH, just as he's about to start work on his own half documentary/half career retrospective project
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!

He is the high-flying, risk taking fan favorite known worldwide as "The Generic Luchador" El Generico & this is 2-disc set is a collection of 19 of his greatest Ring of Honor Matches! Featuring bouts against the likes of Homicide, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, and Roderick Strong, witness just why El Generico is one of the most beloved wrestlers in ROH's history. Whether it be challenging for the World, TV, or Tag Titles, Generico has proven himself to be ever-resilient and always has the fan's in his corner. From his ROH debut to his TV Title victory, this is a look at just some of the best El Generico has to offer!

Disc 1
1. El Generico vs. Arik Cannon vs. Fast Eddie vs. Josh Daniels...Do or Die IV 2/19/05 (ROH debut)
2. El Generico vs. Homicide...Dragon Gate Invasion 8/27/05
3. El Generico vs. Matt Sydal...A Fight At The Roxbury 6/8/07
4. Clip: El Generico vs. Delirious (First Round)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 1 7/27/07
5. Clip: El Generico vs. Chris Hero (Quarter-Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
6. Clip: El Generico vs. Davey Richards (Semi-Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
7. El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli (Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
8. El Generico vs. Naomichi Marufuji...Motor City Madness 2007 9/14/07
9. El Generico vs. Austin Aries (#1 Contender's Tournament First Round)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
10. El Generico vs. Go Shiozaki (#1 Contender's Tournament Semi-Finals)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
11. El Generico vs. Kota Ibushi...Return Engagement 4/19/08
12. El Generico vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match)...Age of Insanity 8/15/08
13. El Generico, Shingo, & Dragon Kid beat Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & BxB Hulk...Battle of the Best 9/13/08

Disc 2
14. El Generico vs. Taiji Ishimori...Tokyo Summit 9/14/08
15. El Generico vs. Bryan Danielson...Proving Ground 2009 Night 2 2/7/09
16. El Generico vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima...The Omega Effect 11/14/09
17. El Generico vs. Tyler Black...ROH on HDNet Episode 63
18. El Generico & Colt Cabana vs. The American Wolves...Salvation 7/24/10
19. El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...SoCal Showdown II 1/28/11
20. El Generico vs. TJ Perkins...Manhattan Mayhem IV 3/19/11
21. Clip: El Generico vs. Roderick Strong...Honor Takes Center Stage Chapter 2 4/2/11
21. El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (No Disqualification)...ROH Revolution USA 5/6/11
22. El Generico vs. Christopher Daniels (World TV Title Match)...Best in the World 2011 6/26/11
D2Kvirus

Post by D2Kvirus »

EcwHardCore07 wrote:Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!

He is the high-flying, risk taking fan favorite known worldwide as "The Generic Luchador" El Generico & this is 2-disc set is a collection of 19 of his greatest Ring of Honor Matches! Featuring bouts against the likes of Homicide, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, and Roderick Strong, witness just why El Generico is one of the most beloved wrestlers in ROH's history. Whether it be challenging for the World, TV, or Tag Titles, Generico has proven himself to be ever-resilient and always has the fan's in his corner. From his ROH debut to his TV Title victory, this is a look at just some of the best El Generico has to offer!

Disc 1
1. El Generico vs. Arik Cannon vs. Fast Eddie vs. Josh Daniels...Do or Die IV 2/19/05 (ROH debut)
2. El Generico vs. Homicide...Dragon Gate Invasion 8/27/05
3. El Generico vs. Matt Sydal...A Fight At The Roxbury 6/8/07
4. Clip: El Generico vs. Delirious (First Round)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 1 7/27/07
5. Clip: El Generico vs. Chris Hero (Quarter-Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
6. Clip: El Generico vs. Davey Richards (Semi-Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
7. El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli (Finals)...Race to the Top Tournament Night 2 7/28/07
8. El Generico vs. Naomichi Marufuji...Motor City Madness 2007 9/14/07
9. El Generico vs. Austin Aries (#1 Contender's Tournament First Round)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
10. El Generico vs. Go Shiozaki (#1 Contender's Tournament Semi-Finals)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
11. El Generico vs. Kota Ibushi...Return Engagement 4/19/08
12. El Generico vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match)...Age of Insanity 8/15/08
13. El Generico, Shingo, & Dragon Kid beat Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & BxB Hulk...Battle of the Best 9/13/08

Disc 2
14. El Generico vs. Taiji Ishimori...Tokyo Summit 9/14/08
15. El Generico vs. Bryan Danielson...Proving Ground 2009 Night 2 2/7/09
16. El Generico vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima...The Omega Effect 11/14/09
17. El Generico vs. Tyler Black...ROH on HDNet Episode 63
18. El Generico & Colt Cabana vs. The American Wolves...Salvation 7/24/10
19. El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (ROH World Title Match)...SoCal Showdown II 1/28/11
20. El Generico vs. TJ Perkins...Manhattan Mayhem IV 3/19/11
21. Clip: El Generico vs. Roderick Strong...Honor Takes Center Stage Chapter 2 4/2/11
21. El Generico vs. Roderick Strong (No Disqualification)...ROH Revolution USA 5/6/11
22. El Generico vs. Christopher Daniels (World TV Title Match)...Best in the World 2011 6/26/11
My first thought to this is...so he signed a SBG contract?