Tuesday Rollout

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GrizzlyHorsemen

Re: Tuesday Rollout

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

Big Red Machine wrote:I'm pleasantly surprised they put that TV taping on DVD.
Same here as we only got about 15 minutes of Lethal/Roddy and I think seeing the whole match could certainly bunmp up my **** rating.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Field of Honor 2015 & The Reloaded Tour: Atlanta are now out on DVD.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Black Friday suggestions. Just looking to get a handful.

ALL of the NJPW crossover shows this year, including May and SummerSlam weekend. MAYBE the WM31 weekend show. Looking at the hot Atlanta show from February for 100% sure. What else is up to par in terms of show quality and star power?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

supersonic wrote:Black Friday suggestions. Just looking to get a handful.

ALL of the NJPW crossover shows this year, including May and SummerSlam weekend. MAYBE the WM31 weekend show. Looking at the hot Atlanta show from February for 100% sure. What else is up to par in terms of show quality and star power?
I would throw in the show from Dayton in January. It's not as talked about now as the Atlanta show from February, but in terms of quality, it's pretty close. El Patron vs. Strong is a must see match. ACH & Sydal vs. The Briscoes is a great Main Event. The impromptu tag match with Ciampa & Hanson vs. The Kingdom is a lot better than you think it would be. You've also got a really solid undercard match in Elgin vs. Dickinson. There's a bit more undercard filler compared to the Atlanta show (which only had one of those matches), but the major stuff makes up for it.

Also, I didn't notice this until I checked just now, but the DVD price for all of the shows from January through Supercard of Honor IX have dropped for some reason. They're either listed at $14.99 or $12.99.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote:Black Friday suggestions. Just looking to get a handful.

Dayton from January and Milwaukee from March and Hopkins from April are all great choices (Milwaukee and Hopkins at important storyline implications, if that puts it over the top for you). SCOH was also very solid, and I'd say it's a must-get if you've been following ROH (and Jimmy Jacobs in particular for a long time). DBD and Field of Honor were also pretty great.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: Also, I didn't notice this until I checked just now, but the DVD price for all of the shows from January through Supercard of Honor IX have dropped for some reason. They're either listed at $14.99 or $12.99.
And yet they won't drop the price on Champions vs. All-Stars 2014 which is the only show from before May 2015 that I don't own.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Match quality and star power matter more to me than storylines as it became a chore to keep when SBG bought the company.

So it sounds like the Atlanta show, most of the March shows, and the NJPW crossover.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

project161

Post by project161 »

I'm surprised that ROH has not had any mention of the most recent Samoa Joe DVD. There was an advertisement for it on the 10/17 TV with footage used in the ad from the New York TV Taping, but there has been no mention of it since in three weeks.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

First I've heard of it. More details please. Title, discs, content, etc.
project161

Post by project161 »

It was during an ad on the 10/17/15 TV following the Kingdom promo on that show. They advertised Death Before Dishonor XIII & Field of Honor II and other compilation sets such as "Samoa Joe: Don't Call It A Comeback." I assume it is just a number of unreleased matches then all five of his matches from this year. They used footage of his entrance from the NY Tag Match. Hasn't been mentioned since that TV.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Would be a smart Black Friday release in light of his NXT direction.
GrizzlyHorsemen

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

I hope it comes out soon as I would like to see that tag not before the end of the year. I would guess that it could easily make it into a top 10 ROH matches of the year list.
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

What other comps were they advertising besides Joe?
project161

Post by project161 »

That was the only one.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

project161 wrote:That was the only one.
kill me
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

The 8 I've settled on for Black Friday:

Winter Warriors Atlanta
13th Anniversary
ROH/NJPW week in May
SummerSlam '15 weekend

You'll notice the common trend: outside star power. Should I have enough money I may get the Joe and Aries events too.
project161

Post by project161 »

They advertised the Joe DVD again on this past week's ROH on Sinclair. Have to imagine it will be released in the next week or two in time for Black Friday.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Oh, joy! FIVE new releases since last year's instead of four!

Am I being a whiny little bitch? Oh most definitely. But for goodness' sake, they literally ASKED the fans to tell them what DVDs to make 8 bloody months ago. I'm salty, son. This is not the world I was promised.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Tars Tarkas

Post by Tars Tarkas »

BlackLesnar wrote:Oh, joy! FIVE new releases since last year's instead of four!

Am I being a whiny little bitch? Oh most definitely. But for goodness' sake, they literally ASKED the fans to tell them what DVDs to make 8 bloody months ago. I'm salty, son. This is not the world I was promised.
I do understand the frustration. But the problem is they released too many comps in too short a space of time. There are exactly 50 compilation dvds still available in the ROH store and I suspect they don't want to add to that number if not many people are buying those compilations. Plus there have been more ROH shows this year than there has been in a long time (the most since 2009 I reckon) and thankfully they ARE releasing them on dvd. The sheer number of shows though might mean they don't want to overcrowd the market by releasing lots of compilations as well. If you think about it, ROH release far more dvds each year than even the WWE, who have far more money and resources.

Personally I would love them to release uncut matches from the TV show regularly on dvd. They have at least started releasing SOME of the bigger TV tapings on dvd which I think is a very positive move. Hopefully this continues.

However until those compilation dvds in the ROH store start flying off the shelves, I suspect that ROH will be reluctant to make too many more.