Official Survival of the Fittest 2015 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JTGrasby

Re: Official Survival of the Fittest 2015 Thread

Post by JTGrasby »

Not a fan of Elgin winning in the slightest. Least I can be assured that Lethal won't be losing the title to him, but I would've preferred a guy like ACH to get the rub and a title match.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Nice attendance for Night 2 :)

BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Meh. Not a fan of repeat wins. Completely unnecessary.
Reading how it went down though, I guess it made sense. Elgin finally gets his win back from Briscoe, gets a nice little redemption arc after last year's rapid fall from grace, plus I guess this actually gives him the unique accomplishment that his ROH resume lacked. It's not exactly "longest reigning champion" or "most defenses", but it's something.
Just another one of those things, really. Like the ROH Title being vacated for the first time or Jay Briscoe winning the title back like it weren't no thang. With national exposure comes adjusted booking expectations.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I haven't quite caught up on DVDs for 2015 and the current storylines, but isn't Elgin a "free agent" now, working with ROH on a handshake agreement? Why have him win SOTF then? That's the part i don't get. I guess having win it twice is a nice accomplishment, but it would be good to know if Elgin is going to stick around for a while.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Montana wrote:I haven't quite caught up on DVDs for 2015 and the current storylines, but isn't Elgin a "free agent" now, working with ROH on a handshake agreement? Why have him win SOTF then? That's the part i don't get. I guess having win it twice is a nice accomplishment, but it would be good to know if Elgin is going to stick around for a while.
He's still considering his options. Winning SotF might indicate he resigned.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

JTCole wrote:
Montana wrote:I haven't quite caught up on DVDs for 2015 and the current storylines, but isn't Elgin a "free agent" now, working with ROH on a handshake agreement? Why have him win SOTF then? That's the part i don't get. I guess having win it twice is a nice accomplishment, but it would be good to know if Elgin is going to stick around for a while.
He's still considering his options. Winning SotF might indicate he resigned.
Or they're trying to keep him happy. Can't help but wonder if Roddy's injury had any effect on the booking?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote: Avoids the three way at FB
Don't count on that.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think until the match ends people are going to say that is going to be a three way :lol:

Elgin said he wanted the shot in Japan so we will see if it´s at the Dome or the Japan tour.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I actually like this. Elgin was the only guy in the tournament positioned as being anywhere close to a title shot, although they haven't actually done anything to build him up for said title shot. This accomplishes that. The only other guy in the entire tournament who had a shot at winning was Cole, and this would have made it two in a row for Cole, which I'm not a fan of because it feels too redundant.
Big Red Machine

187_Joeism wrote:I think until the match ends people are going to say that is going to be a three way :lol:

Elgin said he wanted the shot in Japan so we will see if it´s at the Dome or the Japan tour.
This.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

187_Joeism wrote:I think until the match ends people are going to say that is going to be a three way :lol:

It being on January 4th kinda spoils Final Battle, unless AJ would be wrestling twice.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Crickets would love to see Lethal vs. Elgin at the Dome and people are overblowing the hell out of that Japan tour in February.

I admit that the 3-way is less likely now because Elgin isn't going to be at the next TV taping which is the build-up for FB, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out either.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
This.
Totally agree.
Burnside wrote:
Northwoods_Nightmare wrote: Avoids the three way at FB
Don't count on that.
Styles pinned Lethal clean in the middle of the ring in Milwaukee, clearly building towards a singles match, yet they're somehow throwing somebody else in there? Don't count on it.
Spoiler: show
Strong apparently said in his promo that he's taking on all comers, so he won't be that guy (besides, unless you plan on doing a Two Fall Three-Way like WrestleMania 16, then why would you put Strong in there when he's better served defending the TV Title?).
Jay Briscoe got pinned by Elgin, so he's not being added. Cole vs. O'Reilly is very likely so it won't be either of them. As far as Elgin goes...
Spoiler: show
Certainly seemed like they were building to Elgin/Moose at the last TV Tapings.
When you consider all of that, who's left?

As far as Elgin's title shot goes, it could easily be either at the Tokyo Dome or the shows in February. It'll depend on who wins Lethal/Styles (obviously), but also what the plan is for Ishii and the NEVER Openweight Title.
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Meh. Not a fan of Elgin going over. What this does prove is that there is no way Lethal is losing the belt to Elgin. I also believe that unless Elgin is in the 3 way like Burnside has called the main event of FB from the beginning, this takes place in Tokyo. A stand alone match between Lethal and Elgin would only generate enough interest for a house show, not one of the biggest shows of the year.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Meh. Not a fan of Elgin going over. What this does prove is that there is no way Lethal is losing the belt to Elgin. I also believe that unless Elgin is in the 3 way like Burnside has called the main event of FB from the beginning, this takes place in Tokyo. A stand alone match between Lethal and Elgin would only generate enough interest for a house show, not one of the biggest shows of the year.
They could easily make Elgin vs. Lethal work for a big show. All you need is the proper build. There is a story in Elgin trying to climb his way back to the top after his tumultuous situation after losing the title so quickly last year after such a long chase. It probably works best if you do the match in Toronto (both Elgin's home market and the place where he lost the belt), but you could make it work anywhere. I understand if it's not something you'd want to headline one of your four PPVs with (although I think it could be), but it would absolutely work for an iPPV main event at the very least.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Can't see Elgin being added to the world title match. He's feuding with Moose.

Can't see Roddy NOT defending the TV title that was held for over one year by the same guy. They need to have it defended at the PPV to keep its relevancy.

We don't know New Japan's booking, maybe they actually have plans for Lethal and want to use him in 2016? They've probably noticed what a year he's had in ROH and maybe want to use him over there next year. The point is, we don't know.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm seeing Styles winning the belt at Final Battle and defending against Elgin on the February Japan show. Styles & Elgin are their two most established wrestlers in Japan along with reDRagon, so that main makes sense.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I still think a 3rd guy is getting added to the FB match. Maybe an Honor Rumble in Nashville next week.
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

Burnside wrote:I still think a 3rd guy is getting added to the FB match. Maybe an Honor Rumble in Nashville next week.
It's Ferrara's time.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Ferrera = Buyrate