Jim Cornette vs the Young Bucks

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
jjankows

Jim Cornette vs the Young Bucks

Post by jjankows »

The back and forth interviews with Cornette and the Young Bucks is really entertaining. I think ROH should run with this and make it a storyline. During a Young Bucks tag title match have Jim cost the Bucks the match. Have Jim constantly screw the Young Bucks. Every time the Young Bucks are about Superkick him, he gets away. You have the Bucks and Jim cut promos on each other constantly. You slowly build up to the Bucks winning the belts and Superkicking Cornette. Just imagine the Heat Jim would get for hitting the Bucks kicking legs with the tennis racket. Picture the pop the Bucks would get for finally Superkicking Jim. Do you guys think they should take their legit beef and make it a feud?
WHG

Re: Jim Cornette vs the Young Bucks

Post by WHG »

The only thing interesting about the Corny/Bucks beef is that there's legitimate heat, at least with the Bucks toward Cornette (lots of people claim it's just Cornette working). The second that turns into a storyline on TV, it turns into another groan-inducing worked shoot.

I was a big fan of Jim Crockett Promotions and Cornette and the Midnight Express were among my favorite wrestling acts of all time, but I never want to see him on my TV again. Especially not in ROH.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I love Cornette as a promo; I think he’s one of the best ever. My idiot wrestling fantasy is to have faction warfare between heel Cornette and face Martini stables, culminating in a cage match where the managers are the surviving members and must work without bumping.

That said, I don’t love him as creative—really there are only a few wrestling creative influences that I think were truly great, and Cornette is certainly not one of them. If he’s around I don’t want him slinking around and touching production.

EDIT: I could not care less about the beef between the Bucks and Cornette.
IchaelMelgin

Post by IchaelMelgin »

I' enjoy the idea of it, but what would be the kayfabe reason.. anyone tuning in who doesn't do twitter would just be confused
boourns

Post by boourns »

Cornette means what he says about the Bucks style of wrestling, but he also realizes that it could mean business somewhere down the line. The Bucks seem to be taking it too seriously as they said Cornette joked with them about having an angle together and they brushed him off.
WHG

Post by WHG »

boourns wrote:The Bucks seem to be taking it too seriously as they said Cornette joked with them about having an angle together and they brushed him off.
I don't think it's a case of the Bucks taking what he said too seriously. I think their problem with him stems from how he treated them in ROH and they still hold a grudge. They've talked about that several times in interviews. He signed them, then stopped booking them and told them they should see if TNA would take them back. They also told a story about how he gathered all of the talent before a show one night and said, while looking at them, "I don't want to see one superkick tonight." They felt like he put them in a really bad position career wise and haven't forgiven him.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Well, Cornette is a great heel manager, given he managed a good team (heel War Machine, for example), this would be fun to watch, even without beef. Not happening though.
boourns

Post by boourns »

WHG wrote:
boourns wrote:The Bucks seem to be taking it too seriously as they said Cornette joked with them about having an angle together and they brushed him off.
I don't think it's a case of the Bucks taking what he said too seriously. I think their problem with him stems from how he treated them in ROH and they still hold a grudge. They've talked about that several times in interviews. He signed them, then stopped booking them and told them they should see if TNA would take them back. They also told a story about how he gathered all of the talent before a show one night and said, while looking at them, "I don't want to see one superkick tonight." They felt like he put them in a really bad position career wise and haven't forgiven him.
Cornette said ROH told him not to book them because they couldn't afford to fly them out on a regular basis. He has always said they were incredible athletes even if he doesn't like their style.

They also said they went out and did a million super kicks when Cornette said that so it's not like they took the high road and tried to compromise.

I think both parties overreact, but Cornette seems to be willing to put it aside if they can make money off of it.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I disagree with half the stuff Cornette says, agree with the other half, but whatever it is he's usually pretty entertaining.
That being said, under no circumstances do I want to see him in ROH again.