Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Since the show in Kalamazoo, Michigan on 10/23 is a TV Taping, I'll post that thread in the spoilers section.

Ring of Honor's newest tradition comes to one of the company's most historic venues. It's the 4th Edition of Champions vs. All-Stars!

Glory By Honor XIV: Champions vs. All-Stars
Dayton, Ohio 10/24/15

- Six-Man Tag - Champions (ROH World Champion Jay Lethal, ROH World TV Champion Roderick Strong & ROH World Tag Team Champions The Kingdom with Truth Martini & Maria Kanellis) vs. All-Stars (ACH, Moose, & The Addiction)
- The Briscoes vs. War Machine
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Donovan Dijak (with Truth Martini)
- Four-Corner Survival - Adam Page (with BJ Whitmer) vs. Cedric Alexander (with Veda Scott) vs. Dalton Castle vs. Cliff Compton
- The All-Night Express vs. Silas Young & The Beer City Bruiser
- Adam Cole vs. Will Ferrara
- Kelly Klein (with BJ Whitmer) vs. Ray Lynn
- Caprice Coleman vs. Samson Walker

Keep all discussions here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Th

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Interesting to note that, in this article, they refer to Bobby Fish as "The Infamous":
Glory By Honor XIV returns with another great annual Ring of Honor tradition, Champions vs. All Stars! Tickets are on sale now and moving fast - Click HERE to purchase

Champions vs. All Stars is the highly anticipated match up featuring the ROH World Champion, ROH World Television Champion & ROH World Tag Team Champions taking on the ROH All Stars, all top contenders to their titles in an 8 man tag team elimination match.

This year’s match will be an odd one, as there are only 3 title holders in ROH. The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett) are the current ROH World Tag Team Champions and Jay Lethal is the undisputed ROH World & World Television Champion. This situation poses a problem as Lethal has top contenders to both of his championships who want a shot at knocking him from his perch.

“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles is the #1 contender to Jay Lethal’s ROH World Championship after All Star Extravaganza VII and would love to prove himself as an all-star and contender. Due to the ending moments of both of their matches at All Star Extravaganza VII, “The Infamous” Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly could be considered as both singles competitors and top contenders to the tag team championships. They would are both looking for an opportunity to get back at Jay Lethal. “Mr ROH” Roderick Strong has a sour taste in his mouth after taking Lethal to a 60 minute draw at Death Before Dishonor, then getting the short end of a return match after The HOT interfered. He is still performing at an elite level and winning matches, which keeps him in the hunt for a spot.

The Addiction, War Machine, The Briscoes and The Young Bucks are all looking to get their hands on the Kingdom. The Addiction were not pinned when they lost their championships and have been claiming that there was a conspiracy to get the championships off them. War Machine recently defeated The Kingdom on ROH Television, they were successful on a recent tour of Japan and they believe it is their time. The Young Bucks had The Addiction defeated at ASE VII when Taven sneaked in and stole the victory out from under them. The brash duo would be great teammates with a strong desire to not only win, but look great doing it. The Briscoes are the measuring sticks in tag team wrestling! They are former 8x tag team champions and an invitation to the All Stars would be something the Briscoes and fans would love.

The pressure is now on ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness. We have heard rumblings coming from his office that he is currently going to change the format to a 6 man Champions vs. All Stars match up. This would be the first time in history and speaks to the greatness of Jay Lethal. Truth Martini, who claims to be the greatest manager in ROH history, is on top of this. He has threatened to hold out on signing any contract with Jay Lethal unless the Champions vs All Stars match is fair to the champ.

Be in Dayton on Saturday October 24 live to witness this amazing event. Tickets on sale now - Click HERE to purchase
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

They've been calling him that on commentary sometimes. No idea where it comes from.
Last Real Man Hype
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

That would work with Corino, Kelly, Bob Evans or Jay Diesel, but Fish ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I kinda like it. It just feels less cool than it should be because it's Kelly and Corino trying to get it over.

Bobby Fish is an obnoxious enough person that it would've been better if it started with him referring to himself as that in promos.
Last Real Man Hype
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I like it too, but I agree it just comes across like another bad joke from Kelly and Corino because they've been the only ones calling him that.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Jack

Post by Jack »

The only thing I can think of is if they trying to latch on to "Notorious" Connor McGregor. Bobby fish does look dapper in a suit and has got a mouth on him like a certain Irishman.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I think its actually a bit of a take on Conor McGregor. Some writers and MMA journalists actually refer to him as "The Infamous" because sometimes his mouth runs a little bit too much a bit like how Fish's does.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

So we're getting Glory By Honor without any championship matches at all? That's disappointing. Glory By Honor is supposed to be a big deal. This could be any other random show over the course of the year.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

Big Red Machine wrote:So we're getting Glory By Honor without any championship matches at all? That's disappointing. Glory By Honor is supposed to be a big deal. This could be any other random show over the course of the year.
Champions vs All Stars is a better main event than all but a couple potential title matches would be, and we all know that those matches probably weren't going to be at GBH considering it's a B+ show, unless they would be doing it at the TV taping portion.

As far as "The Infamous" Bobby Fish, it fits him well although I still personally prefer "The round eye samurai."
Big Red Machine

Northwoods_Nightmare wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:So we're getting Glory By Honor without any championship matches at all? That's disappointing. Glory By Honor is supposed to be a big deal. This could be any other random show over the course of the year.
Champions vs All Stars is a better main event than all but a couple potential title matches would be, and we all know that those matches probably weren't going to be at GBH considering it's a B+ show, unless they would be doing it at the TV taping portion.
ROH has enough stuff going on that Glory By Honor shouldn't need to be reduced to a B+ show.
Fish should be in line for a TV Title match as should
Spoiler: show
Watanabe
and maybe Moose as well (I haven't seen the Chicago show yet).
Roddy and Kyle should both in line for world title shots, and they have been pushing Elgin towards one as well. Jay Briscoe has also not received his rematch yet. reDRagon never got beaten cleanly for the tag titles and The Addiction need their rematch. I'd take any combination of a Lethal defense and a tag title match for Glory By Honor and have Champions vs. All-Stars take the place of one of the regular fall house show.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

"Yammering" Bobby Fish. Definitely that. I still want one of his opponents say something along the lines of, "I will hurt you in the worst way possible, Bobby. I will rip out your vocal cords and watch you die inside as Moose out talks you on the mic."
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Champions vs All-Stars could be one of the better matches of the year like it was on the past. Lethal still could defend the TV Title to follow the current storyline with him.
project161

Post by project161 »

It depends on the pairing. Even if the gimmick is elimination, they already essentially *just* had a Champions vs. All Stars Match just a month ago in Atlanta for the main event.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think AJ is a lock for the Champions vs All-Stars, it could be AJ/Bucks vs Lethal/Kingdom.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

187_Joeism wrote:I think AJ is a lock for the Champions vs All-Stars, it could be AJ/Bucks vs Lethal/Kingdom.
That would be awesome, everything that has Styles and the Bucks wrestling as a trio is pure gold.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

bucks are signed for appear in this show?
Big Red Machine

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:I think AJ is a lock for the Champions vs All-Stars, it could be AJ/Bucks vs Lethal/Kingdom.
That would be awesome, everything that has Styles and the Bucks wrestling as a trio is pure gold.
TBH I'd rather not see this as Champions vs. All-Stars simply because it feels like a match they could do at any show. I'd rather see a more unusual combination of babyfaces.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:
TBH I'd rather not see this as Champions vs. All-Stars simply because it feels like a match they could do at any show. I'd rather see a more unusual combination of babyfaces.
They can also do something like AJ, Strong & Kyle vs Lethal & Kingdom and then Cole vs Fish to follow Cole´s turn, the all stars team has a lot of posibilities this year.
project161

Post by project161 »

It is also dependent on who is booked for the Junior Tag League which I think is supposed to be going on at the same time as these shows. Bucks and RD particularly could be there, leaving the likes of The Briscoes/War Machine/Daniels & Kazarian as possibilities.