Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Robareid

Re: Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Th

Post by Robareid »

They're just numbers, and everybody has a different curve. There's no definitive right rating for any match, although I'm sure everybody who rates sees the curve they use as the one that works best. In general I'm fairly generous up to around to around 3.5 but for high end matches 4+ I'm generally a very harsh marker. To take a random example Rich Kraetsch is generally a harsher marker than me for matches below 3.5 but where I'll often throw a 3.25 at what he says is 2.75 or whatever, but once we get up there he's often throwing 4.5 while I'm still a 4. And we have very similar tastes, we just have different curves, but there's no definitive "right" curve. We may enjoy a match exactly the same amount, but even then it doesn't mean we'll give a match the same rating.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:Watching his reviews he doesn´t seem to like anything, Are you sure he is not TheLone? :lol:
That was so wrong. Thelone has done absolutely nothing to convince me he wants to eclipse Meltzer as the #1 wrestling expert in the world.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I´ve just bought GBH. Can I watch it now or should I wait until watching all the tv episodes taped the day before? (From the TV Tapings I just know the result of the TV Title Match). :mrgreen:
Last edited by AlexROH on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote:I´ve just bought GHB.
Might not want to let the internet know about that. The government might be watching.

But in response to your question. the result of the TV Title match is all you need to know (although it's possible that commentary from the iPPV might spoil some of the matches).
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

It's a lot cheaper to make it yourself too
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

It’s only a matter of time now before Chris Lovey starts hyping up the newest member of Special K: Liquid E (though some people just call him G).