Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GrizzlyHorsemen

Re: Official Glory By Honor XIV (Champions vs. All-Stars) Th

Post by GrizzlyHorsemen »

jordidebaas wrote:This weekend and next week will still have matches from SA, so probably the week after that.

That would mean if they'd tape four episodes on this taping and the next one, that would take us to the weekend after FB, so I really hope they only tape three episodes on one of the those, otherwise they're once again not going to follow up their PPV with new episodes the week after it.
Which is just yet another reason why doing the FOH show a few weeks ago was idiotic.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

jordidebaas wrote:
Amazing.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Glory By Honor XIV: Champions vs. All-Stars is now available on VOD.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:Glory By Honor XIV: Champions vs. All-Stars is now available on VOD.
Yeah, great news. How was the show? (without spoilers please) Worth the price? I´ve watch every VOD show that ROH has done this year, was this show an average one ?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Ryan Rozanski of PWP reviewed this just now and it's, uh, not very positive

http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/11/02/ ... on-review/

He liked the main event and War Machine vs Briscoes though.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Watching his reviews he doesn´t seem to like anything, Are you sure he is not TheLone? :lol:
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

187_Joeism wrote:Watching his reviews he doesn´t seem to like anything, Are you sure he is not TheLone? :lol:
I think he made good points, especially how the only real angle advancement on the show was Cheeseburger vs Bob Evans.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I haven't read this review (or seen the show yet), but his reviews of the house show VODs are generally pretty negative.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

WHG wrote:I haven't read this review (or seen the show yet), but his reviews of the house show VODs are generally pretty negative.
True but he points out why he doesn't like them.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

187_Joeism wrote:Watching his reviews he doesn´t seem to like anything, Are you sure he is not TheLone? :lol:
I can't think of a time when he liked anything in any promotion better than me. OTOH, I can think of pretty much every time when he disliked things worse than me.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

He also said that the main events were solid, but gave both ***1/4 stars, which I don't think I'd call solid for main events in ROH, especially a match like CvsA that was, IMO, a MOTYC the two years before, so he probably just rates his matches a little more strictly than most people do
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

JTCole wrote:
WHG wrote:I haven't read this review (or seen the show yet), but his reviews of the house show VODs are generally pretty negative.
True but he points out why he doesn't like them.
What's odd is that the reception on Twitter is that the crowd was hot all night and into it and yet he said the crowd is on their hands the whole time?
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
What's odd is that the reception on Twitter is that the crowd was hot all night and into it and yet he said the crowd is on their hands the whole time?
It was neither hot all night nor cold all night. The highs and lows were pretty much in tune with the match that was put on. People were fairly quiet for Caprice and J. Deisals matches. It was pretty loud for the last 2 which were the best matches on the card, though it took them a little time to warm up to Briscoes War Machine.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

DBSommer wrote:
FanSinceHDNet wrote:
It was neither hot all night nor cold all night. The highs and lows were pretty much in tune with the match that was put on. People were fairly quiet for Caprice and J. Deisals matches. It was pretty loud for the last 2 which were the best matches on the card, though it took them a little time to warm up to Briscoes War Machine.
Interesting. This card really piqued my interest but I haven't pulled the trigger. Anyone know who is on commentary? I'm assuming Kevin Kelly and ...? Wondering if this will give any clue as to the next set of TV tapings or for Final Battle. Fingers crossed for Nigel.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

What's so incredible about a bunch of cold matches with jobbers and heatless midcarders ? It's just like any random WWE live show where you get a whole bunch of nothing matches with dudes you don't see on TV too often and a couple of matches that might be good.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

FanSinceHDNet wrote: Interesting. This card really piqued my interest but I haven't pulled the trigger. Anyone know who is on commentary? I'm assuming Kevin Kelly and ...? Wondering if this will give any clue as to the next set of TV tapings or for Final Battle. Fingers crossed for Nigel.
It varied. It was BJ early on, Nana was there for one or two, I think, AJ might have been there for the last one. Don't think it was Nigel at all.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think PWP doesnt like roh...reviews are always negative :lol:
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They have their liking and that´s ok, i just don´t trust his reviews because we obviously don´t have the same taste, i mention TheLone because he is the same in that aspect.

I mean at least he mention why he didn´t like it.
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Ryan is just a harsh marker star wise on everything. I find you can generally add about half a star to all his ratings to get to the consensus.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Yeah, I'd say he generally rates on the low end, but he's done that with Evolve reviews as well. Some people just rate too low. Then you get people like me who rate too high (or at least, people think I do), but I guess that means I enjoy wrestling too much. :lol: